Likelihood I will get turned down a single entry tourist visa?

Just a thought but are they now coming down more severely on people who have had an over stay more so than what the new rules stipulate? If you over stayed in the US, Canada or the UK for example, you certainly wouldn't be walking straight back in or getting a Visa the same day.
As I say, maybe they are cracking down and making examples to show they are serious?

Edited by Ronuk

Can someone explain to me why they put NTL BY THAILAND on his Malaysian exit stamp. NTL I believe means Not To Land.

Just my opinion, but I think it's a simple notation so that Malaysian Immigration know that the person was denied entry "No To Land" in Thailand.
Unless it was written by Malaysian immigration themselves before the OP boarded his flight to Thailand,meaning they were aware the OP cannot land in Thailand for maybe other reasons that we are not aware of?

It would be good to understand who wrote the NTL comment, Malaysian or Thai Immigration.

Can the OP clarify?

I would like to know the definitive answer too.

It may of been written by Malaysian IO's on re-entry, but as 'NTL' means 'denied entry' it makes sense that Thai Immigration wrote it after denying entry. That way, on re-entry to Maylasia or entry to another country, it would explain the lack of Thai entry/exit stamps and alert to the denied entry.

Edited by elviajero

It may of been written by Malaysian IO's on re-entry, but as 'NTL' means denied entry it makes sense that Thai Immigration wrote it after denying entry. That way, on re-entry to Maylasia or entry to another country, it would explain the lack of Thai entry/exit stamps and alert to the denied entry.

There are no entry/exit stamps from Thailand because the OP never actually entered Thailand, he did not clear Immigration. So he was left hanging around in transit, and the justification for that period is in the big stamps (22-23).

Perhaps yes, Thai Immi wrote that as he arrived from Malaysia.

Because if Malaysian Immi wrote that, it would imply they have knowledge of previous things that we don't know of.

Unless they wrote it on the 23rd when he was back to Malaysia as you suggest.

From the moment I re-entered Thailand, up to the point where I was dealing with Malaysian IO, I did not have my passport in my possession. They kept it from me until I was given entry back into KL. So to answer the question, I don't know who put that in there. Also, there is nothing I'm hiding from my posts, it was simple, overstayed 6 days, paid fee, left country, returned 7 hrs later, and they just didn't want to let me in again.

A few last questions I have, IF I'm denied a tourist visa, will it be recorded in my passport? Will other Thai embassies have access to that information? When would I find out that I'm denied the visa? The day of applying? Or 1-2 business days? Thanks in advance

A few last questions I have, IF I'm denied a tourist visa, will it be recorded in my passport? Will other Thai embassies have access to that information? When would I find out that I'm denied the visa? The day of applying? Or 1-2 business days? Thanks in advance

The put nothing in your passport if denied a visa and other embassies or consulates would not know about it. It would be the next day when you go back to pick up your passport.

If you visa application could not be approved they would not accept the application. They seldom deny an application once it is accepted and the fee paid.

1. No.
  2. No.
  3. Usually they will not accept an application. It would be very unusual for an application to get denied once it has been submitted.

Which documents will I need to have to apply for a 60 day tourist visa? I have a flight exiting Thailand on July 7th, is it going to be ok, if I'm asked to provide proof of onward travel, that I show them that, and tell them my plan is to extend at immigration office before the 60 days is up, or should I book another flight out before the 60 days, just in case? If they ask what the reason for Thailand denying me entry was, what should be my response? Thanks in advance!

Which documents will I need to have to apply for a 60 day tourist visa? I have a flight exiting Thailand on July 7th, is it going to be ok, if I'm asked to provide proof of onward travel, that I show them that, and tell them my plan is to extend at immigration office before the 60 days is up, or should I book another flight out before the 60 days, just in case? If they ask what the reason for Thailand denying me entry was, what should be my response? Thanks in advance!

Not sure you will need to show the ticket out Your existing ticket should be accepted. Their requirements can be found here but appear to be the standard requirements from the MFA website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kotabharu/th/services/1172/19468-Types-of-Visa.html

You could tell you are not sure why you were denied entry if they asked. The denial of entry stamp is for not having financial proof. It would be wise to have the equivalent of 20k baht with you or at least some form of financial proof.

Stuck in a taxi he has no idea where he's going and the shitty ass Internet in Malaysia can't even load a page on google maps... Can someone give me the address? Something the taxi driver can understand? Highly appreciated..

The reason for denial is written on the denial stamp so they will know. As UJ said have a minimum of 20K as that is something they can insist upon to issue the visa.

That was quicker and easier than I expected. Walked in, greeted her. Told her I'm looking to apply for a tourist visa, she handed me a paper, I filled it out, handed her 2 passport photos, my passport, a photocopy of my details in passport, and 150 MYR (1348 Thai baht at time of writing). She told me to return the next day to pick it up. There was 0 queue, and the place was dead. Thanks for all the quick responses in this thread. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Great news. Glad it was so easy.

Post when you get your passport back with visa.

Would it be premature to book my flight to Thailand right now?

I don't think so.

Also, is there a chance I can get passport + visa earlier than 2PM?

I doubt it. But you could contact them and ask. Contact info for the visa section is on this page: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kotabharu/th/organize/17232-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%8C--Contact-Us.html

Can someone explain to me why they put NTL BY THAILAND on his Malaysian exit stamp. NTL I believe means Not To Land.

Could it be a stamp to indicate that the exit from Malaysia was not "completed" and because he was sent back that the last entry stamp preceding this one is the one that is still in force until he completes an exit (i.e. admit until date of original entry stamp)??

Would it be premature to book my flight to Thailand right now?

Please let us know how you are greeted on entry this time around -- whether you breeze through or give you the 10 - 15 minute interrogation where they flip through your passport humming and hawing before finally stamping you through....

this may be relevant to others who read through this post, so I'm just going to post it here. I've been trying to find direct flights from Kota Bharu to Thailand, but it seems there are none. At least for tomorrow. What's the fastest way I can get from Kota Bharu to Chiang Mai, considering I will pick up my passport by 2PM and can at the airport by 2:30PM? I don't mind spending money, I just want the fastest method of getting from Kota Bharu -> Chiang Mai tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

this may be relevant to others who read through this post, so I'm just going to post it here. I've been trying to find direct flights from Kota Bharu to Thailand, but it seems there are none. At least for tomorrow. What's the fastest way I can get from Kota Bharu to Chiang Mai, considering I will pick up my passport by 2PM and can at the airport by 2:30PM? I don't mind spending money, I just want the fastest method of getting from Kota Bharu -> Chiang Mai tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Private jet. Contact the airport.

• Like 2

Ok I did look around for this. This will only work with online checkin for the Air Asia flights.

Malaysia Airlines KBR KUL 16:10 17:10 THB 2,052

Transfer with train from KLIA to KLIA2 with train - 3 min ride - RM 2

Air Asia KUL HKT (Phuket) 18:30 18:50 THB 1,467

Air Asia HKT CNX 20:15 22:15 THB 2,142

There is no other combination for tomorrow after 14:30, there is a KBR to PEN at 14:45, but that's too tight.

Also KBR to KUL with Air Asia does not match the hours, hence the Malaysia Airlines choice.

Edited by lkv