Likelihood I will get turned down a single entry tourist visa?

Thai Smile has a flight from Narathiwat at 16:25 (arriving Bangkok at 18:00). As I recall, the airport is about 80 km from the border at Sungai kolok,so doable by taxi (about 800 baht?). At this kind of tiny airport, you can cut things very fine and still be allowed to board if you have done online check in. Assuming you catch the flight, the connection using Bangkok Airways to Chiang Mai is easy.

He has to get to the border, clear Immigration (Malaysian and Thai) and then from the border to Narathiwat. He finishes with the Embassy at 2PM. I say no chance.

How's he going to get to border from the Embassy, how much and how long?

Edited by lkv

Nah. I looked for ages. There's nowhere viable to go from Kota Bharu apart from either SZB or KUL (both in Kuala Lumpur), and SZB (Subang) to KLIA you have to take a taxi it's not very convenient.

26 April there is no way you will do this in 2 flights from Kota Bharu after 14:30, only 3 flights as I described above, only via HKT. Not even Don Muang (DMK) works.

Next day, 2 flights, Kota Bharu - KL -CNX

Or cross the border into Thailand and take either BritTim's suggestion ThaiSmile 16:25 but spend a night in Narathiwat, you won't make it after the Embassy.

So to recap how many flights you need to take:

1. 3 flights on the 26th

2. 2 flights on the 27th from Kota Bharu

3. 1 flight on the 27th from Narathiwat

Another option from Narathiwat is the earlier Thai Air Asia flight at 12:30 pm on the 27th.

Edited by lkv

this may be relevant to others who read through this post, so I'm just going to post it here. I've been trying to find direct flights from Kota Bharu to Thailand, but it seems there are none. At least for tomorrow. What's the fastest way I can get from Kota Bharu to Chiang Mai, considering I will pick up my passport by 2PM and can at the airport by 2:30PM? I don't mind spending money, I just want the fastest method of getting from Kota Bharu -> Chiang Mai tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Private jet. Contact the airport.

this sounds like a decent option, how much, approximately, would I be looking at spending for a flight straight to Chiang Mai?

Never took one from Kota Bharu, and I am also not familiar with the Malaysian prices for private jets, but if I was to take a wild guess, bearing in mind it has to go all the way up north in Thailand and come back empty, I'd say 20-50K USD

But perhaps the numbers are exagerrated, that's why contacting the airport is the best option.

Edited by lkv

Never took one from Kota Bharu, and I am also not familiar with the Malaysian prices for private jets, but if I was to take a wild guess, bearing in mind it has to go all the way up north in Thailand and come back empty, I'd say 20-50K USD

But perhaps the numbers are exagerrated, that's why contacting the airport is the best option.

If looking to charter your own plane, it will definitely be cheaper from Narathawet. However, even a small 5-seater to Chiang Mai must be over 50,000 baht.

@BritTim

http://www.thebigchilli.com/features/bangkoks-private-jet-operator-takes-on-the-world

This is BKK-CNX-BKK 300,000 baht.

“A return flight to Chiang Mai coming back on the same day will cost about 300,000 baht for the whole round trip. If you want to divide it by seat then the trip would cost 50,000 baht per person on the smallest six-seater aircraft. If the passenger wants to return on the next day the cost will increase by about 50,000 baht. “

@BritTim

http://www.thebigchilli.com/features/bangkoks-private-jet-operator-takes-on-the-world

This is BKK-CNX-BKK 300,000 baht.

“A return flight to Chiang Mai coming back on the same day will cost about 300,000 baht for the whole round trip. If you want to divide it by seat then the trip would cost 50,000 baht per person on the smallest six-seater aircraft. If the passenger wants to return on the next day the cost will increase by about 50,000 baht. “

For company senior executives, Mjets is a fine organization with the highest level of service. They are very expensive. For private individuals looking for an expensive, but not outrageously priced option, it makes sense to contact people like Sriracha Aviation (http://www.sravia.co.th/main.php?action=about). Their basic rate will be under 10,000 baht an hour (including fuel and pilot, but excluding airport landing fees). You are talking a lot of hours though as they must get down to Narathiwat, probably make a refueling stop on the way to Chiang Mai, and also charge for the return to Sriracha. I think under 100,000 baht but over 50,000.

• Like 1

You can go from KL to Chiang Mai tomorrow afternoon on Air Asia ( http://www.airasia.com/sg/en/home.page?cid=1 ) direct.

Plenty of choices to go from Kota Bahru to KL today or tomorrow on AA.

You can also go from KL to DMK on Air Asia. Then look for flights to CNX from DMK.

Just looking at some options you could go from Kota Bharu this afternoon/evening to KL and then to DMK and then take an early flight tomorrow to CNX.

You can go from KL to Chiang Mai tomorrow afternoon on Air Asia ( http://www.airasia.com/sg/en/home.page?cid=1 ) direct.

You can also go from KL to DMK on Air Asia. Then look for flights to CNX from DMK.

Just looking at some options you could go from Kota Bharu this afternoon/evening to KL and then to DMK and then take an early flight tomorrow to CNX.

Correct. I saw the KBR-KL-DMK-CNX but it involves 3 flights and the OP gets to CNX tomorrow morning, has to spend the night in Bangkok.

KBR-KUL-HKT-CNX gets him into Chiang Mai tonight at 10 PM (also 3 flights).

As for tomorrow, he can do 2 flights, KBR-KUL and KUL-CNX.

Edited by lkv

Wow that was a close call, she asked me for my bank statement once I got there, told her I have more than 20K baht in my bag, she still insisted on the bank statement, so I logged into online banking and showed her that. After about 20 minutes, I got my passport with the tourist visa. She said I will have to provide bank statements and cash once I land wherever I will be landing. So hopefully I am in Chiang Mai by tonight. (yn)

• Like 1

Correct. I saw the KBR-KL-DMK-CNX but it involves 3 flights and the OP gets to CNX tomorrow morning, has to spend the night in Bangkok.

KBR-KUL-HKT-CNX gets him into Chiang Mai tonight at 10 PM (also 3 flights).

As for tomorrow, he can do 2 flights, KBR-KUL and KUL-CNX.

Flying through Phuket seems like a good option. However,I have a slightly queasy feeling about it. Phuket can be a problematic airport for clearing immigration if they can find any excuse to deny entry. I think everything should be OK, but I would avoid Phuket if I had another good option.

Edited by BritTim

It seems the consular officer noticed your denial of entry for lack of financial proof. It was good you could show your bank account info.

I would avoid the Phuket entry. As said they can be a problem. You also might want to avoid entering at Chiang Mai. KL to DMK and then Chiang Mai is what I would suggest.

If denied entry again your tourist visa would still be valid. Having the equivalent of 20k baht in another currency is acceptable. It might be wise to try and do printout of your bank account info also.

Sorry for all the posts but my flight out of Kota Bhuri has just been delayed by an hour. So I am to arrive in KL at 18:10 local time. And I guess I'm drawing dead to flights to cnx at that point.. Im thinking of flying into Bangkok and just taking train to chiang Mai.

It seems the consular officer noticed your denial of entry for lack of financial proof. It was good you could show your bank account info.

I would avoid the Phuket entry. As said they can be a problem. You also might want to avoid entering at Chiang Mai. KL to DMK and then Chiang Mai is what I would suggest.

If denied entry again your tourist visa would still be valid. Having the equivalent of 20k baht in another currency is acceptable. It might be wise to try and do printout of your bank account info also.

Is it possible to get a printout at the airport?

Is it possible to get a printout at the airport?

Most large airports have an internet cafe At one time there might of been several but not sure about now.

OP is likely to be on MH1397 that got delayed and will land in about 10 minutes. At about 17:45 local time.

It was wise not to book connections, he would have lost them.

Edited by lkv

He might make the 10 o'clock train. He can get on it at the Don Mueang station that is on the other side of road from the airport. I would guess it would be 10:30 or later when it gets there.

He would have to be extremely lucky to land, run to immigration, get through down and over to the train. I expect him to be given a little bit of an extended look at DMK immigration - then let through.... but not in time to run to catch the train (especially if you don't know where it is exactly).