Inside the Thai sex scene where women are sold like meat

ezzra

Inside the Aussie Sex Scene where Women are Women are Sold Like Meat:

US sailors wear out sex workers

Perth

May 2 2002

Perth prostitutes were reeling from exhaustion following an influx of United States sailors stressed from a stint in a war zone, a well-known madam said today.

Mary-Anne Kenworthy said she was forced to close the doors of her famous Langtrees brothel for only the third time ever yesterday because her prostitutes were so worn out they could no longer provide a quality service.

When she realised the sex workers just couldn't cope any more she closed Langtrees doors for a day rather than risk the brothel's reputation.

"We're the biggest and the best, I'd rather take nothing than offer a poor service," Ms Kenworthy said.

Langtrees did a week's business in just three days after 5,500 American sailors disembarked in Fremantle on Sunday, many of them stressed from their encounter with war, she said.

Three US warships - the aircraft carrier USS John C Stennis, the guided missile cruiser USS Port Royal and the fast combat support ship USS Bridge - were returning from taking part in the war against terror.

"A lot of it was stress, they'd been in the war zone," Ms Kenworthy said.

"And they were a lot more agitated sexually because they'd been at sea too long.

"All the sex workers in Perth would have been exhausted."

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/05/02/1019441406441.html

You can't make something like that up. Thanks for the laugh.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladyboys are the new meat on the street. To tell the difference these days is becoming near impossible. Most men don't care anymore as long as they enjoy. But sadly the Issan girl is being replaced by Burmese. Free lancers has also gone south. If your coming for some fun try your local nightclubs where you'll meet normal girls looking for fun too. The good old days has got to sleazy in tourist spots. Theres no romance, just one nighters now.

I believe that there's a huge difference between "ladyboys" and "lady boys." You can find them already at primary schools and plenty of them at high schools.Acting like a girl, which is what they would like to be.

It took quite a long time for me toi understand the Thai thinking regarding ladyboys. Let's take a family with three kids and when one turns out to be a ladyboy, the family doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Many of them believe that this "ladyboy" had been a woman in her life before who had sex with many men.

That's why she reincarnated as a ladyboy. I didn't make this up, but heard that from parents who have a ladyboy in the family.

I had a good ladyboy friend ( no sex, she's just a friend) who had a karaoke shop in Sisaket about 12 years ago. She, and i use the article "she" for her, because she'd invested a lot of money and time to look like a real woman.

And she also believed that she was a woman. born in the wrong body. People said that she had several operations, but I don't know if that's true.

Taking hormones to have real boobs, etc...spending a lot of money for nice clothes made her to a really good looking girl and not too many knew who she really was. Some women were really jealous because most men looked after her not after the real women.

But when she went to Pattaya to work in one of these bars, she couldn't cope with this life and started doing drugs. She then disappeared and nobody of her family knows where she is, or even if she's still alive.

Now the lady boys. These are nothing else than some guys who wear women's clothes, just because so many foreigners, but also Thais love to have sex with a third gender.

So whenever i read that some ladyboys robb a foreigner, I already know that some lady boys were active.Just my humble opinion. wai2.gif

"Sold like meat" seems the fatties in the arab sections would be quite expensive if sold by the kilo (such as meat).

Since this story was originally printed in the New York Times and then sucked on by and Aussie rag; it's a good reminder to take the garbage printed in both publications with the same inaccuracies as this 'story'.

Breaking news: The defamated American stated his real estate business is 'going down' as he 'is a tight spot' financially and hopes he can 'lick this problem' before it gets 'spread too far'. Best of luck to the Yankee who committed hanky panky on a street a bit stanky and made the locals cranky.

It's all about money the girls and boys want to earn big money as soon as possible and plenty sexpats willing to pay for the privilege that's just how it is in Thailand and many other poor 3rd world countries

The CLOSEST thing I've ever seen that looked like forced sex was "The Castle" and everyone who has ever visited knows that's a show. That's not to say there aren't places that do force the girls into the sex trade, but Walking Street contains NOTHING BUT WILLING VOLUNTEERS.

Yawn . . .

It's all about money the girls and boys want to earn big money as soon as possible and plenty sexpats willing to pay for the privilege that's just how it is in Thailand and many other poor 3rd world countries

As well as in 2nd and 1st world countries, to varying extents.

I would say 90 percent of the women working in that industry for the sex tourists really like doing what they are doing and are not forced into it. Tell them to give it up and go work on a market stall selling vegetables or work in a shop for next to nothing wages and they will tell you were to go.... Apart from the money they get the night life and all the excitement that goes with it.. so the are going to find it boring doing most other jobs.

The entire world is a sex scene!

Marriage is legal prostitution! If you don't believe it stop giving her everything and watch her run. And how many marriages are monogamous today? None comes to mind.

The proceeds from the oldest profession has developed countries, businesses, fed families, educated populations and more. Sounds good to me.

Sadly, there are sex slaves, but in traveling to 50 countries, living in two in Asia, America, Europe and Central America I never was offered, nor heard about any sex slaves.

All the ladies over the last 45 years seemed pretty content in taking my money including my two ex wives!

I heard more complaints in marriage....

The only time I felt like a piece of meat was working for large Corporations and being married for more than 3 months.

I have never heard a Thai bar girl express her regret at not being able "to get a Thai man." All the ones I know have from 1 to 3 kids by a Thai man. When asked what happened to your husband? The answer is always the same "He found another phuying (woman)". Fathers never contribute anything towards supporting the children who live with the girl's parents back home. That's where most of the money they earn goes. The ones that are pretty enough to work the go go bars are considered the lucky ones.

I make a monthly deposit into Mom's bank account as part of compensating my live-in. The other half goes into the GF's account that will be used to buy rice land. If you wish to consider her a bad person becuase she is a prostitute feel free. If you wish to consider me a bad person because I support prostitution have a go. In summary I will tell you that I like having a live-in GF as opposed to living alone at age 77. I am better off, she is better off, her children are better off and her parents are better off. My deceased Thai wife's sisters and their husbands are better off as they don't have to constantly look after me. I would be in an "assisted living facility" if I were back in the USA. Life in my declining years has definitely taken a turn for the better. With regards to STDs i am sure that this is a problem but I have not known anyone in the last 20 years that has had the clap or anything worse. Live each day as if it will be your last - one day soon one of them will be.

Boring we have all seen it, most been there and done it.

Sold like meat !!stupid statement.

Most are there because they make more money than they can working in a shop or rice fields.

And most enjoy their work too !

Good fun, good money, no hard work !

Totally agree except the part about the whole family of 20 turning up as I had that happen to me in Thailand in 97. I have been told that all Philipino's actually like foreigners but have been warn they will not harm/rob me and the only way to get them to dislike you is your mouth. They don't like criticism of their way of life and their government. Still a little bit like Thailand as it is similar regarding online postings. Do not post any criticism online or the police will come knocking. Bohol and Cebu and even Olongapo or ok places. No crappy rules on immigration like Thailand just once every 2 month visit to immigration takes about 1 hour to get a 2 month extension to your tourist visa at a cost of around $90. You can get Permanent residence for a very reasonable price $600 then only one trip annually to immigration to renew your ID card costs about $30.

Let's be honest, it does go on, and has done for years. But, as someone else pointed out, if they were to uncover the Thai/Thai sex scene, and I am including the boonies, where it is rife, even people living here would be amazed at how big it is.

I live in Chiang Mai and would love someone to inform me where the sex scene is rife here. Once out of Bangkok heading north there is virtually nothing and even in Bangkok it`s no longer any where near as prevalent as it used to be. Pattaya is a different story, the sex scene there has expanded over the years.

The reports regarding the Thai sex scene are wildly exaggerated, they can`t judge the whole of Thailand on Pattaya. In fact the red light districts of central Europe and Australia, a lot of it now legalised in the those countries, is much more prevailing than it is in Thailand and they should be classified as the sex capitals of the world only we hear hardly a mention. Also sex in Thailand is no longer sold on the cheap, probably equal or even more expensive then the prostitutes of Australia and Europe.

I don`t believe that most Thai women sex workers are forced into becoming prostitutes, either sold into it or for economic reasons. I`m sure that if some proper research into this subject is undertaken they will find that the majority go into this voluntary without having to twist their arms to do so.

at least ben gets a mention.

his status as pattaya figure soars.

usual crepe australian ambulance chasing 'journalism'.

I see you are spot on in your reporting skills too.

It was written by an American journalist for an American newspaper.

Did you just read the article for the salacious bits to get your jollies?

at least ben gets a mention.

his status as pattaya figure soars.

usual crepe australian ambulance chasing 'journalism'.

I see you are spot on in your reporting skills too.

It was written by an American journalist for an American newspaper.

Did you just read the article for the salacious bits to get your jollies?

true, i thought i saw a aussie site, my mistake.

salacious usually gives me a laugh.

Archived