loosing interest in the game.

meatboy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INCOMPETANCE? CORUPTION? SPILL CHUCKER?

Mind you I agree, there was one clear pen for handball if you ask me.

But Liverpool were such pants in the second half I doubt it would have made a difference.

Ball to hand i thought. As did the English comentators

Shows it Still boils down to an 'opinion '

Video replay won't change that

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

as they say in thailand if his hand wasnt there it wouldnt have happened.

But Liverpool were such pants in the second half I doubt it would have made a difference.

When Sturridge passes the ball along the floor, and the player handles the ball, I fail to see how it is ball to hand !

If we were playing a team of chimpanzees, fair shout.

When Sturridge passes the ball along the floor, and the player handles the ball, I fail to see how it is ball to hand !

If we were playing a team of chimpanzees, fair shout.

When you have an official stood right behind it, in addition to the ref, and neither of them call it, it simply proves that video refs are just going to be a waste of time and interfere with the game.

^No it doesn't at all, what it proves is that in real time the officials might not have spotted something that might have been an infringement...and with the use of video technology the officials have a 2nd chance (ie. the video review) to view it and make the correct decision.

^No it doesn't at all, what it proves is that in real time the officials might not have spotted something that might have been an infringement...and with the use of video technology the officials have a 2nd chance (ie. the video review) to view it and make the correct decision.

Nonsense, he was staring straight at it and decided it wasn't deliberate.

What do you want, the public voting on refereeing decisions?

What do you want, the public voting on refereeing decisions?

As I say, hard to say it's not deliberate when he lowers his hand towards the ground.

As you say " he was staring straight at it and decided it wasn't deliberate". He made a decision based upon what he saw or thought he saw...and that is why video technology is being introduced.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10192598/video-technology-trials-given-go-ahead-by-ifab-as-football-laws-are-revised

IFAB, which comprises four FIFA members and one member from each of the four British associations, approved a detailed set of protocols for the video technology experiments and agreed they should be conducted for a minimum of two years in order to identify the advantages, disadvantages and worst-case scenarios.

The expectation is not to achieve 100 per cent accuracy in decisions for every single incident, but to avoid clearly incorrect decisions that are pre-defined "game-changing" situations - goals, penalty decisions, direct red card incidents and mistaken identity.

The experiment will involve a video assistant referee having access to video replays during the match and either reviewing an incident on request by the referee, or communicating with the referee proactively about an incident that he/she may have missed.

I sometimes struggle to understand your logic Chic. It's extremely difficult to see everything in the fraction of a second he has to make a decision and he only sees it that once. He decided at that split second it wasn't deliberate but that doesn't mean he was right. It just means that presently his word is final, whether wrong or right but that's going to change.

Oh yeah and those geezers who stand on the goal line are the biggest waste of oxygen on the planet. They add absolutely nothing.

for me it will be a big step forward,was it or wasnt,did it or didnt it,and one thing that will go a long way to help, is off the ball incidents and CHEATING.

who wants to be the TMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably like a lot of others who live in Thailand, I watch at least five Premier League games live every weekend. I've lost count of how many have been spoiled by bad decisions from the officials, but it is far too many. I worry that there is so much money and so much betting in football now, that something murky is going on. The only way to ensure that nothing is amiss, is to take the final decision out of the referee on the field's hands, and make an official who has access to video replays and any other technology the person responsible for the final say in games. There has to be a better way than the present system, because it just isn't working.

Probably like a lot of others who live in Thailand, I watch at least five Premier League games live every weekend. I've lost count of how many have been spoiled by bad decisions from the officials, but it is far too many. I worry that there is so much money and so much betting in football now, that something murky is going on. The only way to ensure that nothing is amiss, is to take the final decision out of the referee on the field's hands, and make an official who has access to video replays and any other technology the person responsible for the final say in games. There has to be a better way than the present system, because it just isn't working.

Suggest you watch a few of the classic games from the 70s and 80s. Think you'll find that there is the same incidence of dodgy decisions but not the same level of fascination with trawling back through the action repeatedly.

I'm no conspiracy theorist and as an ex ref myself (level 3 as was - means local league stuff) and having known a few refs I think I know the type. Part of the joy of officiating is excercising independence; bias is anathema to refs in the UK. They would agree that they get stuff wrong from time to time because of poor viewing positions or just calling it too quickly. Money is of course capable of corrupting but mass corruption just cannot happen with the kind of mentality refs start with. Biased reffing would easily be seen by peers and weeded out.

Call me Mr naive if you like but I just do not believe there are bent refs at the top of the English game. I haven't officiated myself for 30 years but it seems to me that reffing is harder now, as footballers are more skilled at gamesmanship, Yes of course you used to get diving but it seems as though the skills of anticipating and stiimulating challenges are trained-in now and part of game strategy.

They would agree that they get stuff wrong from time to time because of poor viewing positions or just calling it too quickly.

Hence it would be good to give the ref some assistance in getting the decision correct

but it seems to me that reffing is harder now, as footballers are more skilled at gamesmanship,

Hence it would be good to give the ref some assistance in getting the decision correct

Yeah, just get the game played by robots with computers making the decisions.

You never know, with the way gaming is catching on there might be a demand for that in a couple of decades. I don't think it will take over watching real humans kicking a ball about though.

no you haven't.

no you haven't.

Maybe he's not very good at counting.

biggrin.png

You don't need replays to see tossers like Pepe cheating. Clattenburg let him off. Clive Thomas would have given him the two yellows he deserved. The FAs don't back the refs.

Agree with that Chic.Totally limp-wristed by Clatters to ignore the rules of the game. Not bias - just a misguided view of not wanting to spoil a great occasion at a relatively late and critical point (of regular time), I suspect. He had a good game generally but that second yellow that never was got me yelling at the screen.

Hope he gets picked on by Howard Webb when he gets back to referee training, but I doubt it - Webb was another master at taking big decisions based on theatrical principles rather than the rules of the game. Although he had his faults Sargeant Major Dowd was one of the best at taking right decisions not theatrical ones in the teeth of emotional gales, albeit he still seemed to impose a lot of personality on a game. I miss him much more than Webb.

You don't need replays to see tossers like Pepe cheating. Clattenburg let him off. Clive Thomas would have given him the two yellows he deserved. The FAs don't back the refs.

Pepe is nothing short of embarrassing. Clattenberg should have carded him and maybe it would have spared us the rest of his pathetic antics.

Pepe: 1983-2016

31-05-16
pepe425.jpg

REAL Madrid footballer Pepe has been laid to rest following a fatal cheek-brushing in the Champions League final.

The deadly blow was struck by Atletico Madrid fullback Felipe Luis, who gently brushed Pepe on the side of the face and snapped his neck in half.

Pepe was born in agony in Brazil and played in excruciating pain for Maritimo and Porto, before moving in unbearable torment to Madrid in 2007. He made over 300 anguished appearances for Los Merengues, scoring 13 tortured goals.

Real manager Zinedine Zidane said: “No-one suffered more than Pepe. A lesser man would have given up after being repeatedly shot by invisible snipers over the course of his career, but Pepe kept going, even though we could all see how much he was suffering.

“Before our next game, we will observe a minute’s rolling around on the floor.”

Mourners at Pepe’s funeral watched a video montage of his happiest moments, including his headbutt on Thomas Muller, his stamp on Lionel Messi, and his numerous flying assaults on Dani Alves.

Football fan Julian Cook said: “It’s a tragedy, because it means I won’t get to kill him myself.”

Pepe is nothing short of embarrassing. Clattenberg should have carded him and maybe it would have spared us the rest of his pathetic antics.

think if i were a team-mate of pepe i'd have smacked him for being such a bloody embarrassment. he's just awful.

daddy, what did you do when you were a footballer? well son, i won the european cup a couple of times but i'm best remembered for being a totally pathetic play-acting fanny. go watch me on youtube son, honestly, i was genuinely the most embarrassing player in the game. be proud of your old man.

no you haven't.

Maybe he's not very good at counting.

biggrin.png

I must admit, I do prefer it when others do the counting - I find Mr Bojangles is particularly good....post-143770-0-62630500-1465194502_thumb.

Edited by MrMuddle