Chinese tourist killed after speedboat hits jet ski at Koh Larn

webfact

Chinese tourist killed after speedboat hits jet ski at Koh Larn

kola.jpg

CHONBURI:-- An investigation is underway after a Chinese tourist was killed on a jetski off Ta Waen beach on Koh Larn on Monday afternoon.

A twin engined speedboat, Sea Hawks 430, was preparing to depart with passengers from the island when it reared up on a large wave and collided with the jetski rented and driven by Ding Qi, 26, who died.

A Thai man on the back of the jetski, Adisan Feuangkhorn,25, suffered serious injuries and is in hospital after being transferred from Pattaya Memorial to Chonburi.

Danupon Kaewmareuan, 31, a guide on the speedboat said that they were collecting tourists and were about to leave as the driver, known only as "Moo", revved the engine. However, the boat rose up on a high wave and Danupon said it was impossible to see the jetski coming. There was a collision throwing both men on the jetski into the sea.

They were attended by support staff and medics and rushed to Pattaya but Qi succumbed to his injuries while his passenger, a member of the company that rented the jetski, was injured.

Police are investigating the incident and gathering witness statements.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-26

were about to leave as the driver, known only as "Moo", revved the engine. However, the boat rose up on a high wave and Danupon said it was impossible to see the jetski coming ...

Much lost in translation or ....

The deadly mix, full throttle speed boats plus (full throttle) jet ski.

Not that they could enforce some speed limit near the beach for the speed boats.

"Moo" (the pig) want's to demonstrate his power on the throttle.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Chinese tourist dies in jet ski and speedboat crash off Pattaya coast

535_Chinese-Tourist-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 26-year-old Chinese tourist was killed and a Thai instructor injured when his jet ski collided with a speed boat near Koh Larn off the coast of Pattaya.

The tourist man was riding a rented jet ski with a Thai instructor when it crashed into an oncoming boat near Koh Larn, police said.

The tourist identified as Mr Ding Qi died at hospital, while the 25-year-old instructor, Apisarn Fuengkon, was injured.

According to Khaosod, it was unclear who was at fault in the incident.

But the driver of Sea Dream Company’s speedboat Daranai Kamjornklang told Pattaya police that he was taking 18 Chinese tourists from Koh Larn back to Pattaya coast when suddenly the jet ski came on the left and crashed into the speed boat.

Pattaya police chief Pol Col Sukthat Pumpanmuang said police are questioning the boat driver and owner to find out whether it was whose carelessness before the police press any charges.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/161054

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-26

Obviously all blame should be on city hall for allowing this illegal activity to go on.

It’s illegal to drive a jet ski without a license so this should be banned.

In addition there should be someone from marine police on all bigger public beaches to keep an eye on the speed boat drivers. Just about all of them are engaged in reckless driving all the time and should have their licenses revoked, if they have any.

Obviously all blame should be on city hall for allowing this illegal activity to go on.

It’s illegal to drive a jet ski without a license so this should be banned.

In addition there should be someone from marine police on all bigger public beaches to keep an eye on the speed boat drivers. Just about all of them are engaged in reckless driving all the time and should have their licenses revoked, if they have any.

There was a Thai instructor on the back...

But in this instance I have a feeling the speed boat was at fault, I suspect the boat driver saw the oncoming wave and intentionally ran high speed at the wave to thrill his passengers.

Moved from Memorial to Chonbury ? Not a good sign ! They call it the hospital of no return, as it caters to the masses that have no money :( The speedboat drivers are renowned for not looking ahead of their intended course, and I would say that this was the case here.

Those jet skis in Koh Larn are an abomination, in every possible way, and as for thee speed boats, they are on full throttle as soon as they start.

Accidents like this are bound to happen, it's just as predictable as it is crazy and shocking.

Will there one day be a local 'authority' who will dare to do the right thing about it ?

But the driver of Sea Dream Company’s speedboat Daranai Kamjornklang told Pattaya police that he was taking 18 Chinese tourists from Koh Larn back to Pattaya coast when suddenly the jet ski came on the left and crashed into the speed boat.

Not conclusive I know, but in the pic, the damage to the jetski is on the side and I can't see any damage at the front. This would suggest to me that the speedboat hit the jetski.

I am sure the jetski driver had all the safety induction instruction given to him prior to heading out to sea, and as for the inshore speed boat driver safety of the public would have been the first thing on his mind safety safety as he gunned the engine as to rear up the boat

Its illegal to drive a jet ski without a license so this should be banned.

There was a Thai instructor on the back...

But in this instance I have a feeling the speed boat was at fault, I suspect the boat driver saw the oncoming wave and intentionally ran high speed at the wave to thrill his passengers.

Similar incident happened years ago.

Two females speeding/driving up near boats near shore, and just plowed into one. One girl had a chunk of her side tore off..

So, if a speed boat is sitting on shore, picking up a butt load of Chinese passengers and a jetski instructor doesn't know that speed boat might depart?

Anyway..

Dear future jet-ski renters......please mark the number: 332-000217. Stay away from it.

The jet-ski rental probably doesn't have the guts to claim any damage from anyone, so the next renter might have to deal with it.

As soon as they patch up the jet ski the number will be changed.

Dear future jet-ski renters......please mark the number: 332-000217. Stay away from it.

The jet-ski rental probably doesn't have the guts to claim any damage from anyone, so the next renter might have to deal with it.

As soon as they patch up the jet ski the number will be changed.

The number follow the registration and the blue book that comes with the jet ski, same as for cars/mc.

Dont think they can claim a lot of damage as this registration number will make the jet ski at least 26 years old

"Pattaya police chief Pol Col Sukthat Pumpanmuang said police are questioning the boat driver and owner to find out whether it was whose carelessness before the police press any charges."
I resent the use of the term "carelessness". This is not careless it is murderous or suicidal.

Wow.

Shouldn't the boat honk before they depart? In crowded areas?

This was a speed boat, not a ferry...

Moved from Memorial to Chonbury ? Not a good sign ! They call it the hospital of no return, as it caters to the masses that have no money sad.png The speedboat drivers are renowned for not looking ahead of their intended course, and I would say that this was the case here.

Even if he (the speed bot driver) was looking where he was going I doubt he would not see the jetski the over the crest of a big wave.

Wow.

Shouldn't the boat honk before they depart? In crowded areas?

They are the kings of the sea and brake for nobody. The nang ram beach is Sattahip has been spoiled by this, too dangerous to go even for a swim.

The speedboats should be culled to 1/10 of the current. Case in point, the Bali Hai has become a boat ghetto.