Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother

webfact

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful news shows there is some sanity in the judiciary.

So should it be permanently banned under as inconsistent with Thai law? Sure surrogacy is over in Thailand for now.

The woman was a hired to be an incubator vessel. She has no relationship to the child or parental rights. These are facts of human biology and family law.

Nothing to do with attachment developed later or bigoted social justice crusade she decided to do after the fact. What a nightmare for this family.

If the couple have any sense they will stay away from Thailand until the child reaches the age of majority and can visit the Kingdom as an adult under own terms.

Edited by arunsakda

Ok. We understand your point. The child will have a terrible life according to you, now can we move on?

I never said that....I having been trying to say the kid has no mum..My ol' gray cells tells me the kid in later life will want answers, and the answers she gets ain't pretty if the truth is told...

She'll be told that she was so wanted by her loving parents that they asked somebody to help them bring her into the world.

Is that worse than an adopted kid being told their mother didn't want them?

What is the world coming to? Next single men will be able to have babies!

What is the problem?

Do you know Penguins has homosexual behaviors, even necrophilia? The puritanism hid this for nearly one century because of the "bad influence" they could have on human beings...

Probably God made a mistake, oh no it is not possible, so penguins are sinners and the Hell is full of sinners and Penguins...

There is no rational arguments against gays people having babies.

Gays and penguins.

Couldn't it have been the falcon, mighty eagle or the sexy jaguar or puma? Nope, just had to be the penguin.

What is the problem?

Do you know Penguins has homosexual behaviors, even necrophilia? The puritanism hid this for nearly one century because of the "bad influence" they could have on human beings...

Probably God made a mistake, oh no it is not possible, so penguins are sinners and the Hell is full of sinners and Penguins...

Gays and penguins.

Couldn't it have been the falcon, mighty eagle or the sexy jaguar or puma? Nope, just had to be the penguin.

Many, many species actually.

Edited by Jingthing

What is the problem?

Gays and penguins.

Many, many species actually.

I feel much better. Thanks for that.

It was me that announced the good news about Carmen, a week ago. Then i went on holiday for a week. Off internet, (great some of you should try it some time)

I have read sîx pages of this thread, i shall read the others in time.

And as on the other thread the bigotry and anti gay vitriol is mind blowing.

This is a couple who gave up their lives, their work to fight to keep their child. Carmen has been brought up in hotel rooms etc. for the first 15 months of her life.

Now, she will be where she should have been all those months ago - in Valencia surrounded by a big loving family and adored. And living a happy life.

The one e-mail that got my attention a week ago was that "BringCarmenHome" had changed to "CarmenGoingHome".

Shise - made me cry!!! With such joy!!

Before everyone jumps up and down and spends all the money.

She may well appeal. In fact, she has the right to appeal through 2 more courts. They could be here for years.

And don't think for a minute, that this is a done deal as the first court verdict is often overturned.

Not time to break out the shampoo yet.

Will it cost her money to mount appeals?

Depends on if she can the internet or not. She can actually copy an appeal from the internet and change a bit and send in herself. Lawyers normally charge between 10,000 to 50,000 baht to write one if she wants that path. 50,000 is a quite common number

She won't have to worry about paying a lawyer for court appearances, both the Appeals court and the Supreme Court will just confirm Juveniles standpoint without any summons as she has no legal ground to stand on

Edited by MikeyIdea

Her husband didn't even want to keep the child.

She was only in it for the money and her 15 minutes of fame. The couple have brought Carmen up since she was born. The only hindrance was that the surrogate wouldn't sign the paper for Carmen to get her American passport.

Those of you that have not followed this story from the beginning should not comment.

Even the egg donor came forward, who is also the egg donor for their three year old boy.

All these guys have wanted, all along, is to be a normal family with their kids. They didn't need all the publicity and <deleted> that they are facing.

Kudos to them for fighting their fight and finally winning. If i had gone into a surrogacy way of having a child i would have fought too.

^^

That is very immature and just trying to upset Christians. Although I'm not a Christian, to relate God, Joseph and Jesus to two selfish gay men wanting unnaturally to have kids is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Just a bit of art while we wait for the decision to appeal, or not.

For those who want to see more of the wonderful work of this artist, see here:

http://www.advocate.com/current-issue/2016/5/04/identity-through-artivism

The Advocate: What prompted you to create the “No Soy Tu Chiste” campaign?
Arzola: Since I was a teenager, I had been creating art with a purpose.

Considering all the extremist anti-gay bigotry expressed on these threads about this custody case, perhaps Arzola's art can speak to that.

post-37101-0-42470300-1462382453_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

^^

That is very immature and just trying to upset Christians. Although I'm not a Christian, to relate God, Joseph and Jesus to two selfish gay men wanting unnaturally to have kids is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh, puuuuuleeeeeeaze!

^^

Go back to your cave from 1950 .

The bigots and homophobes are never going to accept this story or any other story relating to men loving each other and wanting to raise a family.

I just hope that none of their children come out as gay. Or maybe i do, then we might see a total turnaround of acceptance.

Transam - you are totally off my list of favourites for Poster of the Year this year!!