Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother

webfact

If you want to have children get into a relationship with the opposite sex. If you choose to be in a gay relationship then the natural consequence is that it should be childless. That is the choice you make being gay.

Nonsense.

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Lake and Manuel Santos ... CONGRATULATIONS.

Perhaps it would be best if you don't visit Thailand again with YOUR children.coffee1.gif

The persistence you exhibited is fighting to keep YOUR baby has been very inspiring.

Have a happy life with YOUR happy family. clap2.gif

Next time adopt a baby and don't BUY one

They didn't buy a baby, the gentleman is the biological father of this child.
they paid a woman to make a baby from 2 cells, how is that not buying a baby?

If you want to have children get into a relationship with the opposite sex. If you choose to be in a gay relationship then the natural consequence is that it should be childless. That is the choice you make being gay.

So at what age did you choose to be straight?

What is the world coming to? Next single men will be able to have babies!

What is the problem?

Do you know Penguins has homosexual behaviors, even necrophilia? The puritanism hid this for nearly one century because of the "bad influence" they could have on human beings...

Probably God made a mistake, oh no it is not possible, so penguins are sinners and the Hell is full of sinners and Penguins...

There is no rational arguments against gays people having babies.

Gay penguins can't have babies.

My dog eats cow poo, does that mean it's ok for me to do it?

Sure, if you wanted to, why not?

So at what age did you choose to be straight?

What is "straight"...?

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/straight

straight adjective (SEXUAL PREFERENCE)

(informal) not ​gay

straight noun [C] (SEXUAL PREFERENCE)

(informal) a ​person who is not ​gay

What is the problem?

Do you know Penguins has homosexual behaviors, even necrophilia? The puritanism hid this for nearly one century because of the "bad influence" they could have on human beings...

Probably God made a mistake, oh no it is not possible, so penguins are sinners and the Hell is full of sinners and Penguins...

Something like 8,7 million species on this pathetic planet and homosexual penguins is your argument?

How about this rational argument: two gays can't naturally have babies. Imagine that eh?

The choice they made being gay was to have children.

What is the problem?

Gay penguins can't have babies.

My dog eats cow poo, does that mean it's ok for me to do it?

Sure, if you wanted to, why not?

Or go to KFC and get the human variety in your iced drink.

But they can't.....A blind man wants too see, but he can't..

Yes they can, they have, twice.

Amazing!

All these bigots, who pretend to have the best for the child at heart!

So: here is a child, who will have parents who will love her, care for her, give her (probably) a good life, full of opportunities...and all you have a problem with is "two-dads-no-mom"?

Seriously?

You mean two males? Duh. Why ask such a stupid question. They can adopt when it is legal. In some nations they can legally hire surrogates. Many have children from previous relationships with women. Do they have wombs? Seriously, why ask that unless to BAIT?

But human gay folk cannot sire naturally can they......?

Just answer my question.........yes or no......You know the answer but duck and dive...

But just answer, can gay folk sire....?

Forget about modern day medical inject this and that...Just say yes or no...

No. I will not answer your IDIOTIC question assuming you mean two MALES because your hateful intention is so obvious. You know the answer. Everyone knows the answer. Everyone can also see your intention. Pure BAITING.

My patience has run out with that.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Having a tantrum again?

But they can't.....A blind man wants too see, but he can't..

Let me make it easy for you and just use some slightly different terms: they wanted to raise a kid and give the kid love, opportunities and a good life!

...and they can!

Good for them!

Good for the kid!

End of story!

Good for them.

Shame on all the bigoted dinosaurs here.

Lats time i checked buying and selling humans was you know... like illegal.

It is.

So what has that got to do with anything?

Have you wandered onto the the wrong thread?

There are too many bigoted, oppressive, backward and downright offensive opinions on here to get into yet another debate regarding what I can only see as a positive outcome for common sense and keeping a family unit together....

Congratulations to the Family and to the legal system which avoided bigotry and backwards thinking.

Good for them.

Don't be such a fascist. It's called an opinion. If you don't like something that happens to turn your stomach, then that's your perrogative. Stop forcing your twisted views on others.

Hatred is not an opinion.

So how come you have so many "opinions"?

Amazing!

So: here is a child, who will have parents who will love her, care for her, give her (probably) a good life, full of opportunities...and all you have a problem with is "two-dads-no-mom"?

Seriously?

A human being was created to appease a couple of blokes, and you think that is in a new born best interest... rolleyes.gif

Answer me this, the kid grows up..."Where is my mum".........?

Now what are these two blokes going to reply....Tell me.....

Exactly, not much different from Dr. Frankenstein creating a monster for his own selfish motives.

This is not a normal child, these are not normal men. How on earth could two adult men be so selfish beats me. They should have bought a poodle and dressed it in pink.

They are meddling in the natural law of evolution, if there is such a thing. Shame on them and any other gay couple demanding rights that they are not deserving.

Shame on the people here defending such a perverse situation.

As far as a possible appeal, on what grounds would the appeal be made? Didn't the surrogate woman already make her case, which was lost? So wouldn't there have to be something new to show? So an appeal would most likely lose. But I can see that one benefit of an appeal would be to DRAG this out even longer hoping the parents just get worn down by time and money being stuck in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

Good for them.

Lats time i checked buying and selling humans was you know... like illegal.

It is.

So what has that got to do with anything?

Have you wandered onto the the wrong thread?

So it's different buying/selling fetuses? Because hey, it's only a human when it actually is born right?

As far as a possible appeal, on what grounds would the appeal be made? Didn't the surrogate woman already make her case, which was lost? So wouldn't there have to be something new to show? So an appeal would most likely lose. But I can see that one benefit of an appeal would be to DRAG this out even longer hoping the parents just get worn down by time and money being stuck in Thailand.

So because it's about a gay couple you don't think the woman should be able to appeal? Do you have this same view about anything court related?

Amazing!

Seriously?

A human being was created to appease a couple of blokes, and you think that is in a new born best interest... rolleyes.gif

Let's all just hope, that the times are changing so fast, that this question will never even cross her mind.

And if it does, I have the feeling, that there will be a good answer, provided by two loving parents!

Your first question is pure baiting of course, so I will not honor it with an answer!

Amazing!

Seriously?

Exactly, not much different from Dr. Frankenstein creating a monster for his own selfish motives.

This is not a normal child, these are not normal men. How on earth could two adult men be so selfish beats me. They should have bought a poodle and dressed it in pink.

They are meddling in the natural law of evolution, if there is such a thing. Shame on them and any other gay couple demanding rights that they are not deserving.

Wow!

Just wow!

I would like to tell you, what I think about you- but I like my posting rights!

Let me say this: your post is one of the most @#$%&! up sh1t, I have seen in a long time!

I bet, you call yourself a "good Christina", right?!

There are too many bigoted, oppressive, backward and downright offensive opinions on here to get into yet another debate regarding what I can only see as a positive outcome for common sense and keeping a family unit together....

Congratulations to the Family and to the legal system which avoided bigotry and backwards thinking.

So you think a child being "created" for two blokes is in a child's best interest..?..

I see nothing wrong in planning for an enjoying a happy family.... I know many happy couples who've 'created' a family (IVF), usually more conventional as Husband and Wife...

Having read the media reports and interviews I have no doubt that the Childs best interest will always be closest to the hearts of her parents.

The only issue I foresee is when bigoted opinions are forced upon the family - This is not the fault of the happy family, but the fault of those few in society who have lacked social development, remained stuck in the past and feel the need to force their opinions on an innocent family who are causing no harm to anyone else.

Of course - this debate is just that, a debate on an anonymous internet forum:

Transom: You are a respected member of TV.com and I have enjoyed many of your posts in the past - In fact I remember received a verbal bo!!oking from you regarding a tasteless comment I made a few years ago. It rather surprises me that you are not more open minded about this topic.

Its perfectly acceptable to be a motor-head and also tolerate things which may otherwise conflict with the motor-head stereotype !! rolleyes.gif

It is clear that this child will grow up in a very loving environment - many children around the World would clearly be very lucky to be given the chance to grow up in such a family.

This topic is re-hashing old arguments heavily debated in this linked thread below.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/905172-gay-parents-fight-for-custody-with-surrogate-in-thailand/

So you think a child being "created" for two blokes is in a child's best interest..?..

I see nothing wrong in planning for an enjoying a happy family.... I know many happy couples who've 'created' a family (IVF), usually more conventional as Husband and Wife...

Having read the media reports and interviews I have no doubt that the Childs best interest will always be closest to the hearts of her parents.

The only issue I foresee is when bigoted opinions are forced upon the family - This is not the fault of the happy family, but the fault of those few in society who have lacked social development, remained stuck in the past and feel the need to force their opinions on an innocent family who are causing no harm to anyone else.

Transom: You are a respected member of TV.com and I have enjoyed many of your posts in the past - In fact I remember received a verbal bo!!oking from you regarding a tasteless comment I made a few years ago. It rather surprises me that you are not more open minded about this topic.

Its perfectly acceptable to be a motor-head and also tolerate things which may otherwise conflict with the motor-head stereotype !! rolleyes.gif

It is clear that this child will grow up in a very loving environment - many children around the World would clearly be very lucky to be given the chance to grow up in such a family.

This topic is re-hashing old arguments heavily debated in this linked thread below.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/905172-gay-parents-fight-for-custody-with-surrogate-in-thailand/

Biology is quite simple and so is evolution for that matter. I'm pretty sure nature knows better than "socially developed societies". In the so called "socially developed societies" you now have really brain dead stuff like "none binary flowergenders".

A truly sickening result obtained through a legal loophole. Fortunately this practice is now illegal in Thailand so we won't be seeing this again.

It's just not that... it's quite bizarre that some countries in the world, and posters on TV, openly condone buying/selling humans.

Amazing!

Seriously?

Wow!

Just wow!

I would like to tell you, what I think about you- but I like my posting rights!

Let me say this: your post is one of the most @#$%&! up sh1t, I have seen in a long time!

I bet, you call yourself a "good Christina", right?!

Send me a PM if you actually do want to, which I doubt you will.

Do you mean Christian? I'm certainly not a Christian, what has that got to do with anything?

Are you seriously saying that you believe these men created this child thinking of the well-being of the child? Don't make me laugh.

You are low in my opinion for not saying what you want or what you believe. Seems to be an increasing fad to be scareed to say what one means these days due to all the PC crap. Bloody coward.

I post on a topic like this because I think 100% about a babe/kid...In this case created for a couple of blokes, no thought or the babe or a mum....If folk think I am wrong, so be it, but l remember my mum telling me l used to bite her boobs more than feed, made me laugh but it told me how the bond was a crucial thing in my early years until she died....

For this child in future years questions will be asked, yeh they can tell lies but they may say.."We paid some bird to create you cos we don't like women"...That is devastating.

It's sad that so many people on this planet don't anymore understand how strong and unbreakable the chains between a mother and her child is...

Send me a PM if you actually do want to, which I doubt you will.

Do you mean Christian? I'm certainly not a Christian, what has that got to do with anything?

Are you seriously saying that you believe these men created this child thinking of the well-being of the child? Don't make me laugh.

You are low in my opinion for not saying what you want or what you believe. Seems to be an increasing fad to be scareed to say what one means these days due to all the PC crap. Bloody coward.

Sorry, I meant Christian- but I guess, there are other words, way better to describe, what you are!

I actually believe, these guys wanted to have a child to have a fulfilled life, like so many heterosexual couples do.

And as much (or little) as these couples have the well- being of the child in their heart, so have these guys.

I will not send you a PM, but I will say you are a vile, evil person with little to no empathy and you are a bigot!

'nuff said!

Amazing!

Seriously?

Let's all just hope, that the times are changing so fast, that this question will never even cross her mind.

And if it does, I have the feeling, that there will be a good answer, provided by two loving parents!

Your first question is pure baiting of course, so I will not honor it with an answer!

Why do folk keep saying I am baiting when I am putting a serious question forward....?

I believe because folk have trouble answering the question with honesty...

If YOU think a kid growing up will not ask "Where is my mum" then you are daft....Gawd....

Yep, just questions.

Like Cliven Bundy did, when he was putting the question out, if "the negro" wasn't better off as a slave!

Not saying- just asking questions, right?!