Two Women and a Man Thrown From Saleng Sidecar in Pattaya Crash

webfact

As far as I know all these saleng contraptions are illegal and should not be on the roads. There are only 1 or 2 factory made side car motorcycles that have been approved and that can be legally registred.

I guess that the owners of all these salengs must remove the side car when they do their anual inspection, or just pay a "service fee" to the inspector?

Are you sure about these "legal" sidecars----- I wanted to buy one a few yrs ago and was told no-one makes them cos they are ALL illegal

Small 'factory' south bound railway track road (east side) just before the Soi Siam Country Club crossroads.

I know in some countries the law states that it is the responsibility of the person behind to stop in time. If there is a rear end crash it will almost always be the responsibility of the driver behind. (There could be an exception if it is proven that the front driver did it on purpose).

Is that the same in Thailand? In which case it is the fault of the Vios?

Unsure how this applies when rear-ending a non-street-legal car tho :)

Just a question, do the RTP have any first aid training?

I've never seen a picture of a Thai police officer administering first aid, stopping bleeding etc. They just seem to wait for the tattooed geeks in the souped up EMS pick ups to turn up while the victims bleed to death on the road.

A fair question. One would hope so.

However, in this specific case, the three persons lying down seem to be in the "recovery position" already, and beyond that first aid training taught me that unless there is an emergency (like the need to stop an intense bleeding or to administer cardiac massage), one should not touch a crash victim until the proper medics arrive. So I hope they were fine.