The Last Question About The New Visa Rule?

Count it from Oct 1? Or count it from the first visa run you did after Oct 1?

I don't know that anybody could say 100% for sure. It stands to reason that the days counter starts with one's first entry after 01 Oct, but as always, TIT. :o

Came back to BKK from weekend trip to Yangon. This was 5th trip into BKK new airport since Oct 1. Still no marker or highlighter whatsoever on my visa stamps in or out. So far still have not gotten the highlighter thing that members talk about.

Are you on a multi-entry Visa or simply getting 30 day "exempt" stamps? From what's been said, it does make a difference.

When I did my visa run last month, I asked the very same question to the guy who runs the thaivisarun company.

"It will be counted from your first entry after Oct 1, but still it is fully up to the police", he said

I tried 2 visa run Companies so far, ThaiVisaRun Company from Ekkamai and another one, called ThaiVisaService from On-Nut. Both are honest and knowledgeable.

Came back to BKK from weekend trip to Yangon. This was 5th trip into BKK new airport since Oct 1. Still no marker or highlighter whatsoever on my visa stamps in or out. So far still have not gotten the highlighter thing that members talk about.

Are you on a multi-entry Visa or simply getting 30 day "exempt" stamps? From what's been said, it does make a difference.

As a Filipino I am also exempted to still apply for a visa for coming to Bangkok, but just want to be sure what should I still need when I arrived there...hope u could help me... :o

When I did my visa run last month, I asked the very same question to the guy who runs the thaivisarun company.

"It will be counted from your first entry after Oct 1, but still it is fully up to the police", he said

I tried 2 visa run Companies so far, ThaiVisaRun Company from Ekkamai and another one, called ThaiVisaService from On-Nut. Both are honest and knowledgeable.

I was wondering what business these companies would be doing next year?

Count it from Oct 1? Or count it from the first visa run you did after Oct 1?

Information as I have it after Asking the Immigration officials upon exiting Bangkok (via Suvanabumi Airport). All Days Count only From 01-Oct-06, further clarified that days from before the 1st Oct, will not be counted.

Another clarification provided was that they will count the exact number of days in country for the last 180 (since Oct 1st 06), not the number of stamps and take each one as 30 days (which was my previous fear as I was leaving the kingdom for the 3rd time in about 45 days to re-enter for the 3rd time in about 55 days).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly different note, I am wondering if anyone can provide any further insight as to what its best to do in my current situation.

I am a consultant within the oil industry working Throughout the Middle East, Asia, Australasia and sometime Europe (but not in Thailand).

As many others, Bangkok is where I have chosen to live. I am 30 years Old, Not Married.

I Work approximately 5 months of the year in broken spells, i.e. about 2-4 weeks working with 2-6 weeks break (Generally Spent in Thailand).

The simple VOA no longer appears to favor those in my situation.

I would be grateful for any information, ideas from those in my situation or those who understand it.

In advance, thank you for your comments.

Another clarification provided was that they will count the exact number of days in country for the last 180 (since Oct 1st 06), not the number of stamps and take each one as 30 days (which was my previous fear as I was leaving the kingdom for the 3rd time

The above paragraph does not make sense to me. The items in my bold say they are counting days, as they have always said. But then you say "take each one (stamp) as 30 days" which would indicate you believe they will be counting stamps.

Another clarification provided was that they will count the exact number of days in country for the last 180 (since Oct 1st 06), not the number of stamps and take each one as 30 days (which was my previous fear as I was leaving the kingdom for the 3rd time

The above paragraph does not make sense to me. The items in my bold say they are counting days, as they have always said. But then you say "take each one (stamp) as 30 days" which would indicate you believe they will be counting stamps.

Another clarification provided was that they will count the exact number of days in country for the last 180 (since Oct 1st 06), not[/b] the number of stamps and take each one as 30 days (which was my previous fear as I was leaving the kingdom for the 3rd time

Not wishing to appear impolite, but you may have let your foot off the clutch a little prematurely there.... I did Put a 'Not' in there to indicate that they are counting days and not the number of stamps. I hope this has cleared up for everyone that as far as I have been told (by whom I would hope is a reliable source of information) they are only counting days..

You should not have any problem continuing with the entry without visa intermixed with tourist visas; when you expect to be here for the longer periods. That should keep the entry without visa total below 90 for any 180 day period.

I took your post to mean that they had confirmed your previous fear as you mention entering for the 3rd time shortly and then asked for advise on what to do. Glad you got the same word others have received as people became worried when they started to highlight the number of each entry on some passports - believe that is probably to help them find what they need to count.