Physical presence at Immigration and elsewhere

Number of threads on TV about this. It appears that physical presence at Immigration or Government Offices of persons, wives, children, sponsors has become pretty much mandatory for all applications for permits, visas etc. My wife used to go the DLT and get me a new IDP if I was not here. She even renewed my retirement extension without me being there. Not now.

Pay something between 10-20k to a lawyer and you don't have to be present on any extension application.

Or the person who takes care of the companies extension and WPs happens to be an ex immigration offical who held quite a high rank and the formalites are walked through very quickly without a presence being required except every couple of years when they wish to check the passport, work permit and the physical person are the same smiling mug in the photos and ones presence is required for a period of about 30 minutes...smile for the nice lady Captain behind the desk and your done for a few more years

Edited by Koosdedooes

I think times are a-changing! It may simply be that Immigration and other Departments have discovered photography. You clearly cannot take a mug shot of someone who is not there. 90 days is obviously different as you can do it online (well theoretically) and does not involve a payment!

just my 5 stang worth ,

by coming here on thaivisa,telling the world about what you getaway with,

I'm sure Thai Immigration,reads Thaivisa, so I don't think you will get away with this next time.

What is one getting away with ?....if they want me there, i go, if i am not required i dont go...its their call not mine, i couldnt care less...sit in an immigration office once a year for a few hours if i had to, so what ....i still get paid the same money.