driving liscence

drakoanders

Took a friend to the DMV on Wednesday afternoon. He had a yellow book instead of the residence certificate plus he had a medical certificate. We got there at 3:00 PM and he waited in a few lines and was done by 3:30. I think he said he paid 205 Baht plus 10 Baht for the driver's license sleeve. At least on that day it was pretty much in and out during the middle of the afternoon. I don't think I saw more than 20 people hanging around on the 2nd floor not including employees.

Have to do the 5 years renewal end of this month. I have a yellow tabien baan with Bangkok address as well as that pink ID card. Will try the latter first, then the yellow book, if they still insist on the residence cert, well, that can be done as well

Anyone tried to get a CNX DL with a registered address elsewhere? I know some went to Lamphun, but that belongs to CNX immigration area. For Thais it should be no problem as they can be registered anywhere.

^Renewed my 5 year licence recently in Chiang mai .I live in Chiang Mai and showed my yellow house book .No health cert asked for .Also needed to bring my old licence plus Passport and photocopy .No photo required as they take it .

Residency certificate, medical certificate, valid UK/US/Aus drivers license (must be in English), photocopies of your passport pages and appropriate form.

With that you do a color blindness test and nothing more to get the license other than pay for the 2 year fee (and before every other person says it's one year, they changed the rules last year, prelim is now 2 years).

>>With that you do a color blindness test and nothing more to get the license <<.......Also there is a reaction test .Fail it ,and you just repeat till successful .

>>With that you do a color blindness test and nothing more to get the license <<.......Also there is a reaction test .Fail it ,and you just repeat till successful .

4 February this year I got my Thai license, NO reaction test, DLT Hang Dong office.

DLT Mae Tang I didnt even have to do the colour blindness test...however a few weeks later I took a friend to go get his licence and he only had to do the colour test.

Depends on the day, who is there and what way the wind is blowing.

4 February this year I got my Thai license, NO reaction test, DLT Hang Dong office.

Same place 3 weeks ago i had to do it .As said depends on the day .