Got blacklisted and need help.

"What can I do to return to Thailand?"

Change of name and new passport. Illegal entry.

Otherwise find a job in Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos?

I have a new passport with a new passport number but same name . Can that help?

No. Your name is on a blacklist. The computer will recognize your name, then officials will open the file and your picture and other details will spring out. You will be detained if you try entering the country.

Change the name and the computer will not "see" you.

My friend was blacklisted for life a couple of years ago.

Last November he came back after changing his name and with a new passport in his new name. At immigration he was arrested immediately and had to buy a new ticket to fly back to the UK within hours. He had a flight booked to Cambodia a couple of weeks later but they would not let him use that.

I thought of changing my name and returning to Thailand but it seems like that is not a good option .

Suggest you read some good advice above johnatong to mention one. Your options to reenter legally before ban is done are almost zero. Also would use money you may not have, given you were teaching. You could do some of the suggestions re teaching in neighbouring countries. There are so many teachers needed in places like Vietnam etc. Also from the ones I have encounted the goal posts are very wide.

Flights are not that expensive and your gf could visit when suitable. Forget about los for time being

• Like 2

Last November he came back after changing his name and with a new passport in his new name. At immigration he was arrested immediately and had to buy a new ticket to fly back to the UK within hours. He had a flight booked to Cambodia a couple of weeks later but they would not let him use that.

I thought of changing my name and returning to Thailand but it seems like that is not a good option .

They have photo recognition technology these days , you would have to change your face as well as your name

• Like 1

They have photo recognition technology these days , you would have to change your face as well as your name

I did not think they had the technology in place yet, but maybe they do. Facial recognition search can process around 30 million (or more) faces per second now.... and if they are only searching against the "banned list" I guess it is possible. Expert application of makeup before having your passport photo taken though would all that is necessary to fool the technology (unlikely they are using the logitech camera pictures).....

He was actually pretty lucky that he was "allowed" to leave though.... I suspect that they could have arrested him on criminal charges at that point since the person would have known he was banned and attempted to thwart the ban and enter illegally.

Isn’t it more likely that the new passport number is linked to the old one?

Changing your name does not break the link, so when they enter your new passport number, they’ll get a list of any old passport numbers issued for this person, and there they’ll see that one of them has been banned.

Changing name do break the link between old name and new name.

The passport nr is not linked between the two names.

Is this based on your own experience of changing names ?

Do you have knowledge of what data is contained in the chip of Biometric Passports ?

Seems there are a two unknowns here:

1. Is there a database where it would be possible to lookup a passport number and see any previous passport numbers issued to this identity (and/or is this history already in the biometric chip)?

2. Does the Thai immigration system use passport number as database key?

The answer to the first one is unclear, but I do see a few people (on the internet) indicate that history is indeed available for some passports.

The answer to the last one seems to be no. The database key seems to be name + date of birth. This would make sense if the system was designed before globally interconnected computers.

Given the latter, a name change would seem to give you a new immigration history.

Changing name do break the link between old name and new name.

The passport nr is not linked between the two names.

Is this based on your own experience of changing names ?

Do you have knowledge of what data is contained in the chip of Biometric Passports ?

The chip, in my country, only contains name, date of birth and place of birth plus fingerprint and your passport picture. Thats it.

Im from the EU by the way.

There seem to be a whole lot of people on this forum, and other forums, that always refer to biometrics and that it should be a dead giveaway when people talk about changing their name by deed poll.

But all the biometrics does is to compare your picture stored in the chip with the picture taken when going through the immigration.

There seem to be a whole lot of people on this forum, and other forums, that always refer to biometrics and that it should be a dead giveaway when people talk about changing their name by deed poll.

But all the biometrics does is to compare your picture stored in the chip with the picture taken when going through the immigration.

Please list the content of a biometric chip in a passport including links to your reliable source(s) of definitive information.

Please list the content of a biometric chip in a passport including links to your reliable source(s) of definitive information.

I dont want to mention what country I am from so I cant do that.

However, I can tell you that I am from a country where privacy is highly regulated and the information on what is stored on the actual chip (in my country) is publicly available.

However, I can tell you that I am from a country where privacy is highly regulated and the information on what is stored on the actual chip (in my country) is publicly available.

If the content of your countries biometric chip is "publicly available" there can be no reason for refusing to supply a link to that information.

"Publicly available" means available to anyone !

The chip, in my country, only contains name, date of birth and place of birth plus fingerprint and your passport picture. Thats it.

The EU is not a country.

Not all member states of the EU store the same information on the chip (but all member states store a digital image of the passport holder's face)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

I think you misunderstand what is implied.

If immigration have a list of banned people, and for these banned people, they have picture, retina scan, and/or fingerprint, then when you enter Thailand, they can check your biometrics (either obtained at the spot or read from your passport’s chip) against their database, and even if you changed your name, they would still be able to find your previous record.

That said, it would be a lot easier if they could look up your current passport number and get a list of any previous passport numbers associated with it. I assume that countries generally keep a log of what passports they have issued to each person which is either keyed on an identification number or “given name” (rather than current name), so it would be trivial to make such information available.

Of course I might be naive in thinking that such data is actually available to the Thai immigration authorities, so they are left with name, date of birth, and nationality as their database key, but could still attempt a facial/retinal/fingerprint recognition against their blacklist for everyone entering Thailand.

If the content of your countries biometric chip is "publicly available" there can be no reason for refusing to supply a link to that information.

sexbomb did not say that the information stored on the chip is publicly available. He said that that the information about what – ie what type of information – is stored is available to the public.

What part of "I dont want to disclose what country I am from" dont you understand?

Anyhow, the info on what data is stored on the chip is available if you search for it

I dont know if it is exactly the same for every country.

sexbomb did not say that the information stored on the chip is publicly available. He said that that the information about what – ie what type of information – is stored is available to the public.

Information on the chip....

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%205.20.2

• Like 2

If the old name is not on the first blank page following the personal details page, it is unlikely to be included in optional fields in the passport. The easiest way to match using facial rec is the pictures in the passport (old and new; or fingerprints if they exist and are used) since it is going to be the clearest neutral pictures. The logitech camera takes a picture, but rarely to they work as hard at making sure it is a neutral picture. There are systems that can do facial rec quick enough to scan through all the banned individuals while you are standing there.... but it would be very surprising if they were that advanced at the point of entry (rather than later).

It is really a moot point anyway since if there are holes in the process, they will be closed within the first year.... so getting through by playing around would only get your a little while before you were blocked again. Not to mention, if I was immigration... and you were caught entering or in the country after being banned I would charge you with illegal entry (typically a criminal offense; i.e. much more severe than overstaying a visa).

I have searched to see what system Thailand uses, but so far I have not been able to see which one is used here.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

The EU is not a country.

Not all member states of the EU store the same information on the chip (but all member states store a digital image of the passport holder's face)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

Never said that EU was a country.

Merely stating what area I am from since many EU countries have somewhat similar laws and a certain conformity.

The likelihood that different countries store different data on the chip was also mention by me.

There was an article linked in one of the threads in this forum (I cant for the life of me find it now) where a very high-up was interviewed and proclaimed the days of criminals/similar coming back to Thailand were at its end.

This person specifically stated that a misspelled name, or a changed name, cant be detected by the system.

I believe the article was about either implementing facial recognition or if it was fingerprints that was the topic.

I also believe he mentioned Russians and Koreans specifically as major target groups but I think that is irrelevant in this discussion though.

Information on the chip....

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%205.20.2

Not quite. If you post a link to the source of the image you posted, readers may be able to advise you where you have gone wrong.

Currently, the chip has provisions for three features from that list:

– DG 2: Encoded face

– DG 3: Encoded finger(s)

– DG 4: Encoded eye(s)

Of these three features, only the encoded face is currently mandatory on the passport chip for all countries that use the biometric passport. For all Schengen area countries, encoded finger(s) are also mandatory. Other countries have their own individual rules.

Did you get blacklisted after the 20th March deadline?

yes, I got blacklisted just about 3 weeks ago .

-----------------------------------

Congratulations.....If i am right you have the honor of being the first one who has actually admitted to being blacklisted on this forum since the new overstay reules went into rffect on 15 March.

• Like 1

-----------------------------------

Congratulations.....If i am right you have the honor of being the first one who has actually admitted to being blacklisted on this forum since the new overstay reules went into rffect on 15 March.

There were a good few others who were asking questions regarding quite serious over stays and never to be heard from again. Perhaps that are sharing some state provided accommodation in Bangkok without Internet access? ermm.gif

I think I have found the source of the image posted by bkkcanuck8:

http://www.icao.int/publications/Documents/9303_p10_cons_en.pdf

In addition to the encoded face, the text in the machine readable zone (MRZ) is also part of the global minimum requirements. This makes sense.

Edited by Maestro
Changed link to the correct one

I'd be grateful if you could post a copy of the blacklist stamp in your passport, obscuring any personal information (name, passport number, etc) there may be. I would like to add it to my

reference library of passport stamps.