TU student union demands free expression for the sake of true democracy

webfact

One thing I am certain of

Thaksin will never set foot in Thailand again, the UUD will never murder again they are finished.

Plus the probability that Yingluc will see the inside of a cell - a bonus

And maybe Thailand has a bright future with a stable democracy for the first time

In other words, you'll accept any government doing anything so long as its anti-Shinawatra.

The part about "maybe Thailand has a bright future with a stable democracy for the first time" flies in the face of all the junta is doing. But your top priority is the keep out the Shinawatra's, regardless of what the Thai people want. Clearly you don't care about democracy.

that is you opinion I gave mine, it is very obvious that Thaksin creates a division within the country, something he promotes, no matter how I look at it, Thailand would be better off without him.

He is long gone so it's a mute point, you can keep on carrying the flag but you are now in a very tiny minority, the vast majority of people see him for what he really is - some fools just don't see it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin will never set foot in Thailand again, the UUD will never murder again they are finished.

And maybe Thailand has a bright future with a stable democracy for the first time

In other words, you'll accept any government doing anything so long as its anti-Shinawatra.

The part about "maybe Thailand has a bright future with a stable democracy for the first time" flies in the face of all the junta is doing. But your top priority is the keep out the Shinawatra's, regardless of what the Thai people want. Clearly you don't care about democracy.

that is you opinion I gave mine, it is very obvious that Thaksin creates a division within the country, something he promotes, no matter how I look at it, Thailand would be better off without him.

He is long gone so it's a mute point, you can keep on carrying the flag but you are now in a very tiny minority, the vast majority of people see him for what he really is - some fools just don't see it

The divisions in the country existed long before Thaksin, he simply revealed them and consistently won elections by promising the neglected portion of Thailand a little less neglect.

Military rule never heals divisions, it simply uses repression to cover them up.

"no matter how I look at it, Thailand would be better off without him."

In your opinion Thailand is better off without Thaksin, and in your opinion the Thai people shouldn't be allowed democracy if there's a chance he or a party he supports might win the election. In other words, you don't want democracy for Thailand, at least not until the Thai people will vote the way you think they should vote. Do you understand why that makes you an anti-democrat?

If Thaksin and the Shinawatra influence is long gone, then why is the junta so keen on a draft constitution that takes power from elected officials and transfers it to an appointed Senate and counsels?

I'm not carrying a flag for Thaksin, I'm carrying a flag for democracy and against military rule. Some fools just don't see it.

Edited by heybruce

if the path to democracy is not democratic, then you are not really on the path to democracy.

I thought that would be obvious to everyone... whistling.gif

Edited by tbthailand

You are hilarious. Very tiny minority !!! You can't see that his party has been winning the election for the last 15 years and possibly the next election. If it is a very tiny minority, the junta need not fear him or re-jig the charter and will hold the election tomorrow. Stop trolling.

Seems the students don't actually understand democracy in the actual sense and are confusing it with a utopian ideal.

Democracy generally means getting to choose between alternative corrupt political parties subservient to the same powers that be.

It's a show for the masses, free speech is another matter altogether, sometimes tolerated when the hordes are ignorant, other times extinguished by PC.