Name the top country you wish you would have been born into citizenship in other than your own

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does not matter, whatever country it is I would most likely have moved from there as well.

Well there are many advantages to being a native citizen of a place. So I judge your response as: INVALID. 1zgarz5.gif

So, dudes and dudesses, name your ONE top "other" country and reasons if you choose, or be judged INVALID.

Edited by Jingthing

I do think it is a most interesting question. I also think that once the OP has established the answers to the original question it might be expanded. I know there have been threads about "Why did you come to live in Thailand"? and about "Where might be better"?. But the central question of "Where do you really want to live and why" always remains. For many people proximity to family is important; others have less choice because they need to work: others choose to align their life with a partner's family etc.I was born in a place which I love, but I do not want to live there. My profession took me round the world. There were probably too many choices! I chose, decades ago, to live in Thailand because in those days Phuket resembled the South of France and I could work. Not now! I And then, of course, I met my wife and we have our family . I think, now, in a perfect world where I need security for the children, old age hospital care, the sea, wine, good food, would be a return to roots: my perfect locations would be the much underestimated Corsica and Sardinia. But they are useless for the children in spite of family being there. I dislike big cities. The best I know are Venice, Vienna, Liverpool, Lyon , Edinburgh, Tucson, Seville.(There is a surprise in there!) Again I don't want to live in them and not being a citizen of having been born in the country of 4 of them don't have to worry! about it.

I see no-one has chosen Belgium, nor Turkey, nor Portugal. Uruguay was an unusual choice! How about Brunei?

100%.....Genovia.......The weather, food even the language and overall attitude is cool. Not to mention Queen Wilhelmina and her legacy.....read about it on Wikki.

Edited by NickJ

As an American who has for many years worked exclusively in muslim countries I have often responded to people when asked where I am from and said "Me? I'm from Ireland." (Self preservation)

So, I guess the Emerald.

Issan

Issan is a country ?

To some it is...

I choose America

America is not a country.. Their is north and South America. US and Canada are in North America, Mexico, Panama, Brazil etc is South America.

Pedantic rants are INVALID. 1zgarz5.gif

For the purposes of this thread and is commonly understood: America is the United States of America.

British. Although luckily, I had a choice. I'd have hated to be a Johnny Foreigner all my life.

SC

that is the spirit thanks guys oh this is not my post facepalm.gif

Why is your profile picture a woman and you gender male? Just curious.

Don't be curious this is my wife who is going to divorce me

but I will love her forever

Because of all your mundane and pathetic responses, if I was your wife I would divorce you too.

Spain.

I think the reason no one has said Thailand is bc odds are they would be raised with very poor education, have low intellect, and be unable to relate to the rest of the world.

Sounds like many of the members on this forum

Can't believe so many people choosing the frigid Nordic countries. In fact anywhere in Europe. Even Canada has crap winter. Clearly lot of people on TV love snow

Vancouver winter isn't bad.

Vancouver? That is part of China. Just full of Chinese

Can't believe so many people choosing the frigid Nordic countries. In fact anywhere in Europe. Even Canada has crap winter. Clearly lot of people on TV love snow

Vancouver winter isn't bad.

Vancouver? That is part of China. Just full of Chinese

Funny, when I went there I pass through Canadian immigration.

OK Jingthing, what is the running score to date?

I guess you are running some sort of spreadsheet (e.g. Excel) to give you a one push of a button answer?

Edited by lvr181

Pimlico

Pimlico is not a country

a lot of people replying to this thread seem to think they're comedians.......OP asked an interesting question.....

I think he means if you were born again in the same year,what country would you like to have been brought-up in.....

Agreed but what is the point of including my quote? Pimlico is NOT a country and the OP specifically asked "what country"