Health Restaurants in Pattaya?

Hal65

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a raw foods place at Fairtex (Rasayana Spa), North Pattaya Road.

At least I still think it's there:

http://www.fnetravel.com/english/pattayahotels/fairtex-sport-club-and-resort.html

Another specific vegetarian tip: Saras Indian, top of Royal Garden Mall.

Unless you have special needs, I think you can eat fairly "healthy" at many places around town.

For example, places that serve Middle eastern / Mediterranean food.

Just order well.

There isn't much that would cater to people looking for gluten free, vegan, or stuff like that though.

Edited by Jingthing

If by "health" restaurant you intend a place where they don't use MSG and refined sugar in 9 out of 10 dishes they serve even if you ask them not to nor wheat or soy; a place where you can eat organic veg, seeds and sprouts, grass fed animal meat & dairy and free range chicken & eggs I don't think there is any in Pattaya. I think you probably struggle to find one in Bangkok but I'll be more than happy to stand corrected should I have missed it.

My main thing is finding places that go light on the oils or other fats. Sure you can ask for that anywhere, but a friend in the industry says giving off the appearance of pickiness doesn't always go well in the kitchen. I'd rather go to a place that promotes itself as an health oriented establishment.

If by "health" restaurant you intend a place where they don't use MSG and refined sugar in 9 out of 10 dishes they serve even if you ask them not to nor wheat or soy; a place where you can eat organic veg, seeds and sprouts, grass fed animal meat & dairy and free range chicken & eggs I don't think there is any in Pattaya. I think you probably struggle to find one in Bangkok but I'll be more than happy to stand corrected should I have missed it.

Going that over the top is probably just as harmful as unhealthy eating. The preoccupation with trying to eat healthy food all the time is recognised as "Orthorexia Nervosa". It is an eating disorder and not healthy.

You have been warned!

Edited by tropo

Salad Bar at Sizzler

Yes. You still need to show some discretion in what you eat there (you could just pig out on pasta and sauce, and potato salad with salad cream) but it is one of the few places in Pattaya where you can choose from a selection of fairly healthy fresh things for a reasonable price.

The 5 Star Vegetarian Restaurant on corner of Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road is good and tasty even for a normally meat eating person. An Opinion article in a well known English language newspaper has reported that an independent Thai anti-pesticides group has printed a survey showing that even Organic food in Thailand is crammed with pesticides, many of which are banned world-wide. Even with Basil and Chilies they found over 66% had dangerous levels of dangerous pesticides - so your Kapao Gai is a cocktail of antibiotics in the chicken, and pesticides from the white rice, chilli and basil, let alone the MSG and sugar they thrown - enjoy your meal, sir!

Going that over the top is probably just as harmful as unhealthy eating. The preoccupation with trying to eat healthy food all the time is recognised as "Orthorexia Nervosa". It is an eating disorder and not healthy.

You have been warned!

How do bring up a psych diagnosis out of a restaurant recommendation request? Why would you even suggest it?

What symptoms prompted this? As a clinical psychotherapist myself, having assessed and diagnosed over 5,000 patients, I don't see any cause for concern in his post.

Or were you were playing cute new word of the day? It's fun to play with big words, isn't it?

You have been warned!

How do bring up a psych diagnosis out of a restaurant recommendation request? Why would you even suggest it?

What symptoms prompted this? As a clinical psychotherapist myself, having assessed and diagnosed over 5,000 patients, I don't see any cause for concern in his post.

Or were you were playing cute new word of the day? It's fun to play with big words, isn't it?

LOL. It's not a big word and quite easy to understand. You may need some psychotherapy yourself, or just take a chill pill.

At least I gave you a chance to brag about your talents and how many patients you've treated. Everyone can be a hero on an anonymous forum, right?

Having been a "health nut" most of my life I'm aware of the stress it can cause. In Pattaya it would be near impossible for a super health conscious person to survive.

Edited by tropo

Again, I don't think there are any restaurants that have a "full" health conscious menu here at all.

Like a "raw foods" place that focuses on one philosophy ... so that is hardly full.

There are, however, a number of places where you can eat a reasonably healthy meal if you order carefully.

As far as 5 Star J I know they are very conscious about additives such as refined sugar and MSG. But that's not saying their veg food is organic or that everything on the menu is health promoting.

Edited by Jingthing

Ditto on the Sizzler salad bar...194 baht with water and you are out the door...just skip the pasta and most of the soups and you should be just fine...?

I tell them Im having the salad as a main meal and they replace the small salad plate with a big dinner plate. Not everything at the salad buffet os healthy for me…I avoid the potato salad and the creamy sugary dressings….choosing the sesame seed one instead.

I love the edamame bean pods and the pumpkin sale with cashew nuts has got to be my favourite dish there.

The soup is dreadful though….avoid.

Unfortunately , between the pesticides used, hormone treated , MSG and tons of sugar used in Thailand, I doubt you can get a " healthy" meal" . Then take into account the deplorable hygiene !!

There's a new coffee place opposite Memorial , name is Malamute coffee that sells frozen bowls with homebaked granola, fruits and berries. Healthy enough as a meal and you will get full. They also make fresh smoothies. The place is run by a Russian lady.

You have been warned!

You might have forgotten that the food I mentioned in my last post was the general diet for humans until 50-70 years ago and it has been so for millennia.

The term Orthorexia nervosa is used by the food industry shills to point fingers at people who want to eat real food. That's in order to create the perception among the general populace that those people wanting to eat real food are "ill" and that the chemical laden food and gmo food is the right way to go.

That term is getting quite popular in forums now and days and the people who are using it are playing right in the food industry hands. In my view these people fail to realize that it will also be detrimental to themselves and to their own children in the medium to long term.

Rassayana is the best you will find in Pattaya.

Yes Rassayana on North Pattaya Rd...close to 2nd Rd. EXPENSIVE but all raw vegetarian and TASTY.

also way south on Sukhumvit, past Makro and opposite side...Mae Nuu "J" Veg Restaurant. wonderful food and cheap. real Thai food with great menu + a small buffet. they will also cook to order special requests if possible. Inconvenient, but worth the trip. thumbsup.gif

You have been warned!

You might have forgotten that the food I mentioned in my last post was the general diet for humans until 50-70 years ago and it has been so for millennia.

The term Orthorexia nervosa is used by the food industry shills to point fingers at people who want to eat real food. That's in order to create the perception among the general populace that those people wanting to eat real food are "ill" and that the chemical laden food and gmo food is the right way to go.

That term is getting quite popular in forums now and days and the people who are using it are playing right in the food industry hands. In my view these people fail to realize that it will also be detrimental to themselves and to their own children in the medium to long term.

No, it's a real condition when people go over the top. They become highly stressed out about what the consume and actually get nervous about what they put in their mouths. Maybe you have it?

Rassayana is the best you will find in Pattaya.

Yes Rassayana on North Pattaya Rd...close to 2nd Rd. EXPENSIVE but all raw vegetarian and TASTY.

also way south on Sukhumvit, past Makro and opposite side...Mae Nuu "J" Veg Restaurant. wonderful food and cheap. real Thai food with great menu + a small buffet. they will also cook to order special requests if possible. Inconvenient, but worth the trip. thumbsup.gif

That sound interesting and I'll probably give it a go. Thanks for bringing it up!

You have been warned!

No, it's a real condition when people go over the top. They become highly stressed out about what the consume and actually get nervous about what they put in their mouths. Maybe you have it?

You're well off topic with that one!

Ok based on the advice, this is my list:

-- Five Star J on 3rd Rd/S Pattaya Rd

-- Place inside Fairtex Rasayana Spa, N Pattaya Road

-- Rassayana on N Pattaya Rd

It sounds like the five-star place on South Pattaya Road is the best reviewed/most well known. But the furthest away if I wanted to take a soi six girl with me. I guess I'll try them all and see what they're like!

Ok based on the advice, this is my list:
-- Five Star J on 3rd Rd/S Pattaya Rd
-- Rassayana on N Pattaya Rd
It sounds like the five-star place on South Pattaya Road is the best reviewed/most well known. But the furthest away if I wanted to take a soi six girl with me. I guess I'll try them all and see what they're like!

Taking a soi 6 gal to Five Star….hmmmm….well, if she wanted to eat mock meat, surely you can provide some in the room…no need to travel so far.

I'll never eat at 5Star because of the mock meat thing…they make those meats with gluten….absolute murder.

Rasayana is great, although the Bangkok location is just something else. Food in Bkk location seems better when I tried it.