90 days report online and post-office?

Hi, I am now on may 5th and my dates for my 90 day report are as follows

a - My due-date in my passport is 4th of may for my 90 day report

b - I reported 20th april on line

Nothing happened, so I did what I had done in the past a couple of times, I went to the post-office and

c - reported there at the 28th of april

So far today what I can see is:

1 - EMS tracking shows that my letter is delivered to Immigration at the 3rd of may

2 - My online report is still PENDING....

So what shall I do, shall I just skip it and do nothing, or do I have to go to my Immigration and get it done.

Anybody knows what dates and how I shall fix this, in a very best way possible...

My Immigration is Khon Kaen, and they are great in my eyes, but that is when I come there in person, when it comes to online they do what the hell they like,, sometimes OK and fast,,, but most times they just dont get a shit, and it never goes on from pending...

Grateful for your answers...

Glegolo

What a coincidence.

I also entered data on April 20 for Khon Kaen (due date May 4).

I gave up waiting on Tuesday (May 3) and drove to the office.

I cancelled the online application before.

If you have sent EMS then I would not expect the online status changing.

It seems dead for KK for whatever reason.

Cancel it and wait for the return letter (maybe not before next week).

The office was crowded on Tuesday like I have never seen in 5 years.

I got out lucky as the assistant (information desk) took my passport to a desk and I got out quickly.

That's also the reason that I cold not clear what is wrong there.

Thank you so much for your answer!! I will wait than, and hope for the best... But there is no risk that they will "hang me" because i didn´t go up there at latest 10th (7 days after due-date)????

glegolo

Wish I could tell you.

I have no experience with the snail mail method.

Do a printout of the EMS tracking record for the next mandatory visit.

Unfortunately you can not do an additional printout of the pending status now.

I would not do my me the displeasure of going in Tuesday 10.

Probably even worse crowds than this Tuesday.

Edited by KhunBENQ

OK will do as you suggest, print out BOTH online reporting, as well as the post office method...

But snail-mail isn´t that quite hard to say. I have earlier found it to be extremely cheap and extremely fast. Just one day to signing at KK,,,,, and than 2 days, and I have it back stamped in my hands again.

thanks

Glegolo

Just a note about using EMS tracking when mailing in an address update, I mailed my 90 day report in last Friday mid day to Cheang Wattana/Bangkok immigration (my servicing immigration office...online reporting won't work for me since I last entered before 2013....I'm not in their online reporting system). Got back home an hour later...checked EMS status online and it showed accepted date/time matched the date/time on my EMS receipt give at the post office. Cool.

However, there were no more status updates until mid day Tuesday and I checked numerous times Friday through Monday. Now with that update status on mid day Tuesday it showed around a half dozen different lines entries showing the item moving along to it's destination...then Wednesday morning it show it delivered on Tuesday morning. Basically the tracking updates were delayed quite a bit.

Now last weekend was the Labor Day weekend so I'm guess that holiday had some affect on how often they updated their EMS tracking. I've used EMS in the past and never got such delayed udpates...must have been a holiday thing.

Edited by Pib

But snail-mail isn´t that quite hard to say.

Sounds like but not a derogatory comment on EMS.

I use it as a jargon as many misunderstand mail for email nowadays.

"postal mail" would be the right term I guess.

From the WiKi:

Snail mail and smail (from snail + mail)—named after the snail with its slow speed—refers to letters and missives carried by conventional postal delivery services. The phrase refers to the lag-time between dispatch of a letter and its receipt, versus the virtually instantaneous dispatch and delivery of its electronic equivalent, e-mail.

It is also known, more neutrally, as paper mail, postal mail, land mail, or simply mail and post. An earlier term of the same type is surface mail, coined retrospectively after the development of airmail. This happened between the 1970s to 1990s.[1]

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just a note about using EMS tracking when mailing in an address update, I mailed my 90 day report in last Friday mid day to Cheang Wattana/Bangkok immigration (my servicing immigration office...online reporting won't work for me since I last entered before 2013....I'm not in their online reporting system). Got back home an hour later...checked EMS status online and it showed accepted date/time matched the date/time on my EMS receipt give at the post office. Cool.

However, there were no more status updates until mid day Tuesday and I checked numerous times Friday through Monday. Now with that update status on mid day Tuesday it showed around a half dozen different lines entries showing the item moving along to it's destination...then Wednesday morning it show it delivered on Tuesday morning. Basically the tracking updates were delayed quite a bit.

Now last weekend was the Labor Day weekend so I'm guess that holiday had some affect on how often they updated their EMS tracking. I've used EMS in the past and never got such delayed udpates...must have been a holiday thing.

I enter Thailand last time Sept 2011, And i have done online report since i move to Bang Saen (July 2015).

It is Chonburi Immigration that Approved Online report for me, Even so my Immigration office is Si Racha.

Last time take 4-5 hours to get Approved, But other time 1 day.

Only a info so others that enter before 2013, give it a try to see for them self if it work or not.

I have use TM.28 every time i move here in Thailand, So that might be why it work for me, As Immigration might put that infomation into the IT-System ?

Since the online 90 day report became available I have tried dozen upon dozens of times trying many, many different combination of entries....even tried it just a few days ago before mailing off my report...I do that each time now hoping for a miracle I have no problem reaching the site and filling out the first page of data, but when hitting continue to take you to the next page I just get the message saying something along the lines of visit your local immigration office. Generally if your last entry was pre-2013, changed passports (both of which I have done), or their system just has an error in it, a person won't be able to use their online system...can't get pass the first page.

Hopefully whenever in the future I exit and reenter the Thailand it will get my info into their online reporting system...until then it report in person, send another person with your paperwork, and do the mail in thing. Too bad immigration couldn't make their online reporting work for everyone. Oh well...I'm glad it works for some. But yea, folks who have been unsuccessful in using the online system should give it a try...and retry...and retry as one day it might work for them...only takes a few minutes to give it a try.

• Like 1