Are things cheaper outside of Patong?

ev1lchris

OMG I cant believe things in a world recognized tourist area are more expensive than a diverse metropolitan area. I am shocked. Have you written to the TAT about this shocking news? Please go to phuket town and blog about your savings.

I am with you, the double cheeseburgers do not measure up with the ones in the USA. They seem smaller, yet 10 baht more.

I forgot to add, KFC gives me the s$%ts here, but in america, I just don't go. But, if they opened a taco bell here and would accept whatever consequences and plan my days accordingly. Wear socks for wiping if the possibility of an urgent deuce while renewing my non-o at immigration. Worth it.

OMG I cant believe things in a world recognized tourist area are more expensive than a diverse metropolitan area. I am shocked. Have you written to the TAT about this shocking news? Please go to phuket town and blog about your savings.

I am with you, the double cheeseburgers do not measure up with the ones in the USA. They seem smaller, yet 10 baht more.

Thats where the "Double" comes in. Double the price not double the Burger.

I forgot to add, KFC gives me the s$%ts here, but in america, I just don't go. But, if they opened a taco bell here and would accept whatever consequences and plan my days accordingly. Wear socks for wiping if the possibility of an urgent deuce while renewing my non-o at immigration. Worth it.

Epic fail at humour.

The guy asking the question deservered a straight answer.

I thought only idiots would ask this type of dumb question, however, assuming you are neither dumb, or an idiot (it's against the rules to say you are) why not just pop over to Phuket city, and find out, you know, there is life outside Patong, and it's not that bloody far away.

Edited by MediaWatcher

I thought only idiots would ask this type of dumb question, however, assuming you are neither dumb, or an idiot (it's against the rules to say you are) why not just pop over to Phuket city, and find out, you know, there is life outside Patong, and it's not that bloody far away.

Seriously...driving around Phuket to check the price of Big Macs.

It amazes me with all the decent burger joints on the island people are even vaguely interested in a Mc Donalds. Not even worthy of a thread. Facepalm

Big-Mac-Reality_o_49275.jpg

It amazes me with all the decent burger joints on the island people are even vaguely interested in a Mc Donalds. Not even worthy of a thread. Facepalm

Seriously, I don't think the op was solely about burgers, of any kind.

Seriously, I don't think the op was solely about burgers, of any kind.

Seriously maybe that's my fail

The Big Mac index.

http://bigmacindex.org/

How much do the bigmac actually cost (US$) in Patong?

I don't eat that rubbish.

My understanding is the prices listed in the index are the average for the country, so purchasing power can be compared for travel purposes, however, we can use the index to compare prices in Patong / Phuket to elsewhere in Thailand.