Maryvit nursery school/Kindergarten

TobiasML

I have the following issue and I hope somebody can help or advice me.

I decided to enrol my almost 2 year old son in the Maryvit nursery school. Issue is, that they do not provide any transportation at that age.

Due to work me and my wife are not able to bring him and pick him up from the nursery classes.

If you have the same issue, how did you solve it? A friend suggested to try to find a teacher with a car, who has the same schedule then my son or another parent, who would be willing to do the extra trip and share the costs for gas, etc.

Not sure if this would be the right way, but I would be open to anything.

Therefore my questions:

1. Do you know any teachers in the nursery or kindergarten of Maryvit school, who lives near Soi Siam Country Club and who has a car?

2. Do you know any parent with a car, living close to it and might be interested?

3. Do you know of any companies/taxis/private drivers, who would be interested to do the job?

4. Do you have any other suggestions I might not have thought about?

Looking forward to your valuable input.

My 6 year old son attends this school since he was 2 years old.

When he started we had difficulties leaving him there as he wanted to be near his mom, he-he and it was heart breaking to leave him there but I can't off course not say how your son is in this regard.

Is it not possible for one of you to find the time bring/picking him?

I am not sure my son will stay there, his is not happy there, too strict discipline rules and my wife on one orcation raised hell on the school as they were abusing him and hitting him. It went all the way to management level with his teacher crying and my wife very angry. After this incident they haven't done it again and my wife told them that I will talk to them next time and that will not be nice for them which they are well aware of.

Thank you for your comment guzzi850m2. Sadly we di nit have the time as i would love to bring him and pick him up, but we start work to early and come back late. Therefore sadly no options. I know the school is more demanding, but I do not want to enroll him in a school where he is getting good marks handed over just because the teacher shall not fail any student. In regards to hitting my son. I will leave this up to the imagination of the teachers what would happen if they try.

Thank you for your comment guzzi850m2. Sadly we di nit have the time as i would love to bring him and pick him up, but we start work to early and come back late. Therefore sadly no options. I know the school is more demanding, but I do not want to enroll him in a school where he is getting good marks handed over just because the teacher shall not fail any student. In regards to hitting my son. I will leave this up to the imagination of the teachers what would happen if they try.

I suggest that you consider Hastin School, which is on Soi Siam Country Club and it appears to be reasonably close to you. As I recall, they have transportation available, and the school fees and transportation are reasonable. Both of my daughters went to Hastin, and I was very pleased with the quality of the school, and how my kids were treated while at Hastin. They were provided a good foundation for the international school that they now attend. The head of the school, khun Pat, is great (I assume that she is still there; my kids have been away for 2 years). It is a relatively small school, with a very good environment for young children; much better, I think, than Maryvit.

Keep in mind that your son is "almost 2 years old". This is not an age where you should be worried about his getting good marks or a school being demanding. This is a time for interaction with other children, socialization and developing the basics of learning while having fun. Hastin, in my view, provides a very good balance, and my kids were always happy to go to school. Hastin is sufficiently "demanding" for a young child. I feel very fortunate to have found Hastin and enrolled my kids there while they were very young and beginning their schooling.

Archived