If...

sharecropper

Assuming three unlikely things, namely:

1. You're incorruptible

2. You will only act in the best interests of Pattaya or the majority of its citizens, and

3. You won't get murdered for implementing your policies:

What three things would you immediately change or do, if you had sole authority, once the present bunch in City Hall are deposed?

Mine would be:

1. Forensically audit all major Pattaya projects over the past (say) 5 years and prosecute any material financial 'errors', construction 'irregularities' and wrongdoing wherever it was found. (Traffic lights would be my starting point, but there are many inept projects to choose from).

2. Immediately ban coaches from the city centre at night. Let their Connected owners work out a deal with the Baht bus Collective for offloading and transport of rubberneckers into town from somewhere on Sukhumvit.

3. Put all City Hall employees (and the police) on Performance-Related Pay...

Bored are we sharecropper. The powers that be in the LOS know how to stop corruption, how to improve the road toll, etc etc. There are many intelligent people in power here and they dont need telling.So why do farangs insist on writing on here and newspapers everytime there is a road fatality, for example, Absolutely no reason what so ever. Plant a vege garden instead, that will show some results. And breed some chooks. (*sorry vegans)

I would go straight down the land office and seize every chanute in the place. Then I would start investigating who exactly owns what and who are using nominees to do it. And I don't mean just falangs ! This is the money laundering capital of the world. hit-the-fan.gif

Sorry, but it wouldn't pass the 'not getting murdered' condition so I guess I would do nothing.

Bored are we sharecropper. The powers that be in the LOS know how to stop corruption, how to improve the road toll, etc etc. There are many intelligent people in power here and they dont need telling.So why do farangs insist on writing on here and newspapers everytime there is a road fatality, for example, Absolutely no reason what so ever. Plant a vege garden instead, that will show some results. And breed some chooks. (*sorry vegans)

You must be joking, the road toll during the last songkran was the highest EVER, and about the corruption I will not comment as most who stay here long time know the answer.

Anyway, thanks for your response, should I call you general or sergeant?

You must be joking, the road toll during the last songkran was the highest EVER, and about the corruption I will not comment as most who stay here long time know the answer.

Call him anything you like Pollyana, just don't call him late for dinner.

This is indeed a dramatic revelation.

Fieldmarshal. Joking? A 7 year old kid knows that drinking and driving, speeding, no traffic rules etc cause accidents.

Is that why they call it a toll road?

ok...getting my coat....

1. Cull half the Bhat buses... take the worst off the roads, this will be no problem as most of the time 75% are driving round empty or parked outside hotels, shopping malls, etc., trying to fleece tourists.

2. Implement fixed Bus routes and charges, drivers must display a card showing the route they are working and stick to the routes going all the way to where the route terminates.

3. appoint bus inspectors to police them.

Edited by Basil B

1. Cull half the Bhat buses... take the worst off the roads, this will be no problem as most of the time 75% are driving round empty or parked outside hotels, shopping malls, etc., trying to fleece tourists.

2. Implement fixed Bus routes and charges, drivers must display a card showing the route they are working and stick to the routes going all the way to where the route terminates.

And fine empty baht buses that refuse to pick up passengers.

I would close Beach Rd to traffic (allow late truck deliveries after 2AM.), rip out the concrete and make a nice park.

There would be lots of seating areas near restaurants, picnic tables, a bike path, badminton, volleyball and sports areas.

An open air electric "train' that runs along the beach would be free and take you back and forth.

Shuttles going up and down Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai to large parking lots near Sukhumvit.

About every 200 Meters along the beach would be a snack bar, clean restrooms and a chair umbrella rental. (only set up when requested of course)

There would be world class landscaping and maintenance.

A 24/7 patrol of Police Women (not Thai men) and the jet ski scammers, ladyboys, and the pesty beach vendors would be shot on sight.

Vote for me, Mayor of Pattaya in this summers election....

Edited by LarryLindsey

Good plan except for #3.

The police will do what they do best......see an opportunity for a partnership situation....

Good plan except for #3.

The police will do what they do best......see an opportunity for a partnership situation....

Maybe put the Chief of Police and the top brass on performance related pay.

Set them targets on road accidents & crime reduction.