stock fish

jws

If you have a nearby University with an agriculture department...they usually have breeding programs and sell stock from that to local fish farmers.I saw this in a few places in Issan

100% Correct, but the waiting time is sometimes very long. The one in Buriram told us waiting time 2+ months and also no guarantee that you get some.

If you have a nearby University with an agriculture department...they usually have breeding programs and sell stock from that to local fish farmers.I saw this in a few places in Issan

100% Correct, but the waiting time is sometimes very long. The one in Buriram told us waiting time 2+ months and also no guarantee that you get some.

Wow...in Ubon R. right on campus about 3 kilometers from the Aquaculture department test facility, they set up on the roadside and sell to anyone who wants them.

^ same where I live, but that is not (what I know) from government or university "sellers" but private sellers. We (sometimes) also have pickups coming by and selling fish. Mostly standard fish like Plah Nin etc. 100 fish for 150 THB (but only small ones ;))

Visit 2 or 3 of the larger feed stores in your area and ask if they know of a local hatchery or broker. Also, a few years back we ordered fry (small fish) from, a feed store.

For small amounts go to your local morning wet market talk to the folks selling fry.

Contact Nam Sai farms and ask if anyone in you area orders from them and see if you can piggy back an order. They also have a few farms scattered around that are licensed to sell their fish. They will air ship too.

Cheers