Harbor Mall Is Buzzing!

patsfangr

Went today first time, I liked it, nice to see some new eating places.

Looking at the baby lambs made me hungry so took advantage on the great salmon steak prices

Could not find the bar so left, traffic very quiet this afternoon a bonus

Those that say it will be a success have stated their reasons why it will be. The city is changing, the demographics are changing and society is changing. These are all pretty undeniable facts.

Those that say it will fail have offered what reasoning? Their empirical and exhaustive knowledge of Pattaya beer bars that have gone tits up?

If it was a full on super market, like Lotus, would say yes success,

But no just one more boring small mall on the edge of the sukhumvet, will struggle in a few years time. wai2.gif

You moan about traffic at central festival but in a different thread you go to Hooters right on beach road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No moan about traffic from you then !!!!!!!!!!!

And you can dream on about malls, BigC, Lotus, Foodlands over the dark side to the cows come home.

Why build new just for you lot, when they already make you drive to there stores, !!!!!!!! cheesy.gif

Edited by Rimmer
Baiting

Is there anything at Harbor the others don't have or is it just the same old shops?

I didn't see anything exceptionally "new" on the 3 floors that I visited, other than a couple of food places that I haven't seen before. But I'll caveat even that by noting that I haven't done a lot of exploring of Central Festival, so many or all of these may exist there, as well.

As I've said, it's just a smaller, less extravagant, and (for SOME) more convenient alternative to mushing through the Pattaya traffic mess. If you're looking for a special "high end" clothing store, or some specific unusual shop, you probably won't find it at Harbor. At least not yet. As with any mall, it will evolve over time, depending upon the customer volume and demands.

Lots of entertainment/activity stuff on the upper floors - my daughter loves it there. Play zone for smaller kids on the floor with the small food court (5?), trampoline zone (6?) and Harbourland which is a bigger climbing zone with other kids activities (7?). Ice rink due to open September on same floor as food court and loads of other smaller studios scattered around saw Taekwondo and a dance studio but look to be several more.

My daughter also can't get enough of the Korean desert shop (1st/2nd floor?) with the small snow machine in the ceiling - to me it looked rather pathetic and just a small pile of ice but to kids who have never seen snow before it is fascinating.

I'm lost as to why the harbour mall theads are still running...come on guys ....been open since 1 April...enough already ...feel free to visit

No, keep it going as it winds up the miserable 'mall haters'. We should start the T21 mall countdown to opening thread also..

• Like 2

I'm lost as to why the harbour mall theads are still running...come on guys ....been open since 1 April...enough already ...feel free to visit

There's this little box in the upper right hand column that says "Unfollow This Topic". If there's a topic that no longer interests you, just opt out. That's what I do when I tire of any topic.

• Like 1

No, keep it going as it winds up the miserable 'mall haters'. We should start the T21 mall countdown to opening thread also..

Starting the Bay mall thread might be better if it ever comes close to opening...

I am not a fan of Harbor mall but I will say they got one

heck of a lot of activities for kids...

Tourist will not be sustaining this mall...And neither

will the cheap charlie expats...

If this mall is successful it will be because of the Thais

and their kids...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

Starting the Bay mall thread might be better if it ever comes close to opening...

and their kids...

Bingo. Everyone getting it yet?

OB

What else new and exciting has happened in Pattaya over the past couple months? I guess we could really get going on the Ramayana Waterpark thread now that it's officially open. ?

Well if it's not busy during school holidays when will it be.

Well if it's not busy during school holidays when will it be.

Probably every weekend & some evenings

and their kids...

" If this mall is successful it will be because of the Thais

and their kids..."

Perhaps with the additional words “ who have the ability to spend a meaningful amount of money “ ( not including ice creams and drinksrolleyes.gif )

I mean how much can a koala bear?blink.png

Thailand is currently reaching the highest rate of household debts in 8 years, with debts averaging around 119,000 baht per family.

The composition of household debt in Thailand and Malaysia further amplifies the concern. In many developed countries, three-fourths of household debt is in the form of mortgages (see graphic).

In Thailand and Malaysia, s. The assets underlying consumption-related loans depreciate in value quickly. In contrast, house prices usually go up, so a house is considered an investment.

http://www.thailand-business-news.com/banking/53291-household-debts-hit-highest-8-years-filling-pockets-thai-loan-sharks.html

Edited by midas

One thing that did strike me was the lack of English being used compared with other large shopping complexes in Pattaya which suggested that they were far more targeted at the Thai market and other asian nationals.

Those that say it will be a success have stated their reasons why it will be. The city is changing, the demographics are changing and society is changing. These are all pretty undeniable facts.

Those that say it will fail have offered what reasoning? Their empirical and exhaustive knowledge of Pattaya beer bars that have gone tits up?

If it was a full on super market, like Lotus, would say yes success,

That would be less successful, as Big C Extra is just down the street, Foodland next door, both very boring. Lot more stuff, more variety at Harbor.

But no just one more boring small mall on the edge of the sukhumvet,

At Klang, a major artery. But it isn't boring to its target market, as many posts here attest, and it has major differentiation. Outlet Mall is boring but there's no ice skating there. wink.png

will struggle in a few years time. wai2.gif

No, gonna still be doing fine despite near-sighted old curmudgeons wandering in at random intervals and failing to see anyone in there--as they still do with Central, even imagining they see a lot of "boarded up" shops. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

Even with the limited amount of people using this place in the future.

Think there will be some serious vehicle congestion caused with people coming from Sukhumvet side attempting to turn

into this place, think the tunnel will have an impact on this place as well, possible barriers stopping the right turns down this main road in the future.

Just a thought on the location of this Mall wai2.gif

There was a literal goat pen on the bottom floor. First I've seen of that.

On the top floor is a low cost food court with many good food options. Nice views too

The upper floors (other than the top) felt like Tuk com. Cameras, IT city, games/media. I didn't see a computer repair place though. Has anyone spotted one?

Focused on retail. JIB may have limited facility maybe it or IT City can send your box to their repair shop. But a Pattaya2U, no. Just went there yesterday to take in a friend's laptop and they checked it out @ no charge. Amazing what crap they have to work on in there--lots of filthy old Thai machines . . . .

Even with the limited amount of people using this place in the future.

Think there will be some serious vehicle congestion caused with people coming from Sukhumvet side attempting to turn

into this place, think the tunnel will have an impact on this place as well, possible barriers stopping the right turns down this main road in the future.

Just a thought on the location of this Mall wai2.gif

They've been doing this on weekends. However, I don't think it helps in the long run. People just pass it, and turn in to Foodland, make a loop onto their exit road, turn left onto Suk, and into Harbor right next door. Just creates TWO turn snags (right into FL, and left out of FL) instead of just one right turn into Harbor. unsure.png

• Like 1

People just pass it, and turn in to Foodland, make a loop onto their exit road, turn left onto Suk, and into Harbor right next door. Just creates TWO turn snags (right into FL, and left out of FL) instead of just one right turn into Harbor. unsure.png

Noticed that: the great traffic jam in Foodland. Not too convenient for FL shoppers!

It calls for--another tunnel! biggrin.png

Went to Harbor again today. Bought/ordered a dry cabinet at World Camera. The IT floors had few customers at 11:30 but I really like the design so there is no clutter like Tukcom. Some poster asked and I did see a few computer repair shops but I forgot which floor. I have no need to ever set my foot in the Tukcom firetrap again. As mentioned this mall is a unique mix and is definitely geared for families(hope the Russian families never discover this place). Makes me wish I was a kid again. The pet fair was kind of cool. There are restaurants that I have not seen in other malls. Hope that Hawaiian Cafe makes it as I seldom see customers. The Fitness Center construction continues but I have no idea how big it will be.

Every time I pass that new Hawaiian restaurant there's been 0 customers inside. The staff looks bored. They offer 40% discount off dishes in the weekends. Sorry but I'll give this place maximum 3 months before they have to close down. Unless someone inform Hawaiian /US expats that such a place exists. The Thais are clearly not interested.

• Like 1