How much to pay maid?

Oink

We are considering getting a maid 9 to 5 Monday to Friday. Live out. Can anyone please give an indication of how much we should expect to pay.

Thanks

Oink

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

What are you expecting this lady to do for 8 hours/day (40 hours week)

We keep our house clean and all the laundry/ironing /cooking /shopping etc.etc does not fill 40 hours and we do not employ a maid.

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

We keep our house clean and all the laundry/ironing /cooking /shopping etc.etc does not fill 40 hours and we do not employ a maid.

seems to take my missus 100hours a week and there is only the 2 of us here (and 4 small dogs).

We pay 320 a day 8.00 to 16.00 she also takes a break at lunch time

Her main job is tidying and watering in the garden.....and she pops in and attends to the house when the sun is at its strongest.

We treat her with respect........as one of the family......

And she will get treats and presents when we go on trips

Edited by DD13

In central Bangkok, we pay our maid 15k per month for a similar work schedule. But she prefers to stay with us in the maid room for her own convenience, going home on weekends.

Edited by saakura

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

They won't work 8 hours they also take breaks. Just because you can't afford a maid no reason to knock it.

Straight question and straight yes or no answer you could live on 300 bht. A day?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So the minimum national wage for an employee is 300 baht a day but it should be higher for maids, really!

Could you live on the minimum wage for the UK or the USA, of course you could, if you tried or had to.

Straight question and straight yes or no answer you could live on 300 bht. A day?

We aren't Thai and are not expected to live like that.

Best to get one from Burma they will work for even less than 300 per day.

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

seems to take my missus 100hours a week and there is only the 2 of us here (and 4 small dogs).

Don I hope these hounds are not going to be jumping all over the nice leather on your new 320D

>>Best to get one from Burma they will work for even less than 300 per day. <<

In Chiang Mai where wages should be somewhat lower than Pattaya ,we get in a maid in one day a month .My wife pays B400 if its the Thai lady ,but sometimes she gets a Burmese lady for B300.

15K bath per month for a maid shock1.gif in tahiland . 374.78 eu ..

Educated and skilled workers are employed in the automotive industry in eastern europe for barely double net wage(700eu) of the 3 shifts and hard labor conditions. and the same prices in the shops than in Western Europe.

Thailand the poor country ?? facepalm.gif

If you will overpaid services, soon will be even greater arrogance towards foreigners. because they see :arriving new rich western and give them money again and again and moaare..

yeah I could do it easily. so far this week ive spent zero.

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

the OP would like to employ a maid and he must have reasons. that's why he asked a question. i'm sure he's neither interested in your lifestyle nor whether your house is clean or not.

I have a live in maid. She's been with us for nearly four years and is one of the family. She takes my daughter to school, is her best friend and loves her like one of her own. She also washes the truck and does the gardens, makes sure my golf gear is ready for action and changes the water in the outside fish bowls.

She has plenty of free time and I gave her a scooter for her own use, I don't see her for most of the day plus one day off a week, but everything we want done is always done......and then some.

Quite frankly, i'd be more heart broken if she left vis a vis my missus leaving me.

I pay her 12k a month and feel guilty paying her so little but my missus insists this is appropriate, so I make sure she has extras such as any extra days off (within reason) for a family issue, and give her a decent bonus of 5k on her birthday and at Christmas.

For a 9-5 live out girl, assuming she does a good job and goes above and beyond, I'd pay her 10k and see how it goes for bonuses.

Treat her well and the rewards will come.

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

the OP would like to employ a maid and he must have reasons. that's why he asked a question. i'm sure he's neither interested in your lifestyle nor whether your house is clean or not.

Would bone idle laziness create a need for a maid ?

I just asked a reasonable question as to why someone would need a maid 8 hours/day 5 days a week.

Take your sarcasm elsewhere !

Cleaners in my building get around 11kB/month. Not sure how that compares with being a maid, but at least it's a real-life figure for a fairly comparable job.

Quite a lot of unskilled or semi-skilled Thais seem to earn around 10-11kB/month. BigC for example seem to pay somewhere around that.

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

The reason the OP made this post is because he wants to know how much to pay a maid.

Your reply that you have no need for a maid will be a lot of help to him.

A maid ? 9-5 Mon - Fri ?

Would bone idle laziness create a need for a maid ?

I just asked a reasonable question as to why someone would need a maid 8 hours/day 5 days a week.

Take your sarcasm elsewhere !

we employ two live-in maids, a gardener and a handyman cum driver. one reason why we don't employ more staff is that we only have two dogs tongue.png our other reasons are nobody's business.

should that cause some frustration you are kindly asked not to beat up your wife or let your cat go hungry.

You could just think about buying your wife a sexy maid's outfit -----I did, but it hasn't made a bit of difference.

The place is still a shithole.........................coffee1.gif

you can't afford a better "home"? gigglem.gif

Edited by Naam

The minimum wage is 350 baht a day.

Our housekeeper receives 350 baht a day, 3 x meals (the same food as us), overtime, holiday pay etc etc.

She also lives in, comes with us on days out, is invited and enjoys meals out in great restaurants.

Treat an important member of your staff/family well and you will enjoy a happy life.

Our housekeeper receives 350 baht a day, 3 x meals (the same food as us), overtime, holiday pay etc etc.

She also lives in, comes with us on days out, is invited and enjoys meals out in great restaurants.

Treat an important member of your staff/family well and you will enjoy a happy life.

Just out of interest

What does this full time member of staff/family actually do all day ?

Just out of interest

Some people live in a property larger than 40m², a fact that is seemingly difficult to comprehend for you

Edited by Berty100

Just out of interest

Some people live in a property larger than 40m²

My property is much larger than that and has five bedrooms !

But you fail to answer the question posed .

A friend of mine has a small hotel. His room maid cleans/makes up 10 rooms in a morning ! Then she goes home smile.png