How much to pay maid?

Oink

The minimum wage is 350 baht a day.

Our housekeeper receives 350 baht a day, 3 x meals (the same food as us), overtime, holiday pay etc etc.

She also lives in, comes with us on days out, is invited and enjoys meals out in great restaurants.

Treat an important member of your staff/family well and you will enjoy a happy life.

And she pretends to like it even though you pay less than minimum wage?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our housekeeper receives 350 baht a day, 3 x meals (the same food as us), overtime, holiday pay etc etc.

She also lives in, comes with us on days out, is invited and enjoys meals out in great restaurants.

Treat an important member of your staff/family well and you will enjoy a happy life.

Just out of interest

What does this full time member of staff/family actually do all day ?

Some people live in a property larger than 40m²

My property is much larger than that and has five bedrooms !

But you fail to answer the question posed .

A friend of mine has a small hotel. His room maid cleans/makes up 10 rooms in a morning ! Then she goes home smile.png

PM sent.I would like to hire you for 350 baht per day. Please upload your CV and a you tube video of you changing a nappy diaper. Do you do windows?

whats minimum wage these days? I thought it was 300b.

Could not stand the thought of losing my privacy.

I clean the house myself...takes an hour every morning, before breakfast.

Military habits.

Wife likes to laundry, cook and doesn't mind doing dishes. I put everything where I can find it, sweep and keep everything tidy.

After breakfast, we enjoy the day, doing what we like. House is finished.

I had an 18 year old, cute, maid in the Philippines. Gave her room and board and treated her like my daughter. (I had a girlfriend and two kids). The maid was from the remote Province and needed cash. I just wanted to be nice to her...and it made me happy. I only gave her 3000 baht (equivalent) a month plus room and board...which she sent to her mom. I would not pay more. She spend most of the day playing with the kids..and very little cleaning.

She was good company for the young kids....but ran off. Don't get a young one.

Edited by slipperylobster

Military habits.

Wife likes to laundry, cook and doesn't mind doing dishes. I put everything where I can find it, sweep and keep everything tidy.

Nothing wrong with that. It's the Western working class way of thinking.

In many parts of Asia Westerners and middle class locals are expected to have drivers, maids and other staff such as nannies. When in Rome...

Military habits.

all valid points, i fully agree but...

-privacy depends on the size of your home. if i am so inclined i neither see our cook nor the maid.

-you don't wet wipe ~600m², do some rug vacuum cleaning as well as 2-3 bathroomns and a "little" dusting all in one hour because that's more or less a full time job, depending of course on individual perception of cleanliness and the frequency of having guests in your home.

-i have strong doubts that your wife "likes" doing the laundry and the dirty dishes.

-sooner or later age will catch up with you and neither you nor your wife will "like" to do any of the afore-mentioned chores.

summary: to each his own! wai2.gif

Military habits.

Nothing wrong with that. It's the Western working class way of thinking.

In many parts of Asia Westerners and middle class locals are expected to have drivers, maids and other staff such as nannies. When in Rome...

you are right but not everybody can afford to "do like the Romans" thumbsup.gif

Google......minimum wage in Thailand........it is explained

There was an article in the Bangkok Post in the past few days, where 360 baht is being sought, which has been given a frosty reception.....

It was only a few years ago that 150 baht was greatfully accepted.....now Thais want to shop at Siam Paragon

I pay a girl 2K per month. She pops in twice per week, cleans the house & any ironing piled up. Works out at ฿250 per clean, 2-3 hours max each time.

It's more to help her out a bit as we clean ourselves anyway.

You could just think about buying your wife a sexy maid's outfit -----I did, but it hasn't made a bit of difference.

The place is still a shithole.........................coffee1.gif

you can't afford a better "home"? gigglem.gif

Hee has to wait till the deposit is less than the cleaning bill to fix the mess he made.

Our maid lives with us and she work Mon to Fri from 8 to 17 with 2 hours off during midday. Saturday she work from 8 to 12. Rest weekend off. Also if have guest she will help us with washing dish etc. after party. She get 12,000 bath per month, free motorbike, free food and internet.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts corrected

PM sent.I would like to hire you for 350 baht per day. Please upload your CV and a you tube video of you changing a nappy diaper. Do you do windows?

Yes fully conversent with Windows 7-8.1 and 10 thumbsup.gif

whats minimum wage these days? I thought it was 300b.

of course it is, 300, No rise yet from govt, want to make 365, but not yet, 200 baht to work rai in Issan , I'm sure they would rather be a maid and have long life...

We pay our live in15k pm with 1 month bonus at the end of the year.

OB

ridiculous...11 months too and food and lodging, St. Teresa you are...but if u want to, up to you, quite Generous, you can't take it with you.

Maid to calm down.

I can't have a new maid anymore unless she's pot ugly and over age.

I was caught giving them a Sunday roasting - my payment in kind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ScotBkk

I note that those here with live-in maids tend to pay a higher salary than those with regular live-out maids. Why? The last time I had a live-in maid it was because it was cheaper than a live-out one. The value of having her own room where she works should be a 'deduction' when making any wage assessment.

For those that provide a motorbike, is the maid claiming for petrol and/or are you giving her small bills to pay for petrol if/when she asks for it? My preference was to provide access to the motorbike and give her a flat 20 baht a week for petrol (the 2 markets she used the most were really close). If she wanted to use it for extra-curricular trips, she bought her own petrol and was reminded not to bring it back empty just in case a family member wanted to use it, ie. encouraged her to spend the 20 baht petrol money rather than keep is as a tip.

I note that those here with live-in maids tend to pay a higher salary than those with regular live-out maids. Why? The last time I had a live-in maid it was because it was cheaper than a live-out one. The value of having her own room where she works should be a 'deduction' when making any wage assessment.

For those that provide a motorbike, is the maid claiming for petrol and/or are you giving her small bills to pay for petrol if/when she asks for it? My preference was to provide access to the motorbike and give her a flat 20 baht a week for petrol (the 2 markets she used the most were really close). If she wanted to use it for extra-curricular trips, she bought her own petrol and was reminded not to bring it back empty just in case a family member wanted to use it, ie. encouraged her to spend the 20 baht petrol money rather than keep is as a tip.

Wow do you really have time to worry about such trivial matters? Instead of spending time thinking about how to save money I would spend it on how to make money. Worrying about 20 baht with a maid that's really sad.

I once had a job as a workshop foreman and the business had a self contained apartment upstairs that I moved into about 2 years of being employed there.

The apartment was free so the idea of saving my rent money was very appealing.

I found though that before I lived there my daily hours remained very consistent at 8 per day. Once I moved in I found that I was then on the workshop floor a lot more than 8 per day, not to mention I seemed to be on call for the boss when ever he needed something done urgently no matter the time of day or night or weekend or annual leave or public holidays.

After 6 months I moved out.

Edited by Don Mega

You lucky rich bastards, I can't even afford a girl to live with me.

I,ve got one balo that I want shut of,can I send her round to your place,she,s cheerfull and very very cheap thumbsup.gif

what bugs me about her though she farts and snores like a trouper,she also has one glass eye that she insists on removing at night time and replacing each morning-other than that she,s great whistling.gif

p.m. me if interested

Maid to calm down.

I can't have a new maid anymore unless she's pot ugly and over age.

I was caught giving them a Sunday roasting - my payment in kind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the girl your talking about,regarding the sunday roasting she actually commented on your mash being the tastiest she,d ever tried gigglem.gif

Wow do you really have time to worry about such trivial matters? Instead of spending time thinking about how to save money I would spend it on how to make money. Worrying about 20 baht with a maid that's really sad.

Well thanks for dropping by and adding your 20 bahts worth bubba! Much appreciated.

There's another, hotter thread regarding "how do you deal with small change scams" that is simply gagging for your sort of succinct and apropos advice. Off you go then.

We pay our live in15k pm with 1 month bonus at the end of the year.

OB

ridiculous...11 months too and food and lodging, St. Teresa you are...but if u want to, up to you, quite Generous, you can't take it with you.

You don't skimp on paying someone who is going to be minding your kids.

OB

dont pay minimum wage when its someone in your house, has to be a bit more

low wages cause resentment, turnover and make it more likely they will steal

i would give a flat 17k for someone around that much. if its someone just working outside in the garden it would be less.

Edited by fey