How much to pay maid?

Oink

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I would assume they are also liable for income tax?

look at the thai income tax table. basic allowances (married, one child, supporting parents) add up to ~11,000 Baht a month. now show me one Thai who pays income tax if he/she earns 15k/month.

I am not in the least assuming you yourself would do this, but there are numerous threads on TV belittling the BIB for not enforcing laws. Yet perhaps you indicate it should be a menu of which laws should be enforced, and which can be ignored? If 15k baht is considered below poverty level and is not taxable as income, shouldn't the person claim their earnings and follow the legal process, even if it results in zero income tax payment?

i did not indicate anything but stated well known facts and neither am i inclined to bother with your boring, respectively irrelevant questions.

if you are too bored my suggestion is that you throw small gravel stones at passing by little old ladies coffee1.gif

86 suggestions on how much to pay a maid.Surely there cant be that much of a difference on how on how much to pay. I would have thought between 200 and 500 would be the advice.

advice is not possible without outlining the duties and last not least the applied capabilities of a domestic employee.

some "maids" speak lao-thai or khmer-thai, not one word of English and can't do any job beyond wiping the floor or dusting what is at or below their eye level. others carry out responsible housekeeping jobs such as planning food purchases and making an English shopping list, cooking delicious meals or acting as nanny taking care of children.

the question "maid how much?" is equivalent to "want buy car, how much?" or "piece of string, how long?"

I was looking for someone to use their own discretion as what was required on a weekly basis to maintain the home. Not dictate union style.

The question was not how long the string is, but how much you should pay for a ball of it !!!

Edited by Oink

Straight question and straight yes or no answer you could live on 300 bht. A day?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So the minimum national wage for an employee is 300 baht a day but it should be higher for maids, really!

Could you live on the minimum wage for the UK or the USA, of course you could, if you tried or had to.

Yes that's the uk.....where you pay 100'pound a night for a shit room in London....can you rent a nice room in London for 10 pound a night with wifi and swimming pool ? Can you eat a meal for the equivalent of 30 baht.

Horses for courses.....

I was looking for someone to use their own discretion as what was required on a weekly basis to maintain the home. Not dictate union style.

The question was not how long the string is, but how much you should pay for a ball of it !!!

here we go, that's a good start mate! thumbsup.gif

but with that requirement you are looking at minimum Baht 15k/month. no such thing like a daily el cheapo wage suggested by some participants who talk about "cleaners" and "cleaning".

Sorry I should clarify. To "employ" a Thai you are required to set up a Ltd. Company 49% share with minimum 4 employees. Oh! And get a work permit.

Sent from my KFASWI using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry I should clarify. To "employ" a Thai you are required to set up a Ltd. Company 49% share with minimum 4 employees. Oh! And get a work permit.

prostitution does not exist in Thailand! whistling.gif

Sent from my KFASWI using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is the work permit for ?

What is the work permit for ?

employing a Thai means hard work for the employer whistling.gif exceptions prove the rule.

who suggested that you employ a Thai?

86 suggestions on how much to pay a maid.Surely there cant be that much of a difference on how on how much to pay. I would have thought between 200 and 500 would be the advice.

advice is not possible without outlining the duties and last not least the applied capabilities of a domestic employee.

some "maids" speak lao-thai or khmer-thai, not one word of English and can't do any job beyond wiping the floor or dusting what is at or below their eye level. others carry out responsible housekeeping jobs such as planning food purchases and making an English shopping list, cooking delicious meals or acting as nanny taking care of children.

the question "maid how much?" is equivalent to "want buy car, how much?" or "piece of string, how long?"

I repeat, 86 times.

who suggested that you employ a Thai?

Ive got the painter coming in 2 days time, how the hell can i set up a company by then. Any advise please?

All of the information above is why there will always be 3rd world nations....

Also, none of these maids that are getting paid 12,000 to 17,000 baht a month plus a company vehicle are paying one baht in tax.

When there are people with more money than they need, living in property that is far too big for them to take care of and can afford a lifestyle that requires hired help, you create the society that exists here. This wealthy society then demands that it stay that way so the down trodden get squashed underfoot by a government that is "put in place".

Then foreigners complain about the standard of how things are here, no one pays taxes, then there is no money for proper infrastructure and no pensions for the elderly. etc...

Bet the OP did not think this thread would end up like this....?

When there are people with more money than they need,

who count this is? How you know who need now much?

living in property that is far too big for them to take care of and can afford a lifestyle that requires hired help

Its already get this is thinks in many country

in final its be terror and blood.

engineer, scientist, doctor and the cleaning a few different skills. and different people with different abilities..

PS

about tax agree

I pay my Cambodian maid 9,000 baht per months, 8 am - 5 pm, 6 days per week. 1 months bonus paid annually, and 2 weeks paid vacation.

We also provide private room with kitchen and bathroom.

I have given up on Thai workers 10 years ago ...

Straight question and straight yes or no answer you could live on 300 bht. A day?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We aren't Thai and are not expected to live like that.

Best to get one from Burma they will work for even less than 300 per day.

Our maid is Burmese. She is living in and gets 10,000. We also pay taxes and social contributions for her. Work permit, extensions and all that stuff legally required.