Which Credit Card to Opt - Krungsri Platinum Visa or First Choice Platinum?

Hi all,

Kindly help me in deciding which one to opt for.

I am looking for:

- easy to manage card/account web/mobile payment app in english

- less interest rates

- first choice has 0% installment thing? *interesting*

- lots of promotions as I'll be getting married and misus needs a credit card :3

So, both the cards are from krungsri but I can't decide forsure which is better among the two. The girl at bank barely spoke english but she told me first choice isnt a credit card its good for installments due to 0% interest rate on installments.

I'd like to know which among the two is better overall? and are there any hidden charges if I opt for the first choice platinum card in it's 0% installment interest rate? which has more promotions for shopping, dining.

Also, ios there a scope of converting points into cash? like cashbacks or anything?

Thanks!

Overall First choice is better. The missus has that and I got the Krungsri Platinum. They spent 20 mins trying to dissuade her getting the FC one as it's for 'low income people', whatever that means.

Lower fees and perks are better with FC, and I'd switch if I didn't have my card already.

Personally have SCB Platinum, rates are around 20% per annum and a fee per year, great card, very handy, and always use for deposits when abroad for cars etc.

Just remember its not so easy to get one

#WP

#High Salary onshore bankable 150k +

#Established / Recognised company

Had mine about 3 years now, no longer involved in the project but the bank have no issues renewing as "credit rating" established.

Just remember to pay full monthly, and don't leave debt for your misses - no countersign required as long as you hit them points above, otherwise no clue but have heard others have been asked to literally give money to the bank to hold on too - which is a DC really.

SCB is best.

* Note no fee per annum if you progress more than xxx.xxx over the account in a year.

Edited by wjdw

Overall First choice is better. The missus has that and I got the Krungsri Platinum. They spent 20 mins trying to dissuade her getting the FC one as it's for 'low income people', whatever that means.

Lower fees and perks are better with FC, and I'd switch if I didn't have my card already.

Thanks for the info!

So, should I assume that I'll get the similar benefits as Krungsri visa platinum if I have the FC platinum? I am looking towards travel insurance, cash rebates, and other perks.

So far from what I've compared the perks are more in a Krungsri visa platinum as the only benefit I saw in FC plat. was the 0% interest for 3 months(again, here am confused as krungsri visa plat. gives a 0% interest free instalments upto 10 months?) & the buy 1 get 1 offers for movie tickets etc.

Also, would it be worth it if I get both of the cards? The girl at the bank tried her best to make me signup for both tongue.png

Personally have SCB Platinum, rates are around 20% per annum and a fee per year, great card, very handy, and always use for deposits when abroad for cars etc.

Just remember its not so easy to get one

#WP

#High Salary onshore bankable 150k +

#Established / Recognised company

Had mine about 3 years now, no longer involved in the project but the bank have no issues renewing as "credit rating" established.

Just remember to pay full monthly, and don't leave debt for your misses - no countersign required as long as you hit them points above, otherwise no clue but have heard others have been asked to literally give money to the bank to hold on too - which is a DC really.

SCB is best.

* Note no fee per annum if you progress more than xxx.xxx over the account in a year.

well except for #2 I got everything else and an SCB account as well.

I would prefer to stay away from them due to high transac fees and non-competent forex rates.

can't edit my previous post so here's a refined version:

Thanks for the info!

Should I assume that I'll get similar benefits as Krungsri visa platinum if I have the FC platinum? I am looking towards travel insurance, cash rebates, and other perks.

So far from what I've compared the perks are more in a Krungsri visa platinum as the only benefit I saw in FC plat. was the 0% interest for 3 months(again, here am confused as krungsri visa plat. gives a 0% interest free instalments upto 10 months?) & the buy 1 get 1 offers for movie tickets etc.

Also, would it be worth it if I get both of the cards? The girl at the bank tried her best to make me signup for both tongue.png

Can you please confirm me if FC indeed has a usable english version of their mobile app/web banking portal?

well except for #2 I got everything else and an SCB account as well.

I would prefer to stay away from them due to high transac fees and non-competent forex rates.

Cant comment on platinum or card unless, to say 2 is important for a platinum (remember the limit is anywhere from 100k to 1m - mine was upped to 1m through a business partners friend so lucky encase need an emergency operation if have an accident and no insurance when travelliing neighbouring asean countriies- something to consider).

These instalments options i'm yet to use, but they all really are the same and the big four banks SCB, Krungsi, Bangkok (Shit CC) and the Yellow one i always forget the name off...

Yes with SCB you get free perks (really in the admin fee) such as airline room's etc, points on spend that give you options to buy things, discounts on trips abroad etc, and some cinema etc (no expert there as don't really take much notice)

yes they will apply for two because she gets commission on the application but rarely 2 will arrive they just go with one...

well I guess I'll go ahead with both cards as for FC has a usage fee of 500BHT but is a fairly good emergency card for cash advance.

I think I'll take both krungsri for it's majority of perks including insurance etc. and FC for it's cash advance without any interest and the 0% 3 months instalment interest wave-off.

Bkk and Kasikorn have a lot of interesting cards too, you might want to check before commit to krung Sri, lots of bonuses like 2 meals for 1 or two airline tickets for 1 etc

If you qualify, the visa infinity card has $1,000,000 insurance as well... But not sure how much you need to be making to qualify for it...

"...misus needs a credit card"

That seems like the best reason for not getting one.

Well known fact Thai women can not handle money specially when the money is attached to a credit card

It's not a Thai thing

It's a women thing where ever they're from

CC's are evil in the wrong hands even in the right hands.

A very small percentage can use them properly by paying the full balance every month and taking advantage of the facilities.

Like I said they're the devil's work.

"...misus needs a credit card"

That seems like the best reason for not getting one.

Well known fact Thai women can not handle money specially when the money is attached to a credit card

It's not a Thai thing

It's a women thing where ever they're from

Totally agree with you. The ones who can handle them responsibly are a very small percentage of all women holders