PM Prayuth appreciative of US understanding of Thai politics

webfact

Seriously? This group doesn't speak for Americans! I doubt anyone even knows who this guy is!

Not so important. This PM will leap out at and talk at passing strangers. Nobody of any consequence even wants to be near him, much less have talks with him. If you look carefully at the group photos of when he struts the world stage, you'll see that the body language of actually elected world leaders is very eloquent indeed.

I think he got some face time with the leaders of Mozambique and Swaziland though, and lectured them on the merits of sufficiency 'theory'. He probably also tried to sell rainmaking 'technology to them as well. God alone knows what they might have thought of Thailand...

Winnie

I believe during his NYC visit, on the way to the G77 leadership triumph, the PM also met with esteemed representatives of Fiji and Guinea.

So it really is a distinguished group of countries in the Thai orbit these days.

Your attitude shown here is one reason why small countries tend to have little respect for the USA.

Come back after you digest this.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/06/23/1-americas-global-image/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so important. This PM will leap out at and talk at passing strangers. Nobody of any consequence even wants to be near him, much less have talks with him. If you look carefully at the group photos of when he struts the world stage, you'll see that the body language of actually elected world leaders is very eloquent indeed.

I think he got some face time with the leaders of Mozambique and Swaziland though, and lectured them on the merits of sufficiency 'theory'. He probably also tried to sell rainmaking 'technology to them as well. God alone knows what they might have thought of Thailand...

Winnie

I believe during his NYC visit, on the way to the G77 leadership triumph, the PM also met with esteemed representatives of Fiji and Guinea.

So it really is a distinguished group of countries in the Thai orbit these days.

Your attitude shown here is one reason why small countries tend to have little respect for the USA.

Not dated, which is a pity

"World View of US Role Goes From Bad to Worse"

http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/bbcusop/detail.html

Your source does not support your proposition regarding small countries. The lack of a date (and the unverified sourcing) is indeed unfortunate.

Your source does not support your proposition regarding small countries. The lack of a date (and the unverified sourcing) is indeed unfortunate.

You mean unfortunately i'ts the bigger countries?

Mind you, you mentioned Fiji and with Fiji slowly drowning because of climate change they may be slightly less favourable towards the USA than before.

A bit of Thainess in that statement to be sure! - "He insisted that citizens are guaranteed full freedom of expression within the legal framework.".... when the legal framework includes the arbitrary right for anyone of sub-lieutenant or above to arrest anyone without cause, I guess the man speaks the truth.blink.png

A bit of Thainess in that statement to be sure! - "He insisted that citizens are guaranteed full freedom of expression within the legal framework.".... when the legal framework includes the arbitrary right for anyone of sub-lieutenant or above to arrest anyone without cause, I guess the man speaks the truth.blink.png

That's just anpother bit of sapin from Winthai and the other drone. Can safely be ignored as being mendacious and assuming that everyone else is a clod. I expect it was ignored with due contempt in Geneva, Thailand doesn't have any friends now; they didn't have very many, even before Prayuth did his trick-or-treat.

Winnie

That's just anpother bit of sapin from Winthai and the other drone. Can safely be ignored as being mendacious and assuming that everyone else is a clod. I expect it was ignored with due contempt in Geneva, Thailand doesn't have any friends now; they didn't have very many, even before Prayuth did his trick-or-treat.

Winnie

In Geneva the usual political games were played.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/917593-un-praises-thailand-for-efforts-in-promoting-human-rights/#entry10752699

Winnie

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/917593-un-praises-thailand-for-efforts-in-promoting-human-rights/#entry10752699

Hokay. So. Let me see if I have this right...

You say political games were played, and to provide supporting evidence for that, you include a link to a TV post you made yourself saying that political games were played.

Impressive.

Winnie

Winnie

Hokay. So. Let me see if I have this right...

You say political games were played, and to provide supporting evidence for that, you include a link to a TV post you made yourself saying that political games were played.

Impressive.

Winnie

and in the post I put a link to there's a link to the article from which I showed the first paragraph.

Impressive, but than as you already wrote one time to me in a reply you're getting too old.

Edited by rubl

In the BP you can read that the PM is very angry at the U.S. ambassador because he criticisized the HR situation in Thailand. It looks like it spoiled the nice communication campaign about the US and UN showing understanding..... :)

In the BP you can read that the PM is very angry at the U.S. ambassador because he criticisized the HR situation in Thailand. It looks like it spoiled the nice communication campaign about the US and UN showing understanding..... :)

The US Ambassador was not expressing a personal opinion but that of the Government he represents.The personal element introduced by the Junta PM betrays not only bad manners and stupidity, but a complete ignorance of the way diplomatic relations work.It Is not a mistake that would have been made by Abhisit or Yingluck - much more symptomatic of a brutish African dictator.

The US Ambassador was not expressing a personal opinion but that of the Government he represents.The personal element introduced by the Junta PM betrays not only bad manners and stupidity, but a complete ignorance of the way diplomatic relations work.It Is not a mistake that would have been made by Abhisit or Yingluck - much more symptomatic of a brutish African dictator.

Have a look at the Asiacorrospondent article..the PM is slagging off the US Ambassador big time right or wrong, shows he has little grasp or understanding of international diplomacy