Two men shot while eating at KFC Samut Prakarn

webfact

That paramedic to the left of the group on the main pic is sure enough having a great time thumbsup.gif Must has been hungry before getting this call and could believe his luck it was located in KFC

Believe it or not emergency service workers do not spend their entire shift with glum serious expressions. I speak from experience , if you don't make light of certain situations you will go crazy.

Gallows humour is ever ever present the UK services I would imagine it is in Thailand too

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I guess so. I remember doctors and nurses in a hospital I was staying at joking and laughing about things most people would not, and realised tat is a coping mechanism

That paramedic to the left of the group on the main pic is sure enough having a great time thumbsup.gif Must has been hungry before getting this call and could believe his luck it was located in KFC

Believe it or not emergency service workers do not spend their entire shift with glum serious expressions. I speak from experience , if you don't make light of certain situations you will go crazy.
Gallows humour is ever ever present the UK services I would imagine it is in Thailand too

"Two men wearing crash helmets came into the shop after parking their motorcycle outside.........."

"Police said they were looking into CCTV at the shop to hunt down the two men."

Simple then, just nab the only two helmet wearing motorcyclists in Bangkok.

I guess the KFC workers are a bit traumatized having to clean up the blood off the floor and all.

Hmmmm ...was that job task included in their employment contract...and the right to refuse......I wonder?

Cheers

...and the cops share a joke....what a madhouse.

Huh? Paramedics regularly share jokes and be light hearted at tragic events. It's called black humour, it's a way for many to deal with the event.

Plus I'm sure they would become numb to this over time

Again it looks like this "losing face bull" in combination with Thailand's none existing gun control becomes another aspect of Thainess.

...where's the Cavalry when you need them?...oh that's right they are here...forgot!

And a couple of unwanted, prepaid meals arrived for him.

All the responses are tongue-in-cheek, yet there's a serious side to the incident.

Message to anyone in Thailand: You've probably been careful thus far. But with increasing cases of young men going berserk and being harmful, it would behoove us to be even more careful.

Years ago, in Thailand, I was handing over some coin for a newspaper and a Thai man interfered and nervously tried to shove me aside so he could hand in his coin for a newspaper before me. I turned aside and said in Thai; "take it easy, I was in front of you." He instantly went postal and started shouting loud at me, even though the newspaper vendor was trying to tell him to quiet down. The whole incident was no big deal, but it did give me insight into how quickly and severely Thais can go postal.

Now fastforward to current times: What might have been a loss of face and some shouting, could now be guns shot and/or knives plunged into bodies.

Warning to anyone in Thailand, particularly farang: give Thais a lot of space. Particularly with young men, don't do, look or say anything which might remotely upset them. They're capable of instant violence. They can readily get inflamed by something which you (as a farang) had no idea would anger them.

It's a bit hard to fight back against a pistol when your only armed with chicken McNuggets .

Incorrect fine eating establishment mentioned- unfortunately takes the humour out of your otherwise funny post.

" it's a bit hard to fight back, armed only with a hot and spicy drumstick" would have been slightly more amusing.

'what a bunch of chickens, shooting unarmed patrons'

'KFC, causing bodily harm since 1957'

'I'm dying for a bucket of wings about now'

Your welcome.