Top brass give support to under fire Bangkok traffic cop - but passenger could yet face trouble

rooster59

Top brass give support to under fire Bangkok traffic cop - but passenger could yet face trouble

post-247607-0-92788800-1463184634_thumb.

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- One of Bangkok's leading policemen dropped in on the traffic cop at the centre of a controversy after an argument filmed by a passenger in the back of a taxi.

Acting police chief Sanit Mahatavorn went to Bukkhalo station to show support for his fellow officer Suthathorn Sukkasem on Friday, reports Thairath.

A passenger in the taxi made a phone recording of an altercation she had with the officer after he had spoken to a female taxi driver about a number plate violation. The passenger seemed to understand that a bribe was to be paid, something that the police and even the taxi driver who subsequently paid a fine both denied was the case.

But the clip went online and has caused embarrassment to the force.

Acting chief Sanit told the stern faced officer in front of colleagues: "I would like to support you and encourage you. Go back to your duties and carry them out more wisely and give the public a few more smiles.

In saying that the clip filmed by the passenger presented unfounded criticism he nonetheless conceded that the officer had spoken a bit loudly "like a lime without any juice" resulting in an argument.

Police said that they will call the passenger, a woman of about thirty, in for a chat. If there is a computer crimes case to answer regarding the spreading of a falsehood causing others to suffer loss she could face up to five years in jail or a 100,000 baht fine, or both.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-14

"I would like to support you and encourage you. Go back to your duties and carry them out more wisely and give the public a few more smiles"

The operative words here are ' more wisely ' meaning, don't get caught AGAIN on camera offering alternative

payments, or I won't be there to support you next time.....

Thai law is an ass, its all about face and image, get a heavy fine or go to jail, for this, kill 9 people and not one day in jail. this country, back to the middle ages.no one of any intelligence cares a monkeys, but now the BIB have had the "photo shoot" everyone knows now. i knew nothing of this before, but now i do, when will they learn to keep their gobs shut, ok the answer is NEVER

If they do anything to this lady that is in itself a travesty of justice, sure she fiulmed it, sure she posted it and like everyone else we agreed , sounded like a bribe request. . if it was not then it was a mistake like the time the police said I went through a red traffic light when I did not, it was a mistake should every police officer who makes a mistake be summoned to apologise, no that would never happen in a month of Sundays, therefore the woman made a genuine mistake . The Police should accept that BUT NO, we want to possibly prosecute her., she has defamed the police, how come they ( The Police )( do it every day by their inaction, their poor investigative skills, their outright lies on many occasions. They have nothing to be worried about they are already a lost cause, now this will make matters worse ...far worse.

If there is a computer crimes case to answer regarding the spreading of a falsehood causing others to suffer loss she could face up to five years in jail or a 100,000 baht fine, or both[/size]

absolutely incredible[/size]

Yes the Computer Crimes Act the ultimate in intimidation. She will pull the article and offer and apology.

If they do anything to this lady that is in itself a travesty of justice, sure she fiulmed it, sure she posted it and like everyone else we agreed , sounded like a bribe request. . if it was not then it was a mistake like the time the police said I went through a red traffic light when I did not, it was a mistake should every police officer who makes a mistake be summoned to apologise, no that would never happen in a month of Sundays, therefore the woman made a genuine mistake . The Police should accept that BUT NO, we want to possibly prosecute her., she has defamed the police, how come they ( The Police )( do it every day by their inaction, their poor investigative skills, their outright lies on many occasions. They have nothing to be worried about they are already a lost cause, now this will make matters worse ...far worse.

In general terms there's also a case to say that using social media to complain etc., comes with responsibilities to be sure of the facts involved.

My guess is that if any of us reading this thread were recorded but the details / situation was quite falsely or wrongly described we would be rather angry.

Who is right / wrong in this case I don't know.