Obama govt: US schools must respect transgender ‘identity’ over ‘bathroom laws’

rooster59

Interestengly because this extends to locker rooms and because trans does not imply any sexual preference there is now a good possibility that mid teen girls will have to get changed at school with similarly aged trans lesbians. In other words a boy that thinks he's a lesbian girl.

That should be interesting...

Of course, the homophobia is mixed up with the transphobia. Maybe that's the bigot's next step ... kick gays and lesbians out of facilities too. They might be looking!?!crazy.gifw00t.gifcrazy.gif

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, I've got mixed feelings about this issue.

First ... I'm about as liberal politically and socially as they come.

Second ... I'm heterosexual, but I very much support gay and transgender rights.

Third ... I "personally" have no problem with a transgender lady (genetically a male) using the ladies toilet.

Fourth .... However, I do understand why many women ... and husbands & fathers ... are so against having a man (transgender or otherwise) using the ladies toilet. Thus I don't think legal use of women's toilets by transgenders should be made legal.

BTW, we know full well that if this does become legal, there will be many instances of fake transgenders ... i.e., male perverts ... using the ladies' loo.

Liberals need to take their misguided agenda out of the rest-room. There are only two genders, why be politically correct, when you can be right.

You forgot to add "wing" to the end of your second sentence.

It's not a right or left wing issue but common sense. The examples are piling up as we speak how this bone-headed 'law' needs to be scrapped immediately:

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say – VA, Nov 17th, 2015

California Man Dressed as Woman Busted for Videoing in Women’s Bathroom – CA, Apr 10th, 2016

Man Strips In Women’s Restroom, Says New Transgender Rules Make It Totally Legal – WA, Feb 17th 2016

Sexual predator jailed after claiming to be ‘transgender’ to assault women in shelter – Toronto, Mar 4th 2014

“DA: Cross-Dressing Man Secretly Taped Women at Macy’s”

Edited by Boon Mee

I thought stuff was quite simple....

Folk with a todger go to the gents.

Those without a todger go to the ladies where it is all cubicles, so no peaking..

It's worked great, why change it....tongue.png

So this guy goes to the men's toilet?

Born Male

and this women goes to the women's toilet?

Born female

Interestengly because this extends to locker rooms and because trans does not imply any sexual preference there is now a good possibility that mid teen girls will have to get changed at school with similarly aged trans lesbians. In other words a boy that thinks he's a lesbian girl.

Of course, the homophobia is mixed up with the transphobia. Maybe that's the bigot's next step ... kick gays and lesbians out of facilities too. They might be looking!?!crazy.gifw00t.gifcrazy.gif

Is it possible for you to actually debate a point or is bigotry your catch-all reply for every scenario presented?

You are doing a great job of arguing for the 'other side' right now.

Mid teen boys that are sexually attracted to mid teen girls is ok in the same locker room in your book?

Devil is in the details. Although it is a shame you are trying to shut down discussion of the details. Or is it just a deflection technique when you are without an argument?

Is it possible for you to actually debate a point or is bigotry your catch-all reply for every scenario presented?

Mid teen boys that are sexually attracted to mid teen girls is ok in the same locker room in your book?

Devil is in the details. Although it is a shame you are trying to shut down discussion of the details. Or is it just a deflection technique when you are without an argument?

Dude, you don't get to dictate how I respond so don't bother. The truth is the truth. These "bathroom bills" are driven my the most odious "pro family" anti GLBT hate groups in the U.S. They lost the marriage equality battle and they think they found a new angle to rile up the fear and hate against GLBT people with bathroom hysteria.

If you don't appreciate my posts, put me ignore.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Jingthing

A well known transgender from the UK.

post-249588-0-14010500-1463305591_thumb.

Is it not possible that an unaccompanied child in a bathroom would be scared by this ? Is it not possible that even some adult females would find this extremely intimidating in a closed space such as a bathroom ?

Transgenders are people who have feelings.

So are others, especially children and that seems to be getting overlooked.

She would scare males too. What's your point? She's gotta go sometimes. Are you denying basic biology when people are grotesque? Lots of cisgender people are grotesque as well. Shall they stay home all the time? Funny, the transparent bigoted approach is to parade a picture like that to demonize transgender people. Classic hysteria flaming tactics. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail, with basic humanity and compassion even for diverse and ugly citizens, both cisgender and transgender.

Edited by Jingthing

She would scare males too. What's your point? She's gotta go sometimes. Are you denying basic biology when people are grotesque? Lots of cisgender people are grotesque as well. Shall they stay home all the time? Funny, the transparent bigoted approach is to parade a picture like that to demonize transgender people. Classic hysteria flaming tactics. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail, with basic humanity and compassion even for diverse and ugly citizens, both cisgender and transgender.

No.

I am applying basic biology in that '' She '' is a '' He '' and should not be in a position to scare children just because he feels or thinks he is a she.

I would also put the mental welfare of a child over the perceived thoughts of ANY adult.

No.

I am applying basic biology in that '' She '' is a '' He '' and should not be in a position to scare children just because he feels or thinks he is a she.

I would also put the mental welfare of a child over the perceived thoughts of ANY adult.

Dude, you post a picture of an ugly person say she is a transgender male to female person and now you seem to be saying she isn't. I don't know this person and I don't know how she identifies gender-wise. I can only go by what you posted. I consider your game about that picture so hateful and intentionally INFLAMMATORY that I really don't need to hear anymore ... welcome to my ignore list.

Edited by Jingthing

attachicon.gifBBt2AIo.jpg

Is it not possible that an unaccompanied child in a bathroom would be scared by this ? Is it not possible that even some adult females would find this extremely intimidating in a closed space such as a bathroom ?

Well done it doesn't get much lower than this SgtRock. Publicly humiliate this person. Shame on you.

What you are more than likely commenting on is a result of your ignorance and bigotry.

Imagine if this woman was given the support and understanding and medical assistance and compassion to correctly transition from male to female. Instead she faced the hatred and ignorance of people like yourself.

Many transgender people kill themselves rather than the pain of going through life being the opposite of what they are. Rather than shame this person you should understand and come to realise she is a reflection of you and your inability to extend common decency and respect to others whose only crime is to be different from you.

Instead you publicly mock her with snide remarks.

It is a real pity this woman didn't have a President like Obama to stand up for her and demand she be treated with respect and understanding and compassion.

You label Obama evil. Really? You should be the very last person to utter those words.

No.

Dude, you post a picture of an ugly person say she is a transgender male to female person and now you seem to be saying she isn't. I don't know this person and I don't know how she identifies gender-wise. I can only go by what you posted. I consider your game about that picture so hateful and intentionally INFLAMMATORY that I really don't need to hear anymore ... welcome to my ignore list.

The name is Pete Burns then. The name is Pete Burns now and he still has a d!ck.

Mens room. End of story.

Well done it doesn't get much lower than this SgtRock. Publicly humiliate this person. Shame on you.

What you are more than likely commenting on is a result of your ignorance and bigotry.

Imagine if this woman was given the support and understanding and medical assistance and compassion to correctly transition from male to female. Instead she faced the hatred and ignorance of people like yourself.

Many transgender people kill themselves rather than the pain of going through life being the opposite of what they are. Rather than shame this person you should understand and come to realise she is a reflection of you and your inability to extend common decency and respect to others whose only crime is to be different from you.

It is a real pity this woman didn't have a President like Obama to stand up for her and demand she be treated with respect and understanding and compassion.

You label Obama evil. Really? You should be the very last person to utter those words.

Do you even know who this person is ?

This is his normal day. No one is mocking him.

IT IS NOT A WOMAN. IT IS A MAN. HIS NAME IS PETE BURNS.

Now tell me that you want him in the restroom with your 5 year old daughter.

Where did I label Obama evil.

Prove it or dry your eyes.

Wouldn't concern me in the least. Well unless she was smoking. That's not healthy for children. What would you do go running up the street screaming. Looks more like a transvestite than transgender. She is just a person. Should we all be cookie cutouts would that make you feel safe. Everyone looks the same thinks the same dresses the same. I certainly wouldn't teach my 8 year old daughter to be frightened because a person may look and act different. I would be more concerned about exposing my 8 year old daughter to xenophobic views that you present on this forum than the woman you post to make fun of.

Wouldn't concern me in the least. Well unless she was smoking. That's not healthy for children. What would you do go running up the street screaming. Looks more like a transvestite than transgender. She is just a person. Should we all be cookie cutouts would that make you feel safe. Everyone looks the same thinks the same dresses the same. I certainly wouldn't teach my 8 year old daughter to be frightened because a person may look and act different. I would be more concerned about exposing my 8 year old daughter to xenophobic views that you present on this forum than the woman you post to make fun of.

You have just answered the biggest posed problem on these threads.

'' Looks more like a transvestite than transgender.

Looks can be deceiving. 100% transgender and I even gave you his name. From the band Dead or Alive.

No need to worry about my safety. Quite capable of looking after myself, sadly, the same cannot be said about children, hence the reason that they must be protected.

Xenophobic. clap2.gifclap2.gif How original. How does having concern for the safety of children make someone xenophobic ?

Edited by SgtRock

Dude, you don't get to dictate how I respond so don't bother. The truth is the truth. These "bathroom bills" are driven my the most odious "pro family" anti GLBT hate groups in the U.S. They lost the marriage equality battle and they think they found a new angle to rile up the fear and hate against GLBT people with bathroom hysteria.

If you don't appreciate my posts, put me ignore.thumbsup.gif

You are absolutely correct. I don't dictate how you reply

But you also dont have a free hand to insult.

Make no mistake, "bigot" is as big an insult as "faggot". It adds nothing to the discussion and is at best, simply childish.

This whole debate is nuanced. You continually sidestep the locker room issue because, by your own words, you see this as a binary debate with bigots on one side and social justice warriors on the other.

It's just not that simple.

Edited by Dagnabbit

"Social justice warriors" is an obvious right wing code phrase. I've never heard a leftist using it. It's always used by right wingers (usually trump base types, white supremacist racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, sometimes anti-semitic etc.) to mock and degrade people who favor civil rights for minorities ... as if that's a bad thing.

Edited by Jingthing

What percentage of the population is transgender, and of that what percentage is in school, and of that what percentage has bathroom usage issues?

To introduce this issue now in the middle of a presidential election, is IMO simply politically motivated. From both sides.

Pick pockets work in teams of two. One bumps in to you , and while your attention is on the one who bumped into you , the other picks your pocket.

If I was you, I would keep my hand on my wallet.But that's just me.

"Social justice warriors" is an obvious right wing code phrase. I've never heard a leftist using it. It's always used by right wingers (usually trump base types, white supremacist racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, sometimes anti-semitic etc.) to mock and degrade people who favor civil rights for minorities ... as if that's a bad thing.

You are jumping at shadows, avoiding the real debate.

Why don't we drop the name calling?

You have just answered the biggest posed problem on these threads.

'' Looks more like a transvestite than transgender.

Looks can be deceiving. 100% transgender and I even gave you his name. From the band Dead or Alive.

No need to worry about my safety. Quite capable of looking after myself, sadly, the same cannot be said about children, hence the reason that they must be protected.

Xenophobic. clap2.gifclap2.gif How original. How does having concern for children make someone xenophobic ?

Concern for children? What is there to be concerned about?

Dead or Alive! Cool band. I like his music. Definitely no problem with my 8 year old daughter meeting him. I didn't recognise Peter at all. Could ease up on the Botox Pete. lol

He is not transgender. Extreme androgynous, cross dresser, entertainment image. Not sure if he is still married but was married to the same girl he met at 16 for donkeys years.

I'll accept that the god botherers only concern is the sexual abuse of children when they pass a law forbidding Catholic priests from being alone with children.

If they don't do that, then they are obviously just liars.

As has been pointed out by several posters, this is a manufactured controversy. In my opinion it was the gay lobby who saw this as the next phase in its agenda for preferential treatment. Unfortunately for them, this was a classic case of overreach. The good people of the USA aren't going to put their loved ones at risk to provide special rights to 1/2 of 1% of the population. It's absurd on its face.

By the way, how many times have you been walking around somewhere in Thailand and needed to use the toilet but couldn't? None around, too filthy, line too long, etc... What did you do? You held it until you got home.

And let's not forget that the gay lobby won't allow this to have a compromised solution. They have repeatedly rejected the equitable proposal of having "transgenders" using single-stall toilets. That's just not good enough. They need special rights because their special snowflakes.

I'll accept that the god botherers only concern is the sexual abuse of children when they pass a law forbidding Catholic priests from being alone with children.

I could be wrong, but you seem to be the first person on this thread to bring up religion. It's not up to me whether or not that's off topic, but you might want to do a bit of reflection about why you're so obsessed with religion.

Full disclosure: While I was born into a Christian family, I have hovered between Agnosticism and Atheism for decades.

I could be wrong, but you seem to be the first person on this thread to bring up religion. It's not up to me whether or not that's off topic, but you might want to do a bit of reflection about why you're so obsessed with religion.

Full disclosure: While I was born into a Christian family, I have hovered between Agnosticism and Atheism for decades.

Because this is obviously a god botherers law. They are the only ones pushing it.

If they were serious they'd do as I suggest.

Edited by Chicog

Dude again you're demanding that only you are qualified to frame what this debate is really about. I reject that so again stop trying to bully me towards fixating on toileting mechanics. It was never about that. This is a big election year and this current manufactured toilet hysteria issue is the latest attempt by the right wing to exploit a wedge social issue for wider political gain. They think they've found a rich vein with this current one.

This is a big election year and this current manufactured toilet hysteria issue is the latest attempt by the right wing to exploit a wedge social issue for wider political gain.

Dude again you're demanding that only you are qualified to frame what this debate is really about. I reject that so again stop trying to bully everyone with pejorative terms.

Dude again you're demanding that only you are qualified to frame what this debate is really about. I reject that so again stop trying to bully me towards fixating on toileting mechanics. It was never about that. This is a big election year and this current manufactured toilet hysteria issue is the latest attempt by the right wing to exploit a wedge social issue for wider political gain. They think they've found a rich vein with this current one.

Dude, the only people trying to make it a political issue are on Thai Visa. Trump has come out in favor of transgenders using the toilet they want to use and says that's the way it is in Trump towers.

"Donald J. Trump said Thursday that transgender people should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they feel most comfortable with — including at Trump Tower in New York."

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/21/donald-trump-says-transgender-people-should-use-the-bathroom-they-want/

Edited by Scotwight