What time you can buy beer at 7/11?

In Zulu time tongue.png

11:00h to 14:00h

17:00h to 24:00h (midnight)

(no sale after midnight)

Officially.

Right side: 24h sale prohibited on certain Buddhist holidays.

post-99794-0-86686400-1463217104_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Tesco, Makro, Big C, etc., used to sell between 2.00pm & 5.00pm if you bought over a certain quantity.

Not sure if they still do or not.

No.

There was a time when you could buy over 10 liter in volume anytime as a "reseller".

Seems like this was a "flexible" interpretation of the law.

Clarified / abandoned / tightened by the current regime.

Worst time to push your cart towards the cash register at Makro: 11:01h gigglem.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Kenny, if you are anywhere near Srichan Road, there is a wholesaler there that sells all day, very good selection too.

Now the unofficial route is described.

About every mom&pop shop will sell anytime as long as no brown, dark green or khaki in sight.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Kenny, if you are anywhere near Srichan Road, there is a wholesaler there that sells all day, very good selection too.

Now the unofficial route is described.

About every mom&pop shop will sell anytime as long as no brown, dark green or khaki in sight.

Not sure it's unofficial, they have done it all the time I've been here, and they are quite open about it.

Mom & Pop shops usually only stock a few brands, usually at the lower end of the price scale.

Tesco, Makro, Big C, etc., used to sell between 2.00pm & 5.00pm if you bought over a certain quantity.

They turned me away last time I tried that.

Apparently, the bulk buy is a case + 3 bottles.

That passed muster at out local TESCO

They turned me away last time I tried that.

Apparently, the bulk buy is a case + 3 bottles.

That passed muster at out local TESCO

January last year they brought in a law to stop bulk buying during 2.00 and 5.00.

"Also, the old law allows for wholesale purchase of alcohol in excess of 10 liters to be made at any time of the day while any purchase under 10 liters can only be made at the specified times.

The new regulation does not allow for this, what matters now are the stated hours for purchase or sale of alcohol irrespective of quantity."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794366-restriction-of-liquor-sale-time-takes-effect-today-throughout-thailand/

Edited by Don Mega

In Zulu time tongue.png

11:00h to 14:00h

17:00h to 24:00h (midnight)

(no sale after midnight)

Officially.

Right side: 24h sale prohibited on certain Buddhist holidays.

attachicon.gifSticker01.jpg

That is what most of us Yanks know as "Military Time", which is actually the international standard for transmitting time data most common around the world.

Legal Alcohol sales in Thailand in Zulu time (UTC) would be

04:00-07:00

10:00-17:00smile.png

The one that threw me for a loop is the convention in where after midnight is presented as 25:00 (01:00AM) I often see in Japan.

These are the opening Hours for the Rooftop Bar at Andaz in Roppongi Hills for example.

Opening Hour

1. 17:00 - 24:00
  2. Fri & Sat17:00 - 25:00
  3. (Last Orders for food, 22:45)
  4. * For terrace seats, a seating charge of JPY 2,000 will be applied.
  5. (No seating charge applies from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. & between December to end of February)
Edited by arunsakda

Several people said it. Buy it at a "mom and pop," i.e. non-big-chain store off a major street, down a soi. No problem with alcohol sales at any hour they're open. As the Brits would say in their quaint little version of English, "Sorted." :)