St Joseph school thippawan

Hi everyone. I have a 6 year old daughter here in Thailand, she has been enrolled at st Joseph thippawan for two years. This year as in tomorrow she will be on the EP program. She does have a good grasp of English already through spending lots of time with me as I only speak English with her. Also she has private lessons once a week with a western English teacher. Would the extra money I will be spending on the EP program be better off going on more private tutoring?

My options are slim as I can in no way afford international fees for the next few years and work commitments and a few other complications keep me from being able to bring her back to England for her education.

Any ideas on my options in the area of Samut Prakan or surrounding area? And has anyone have experience of the EP program from st Joseph or of the actual school itself?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated . Thanks.

Oh forgot to add, my daughter is half Thai.

If she's spending lots of time with you, an EP might hold her back. My 11 year old was in an international school where almost none of the kids spoke English at home, so the level of instruction wasn't as high as it should have been and she was acquiring some bad grammar habits from her peers. (And even a bit of a Korean accent!). If you speak only English to her, and read to her, she might be better off than going to an EP.

We ended up homeschooling.

Archived