Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

Yeah...think Wilai and Og pretty much concurred with that. There is a certain silkiness  (if that's a real word) about his play and his whole demeanour. Gonna miss him in the 2nd half...

It is a real descriptive football word. Even pulling a Hammi was Torreseque

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Lol that nonsense is very err pickeringesque.

absolute drivel as usual.

4-0 today r2d2....everything I say has the ring of truth to it.

Anyway I'll be enjoying a few games at Wembley this year....and watching a great team. :smile:

• Like 1

After the Lord Mayor's Show comes the dust cart! Disappointed with the defeat of course but, what irks me more is the manner of the defeat. We were completely outplayed in midfield with no pace and passion about our play. City had pace to burn all over the field and dominated the match. If we left it behind in Madrid then Conte should have recognised this in the two days training since. But he decided to go with virtually the same midfield, only switching Azpilicueta to a wing back role in place of Moses. From early on, Kante and Bakayoko looked lethargic, Hazard was a shadow of the player in Madrid and Fabregas was shown up for his lack of foot. Nothing wrong with our defence which were outstanding, especially Christensen who continues his improvement.

10 minutes ago, oldgit said:

After the Lord Mayor's Show comes the dust cart! Disappointed with the defeat of course but, what irks me more is the manner of the defeat. We were completely outplayed in midfield with no pace and passion about our play. City had pace to burn all over the field and dominated the match. If we left it behind in Madrid then Conte should have recognised this in the two days training since. But he decided to go with virtually the same midfield, only switching Azpilicueta to a wing back role in place of Moses. From early on, Kante and Bakayoko looked lethargic, Hazard was a shadow of the player in Madrid and Fabregas was shown up for his lack of foot. Nothing wrong with our defence which were outstanding, especially Christensen who continues his improvement.

Why did he go all defensive for ? playing Azpil instead of Moses !!! only starting with 2 attacking players !! deserved to lose because of his negativity, you were playing at home for christ sake :1zgarz5:

• Like 1

Well, Rudiger looked the business.  He held Sane pretty much in check the first half and then Sane moved over to the right for much of the second period.

As OG mentioned, Chelsea looked overwhelmed in midfield. Not the last time City will lay waste to a midfield this season. I'd hate to have to defend against KDB and the Silva's with City's wingers/fullbacks stretching the defense. Tsunami-like.

Two defeats this season and both times Azpilacueta played at right back. Against Burnley there was no alternative, yesterday 2 rbs on the bench. Puzzling, as was not putting Batshuyi on for Morata. Conte outsmarted himself.

On 1/10/2560 at 1:06 PM, champers said:

Two defeats this season and both times Azpilacueta played at right back. Against Burnley there was no alternative, yesterday 2 rbs on the bench. Puzzling, as was not putting Batshuyi on for Morata. Conte outsmarted himself.

Conte was very nagative in my view. Chelsea are the Champions and they let city trample all over them. I guess the strange substitutions were to bolster midfield and get a better possession percentage but I agree with you on Batshuyi for Morata.

On 01/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, champers said:

no puzzle to me champs.bat kitkat cannot aim up in the big ones

15 hours ago, evenstevens said:

no puzzle to me champs.bat kitkat cannot aim up in the big ones

I recall you accusing others of moving to "hit" Cahill, yet you constantly slag off Batshuayi?

What exactly leads you to the conclusion that he "cannot aim up in the big ones"? Our biggest Group game in this year's CL was undoubtedly in Madrid. He scored.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:06 PM, champers said:

Yes, I'm beginning to fear that Batshuayi could be our next Lukaku/De Bruyne. He was in a good run of form, with confidence high, electing to play most of the game with no recognised striker not only helped City but may well have put a dent in Bats' confidence right when we need him most.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

I recall you accusing others of moving to "hit" Cahill, yet you constantly slag off Batshuayi?

What exactly leads you to the conclusion that he "cannot aim up in the big ones"? Our biggest Group game in this year's CL was undoubtedly in Madrid. He scored.

now lets leave Cahill out of the discussion, start a new thread if u want ,and i will certainly take it up with you,

Bat Kitkat from my observations, is only a substitute striker, for C/SEA not a run on side striker,as he is not strong enuff in many areas,to cut it out full time ,day in day out in the E.P.L  and C/L  (, in particular  the Big Ones), have always remember that old tyrant Fergie  saying years ago   any good  side needs two top draw strikers in a squad to do well in those above competitions  ,presently C/sea   may have one  Morata   and  Bat Kitkat is a no no,  hence C/sea,s last ditch efforts to sign a old man Llorente,does,nt that tell u something???as for slagging Bat Kitkat  ,stop with that B/S, only saying that in my view,he is not what is required by C/SEA under Conte,s  managment,and i agree with him,bet any money come the next T/F window,they will be looking for a striker,to replace Bat Kitkat and he will be in the T/F lounge,do hope some mug is willing to pay  your 40 mil price tag:smile: a lovely morning to all

24 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Yes, I'm beginning to fear that Batshuayi could be our next Lukaku/De Bruyne.

get a good hold of yourself ,Bat Kitkat is no where near the same class ,as the above two

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Reports that Kane limped off with a hamstring problem!   

what are u smoking Carmsy

I watched Bosnia Herzegovina v Belgium last night; a cracking game on a muddy pitch that Belgium won 4-3. Hazard was captain and grafted all game for the team, as did Batshuyi who scored a poachers goal when he reacted quickest in the box to tuck away a fumble from Begovic. He played the full 90 and showed great energy throughout.

I disagree with ES; I think he is a work in progress and will turn out to be top class; he has the talent. He worked his socks off last night for the team and got into some great positions. Less good goalkeeping and more composure from Batshuyi and he might have scored 2 or 3.

I felt it was a mistake not to put him on v City and maybe the result bears that out.

Incidentally, Belgium look very, very good. Though not at full strength and with qualification already in the bag, they were 2-1 down at half time but gave it everything in the 2nd half and were deserved winners. BH were 2nd in the group at the start of the game and have a few very good players. I was expecting plenty from Dzecko but he hardly had a look in. Roberto Martinez is doing a good job and has Thierry Henry on the coaching staff. One to follow in the World Cup?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

I watched Bosnia Herzegovina v Belgium last night; a cracking game on a muddy pitch that Belgium won 4-3. Hazard was captain and grafted all game for the team, as did Batshuyi who scored a poachers goal when he reacted quickest in the box to tuck away a fumble from Begovic. He played the full 90 and showed great energy throughout.

I disagree with ES; I think he is a work in progress and will turn out to be top class; he has the talent. He worked his socks off last night for the team and got into some great positions. Less good goalkeeping and more composure from Batshuyi and he might have scored 2 or 3.

I felt it was a mistake not to put him on v City and maybe the result bears that out.

Incidentally, Belgium look very, very good. Though not at full strength and with qualification already in the bag, they were 2-1 down at half time but gave it everything in the 2nd half and were deserved winners. BH were 2nd in the group at the start of the game and have a few very good players. I was expecting plenty from Dzecko but he hardly had a look in. Roberto Martinez is doing a good job and has Thierry Henry on the coaching staff. One to follow in the World Cup?

c.sea spent 32 mil on bat kitkat.but his potential has not come up to this price tag at all  for a poacher u got that right champs.modern days are here catch up cobber.number nineshave to have all tools in their box.see how it pans out.but over and out for mine .main reason not up to csea high standard for a number nine

absoulately dismal performance ,  worst i have seen   in such a long time     no cohension at all   appeared the players chosen   had lead in their boots

Conte has no alternative   but to  change his run on side  Willian should never be picked    until he shows some decent form, The Rat  is best deployed as a second half sub ,  Luiz should have played along Baka,  with young gun Christian taking his place at the back, whilst that Bat Kitkat  should be immediately placed in T/F lounge  ,and use Pedro as a false number nine  until Morata is fit, the above is just for starters, another crucial point is  it appears our players are pulling Hammys,  thats generally down to the training requirements,   being too tough   with a  heavy load of fixtures  on the plate , just rotating players is not the full answer, its getting the balance right at training  to coincide with the  demand of the congested fixtures, Conte is notorious  for his Hard Yakka training , perhaps he should look  at himself in the mirrior ,and say  are they are running out of gas on me  and lighten up their training day schedule, to coincide with the C/L and International matchs, y/day they certainly appeared Zapped from the opening whistle,in summing up  he better come up with a soloution pronto ,  otherwise Roman.s Helicopter is coming out of the hangar,and ???and Conte s constant  bantering with the Tabs on his personal life etc etc ,is pure sh#t ,this geezer is on 9 mil plus a year,he is even getting to me, coach and manage the squad given, and pick up your game Conte otherwise you are a dead man walking   and  by  Chrissy Time    and perhaps before

a lovely morning to all

I reckon Conte is looking for the sack I mean it's a nice payday so I don't blame him and he is still probably piiissed off about the Costa debacle which they should have just backed the boss and be done with the muppet. Left a sour taste. Add that to hazards realisation that his aspirations for bigger things are doomed and he will never be a 100m player, that's gotta hurt such a sensitive ego. This Musonda lad looks the real deal though. Big time.

49 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I reckon Conte is looking for the sack I mean it's a nice payday so I don't blame him and he is still probably piiissed off about the Costa debacle which they should have just backed the boss and be done with the muppet. Left a sour taste. Add that to hazards realisation that his aspirations for bigger things are doomed and he will never be a 100m player, that's gotta hurt such a sensitive ego. This Musonda lad looks the real deal though. Big time.

Or maybe Conte just has some crucial injuries, maybe its still only eight games into the season and maybe Palace are fighting for their lives and pulled a one off!! :saai:

They also got great money for Costa and pulled in a clear upgrade in Morata so happy days there! 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I reckon Conte is looking for the sack I mean it's a nice payday so I don't blame him and he is still probably piiissed off about the Costa debacle which they should have just backed the boss and be done with the muppet.

Funny, I thought that they did back Conte and sold Costa. Don'e believe all the baseless speculation in the media.