Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A Chelsea win with the winning goal coming from a ubiquitous Rio Ferdinand <deleted> up will be the perfect result.

That'd suit me sir

Personally I find the whole concept of Rio Ferdinand being ubiquitous rather distressing.

A Chelsea win with the winning goal coming from a ubiquitous Rio Ferdinand <deleted> up will be the perfect result.

That'd suit me sir

Personally I find the whole concept of Rio Ferdinand being ubiquitous rather distressing.

Any win for Man Yoo today will suit us fine.

That'd suit me sir

Any win for Man Yoo today will suit us fine.

Why's that? Don't you want second spot?

For the first time ever I find myself agreeing with Capello. Whether Terry is guilty or not, it's a sad day when football authorities decide that innocent until proved guilty does not apply in their world. As usual they are too lilly-livered to resist the press and fans' clamour for blood.

For the first time ever I find myself agreeing with Capello. Whether Terry is guilty or not, it's a sad day when football authorities decide that innocent until proved guilty does not apply in their world. As usual they are too lilly-livered to resist the press and fans' clamour for blood.

He was sacked to stop a potential mutiny within the England squad. Atleast thats my understanding of it and Capello has demonstrated just how hopelessly out of touch he is.

If you are saying that the FA was too lilly-livered to make a stand on the basis of natural justice (something that the Brits had been reknowned for for centuries then I guess I can understand that one - the nation is going to the dogs when it comes to impartiality and public standards)!

I think the problem with the Terry issue is that the press have acted as judge and jury throughout and it is they who control all the information upon which we lesser mortals form our opinions. We just do not know what is the real truth anymore.

The idea that the players were about to mutiny does sound rather convenient to me, though of course I have no evidence either way.

If you are saying that the FA was too lilly-livered to make a stand on the basis of natural justice (something that the Brits had been reknowned for for centuries then I guess I can understand that one - the nation is going to the dogs when it comes to impartiality and public standards)!

I think the problem with the Terry issue is that the press have acted as judge and jury throughout and it is they who control all the information upon which we lesser mortals form our opinions. We just do not know what is the real truth anymore.

The idea that the players were about to mutiny does sound rather convenient to me, though of course I have no evidence either way.

I dont think the issue with the captaincy of England is one of whether he should retain the captaincy based on innocence until proven guilty. The captaincy should go to the most appropriate person and the very fact that he faces this charge is likely to be a distraction from the job.

You hold the captaincy because you 'set an example' that in theory 'you behave in a way that others aspire to. Now from that perspective I dont see how he was made captain in the first place but the point is despite the fact he might be entirely innocent, he is being prosecuted and so 'maybe' guilty. If you wish to state that Rio Ferdinand failed a drug test, Gerrard faced assault charges and Terry has already had an affair with a players wife, so claiming some moral high ground for the captaincy is ridiculous then I entirely agree. In fact on that basis I would give it to Ashley Cole on the basis he seems a complete asshol_e who hasnt yet got the captaincy.

Where I find this whole thing ridiculous is with Capello, who is paid 6m quid a year to manage the team. How his judgment is so poor as to reappoint Terry is beyond me. And if he wants Terry as captain let him keep him and see how well it goes. Paying a manager 6m quid a year and then openly disagreeing with his choice of captaincy is a route to certain disaster. If the FA feels strongly enough to sack Terry, they should also sack the manager who openly disagrees with their decision. By openly sacking the managers choice for captaincy at Euro 2012, the FA has effectively labelled Capello as a lame 'duck manager'. His entire authority has been undermined and the campaign will inevitably end in disaster, acrimony, blame, compromises and stories about internal strife.

I dont think the issue with the captaincy of England is one of whether he should retain the captaincy based on innocence until proven guilty. The captaincy should go to the most appropriate person and the very fact that he faces this charge is likely to be a distraction from the job.

You hold the captaincy because you 'set an example' that in theory 'you behave in a way that others aspire to. Now from that perspective I dont see how he was made captain in the first place but the point is despite the fact he might be entirely innocent, he is being prosecuted and so 'maybe' guilty. If you wish to state that Rio Ferdinand failed a drug test, Gerrard faced assault charges and Terry has already had an affair with a players wife, so claiming some moral high ground for the captaincy is ridiculous then I entirely agree. In fact on that basis I would give it to Ashley Cole on the basis he seems a complete asshol_e who hasnt yet got the captaincy.

Where I find this whole thing ridiculous is with Capello, who is paid 6m quid a year to manage the team. How his judgment is so poor as to reappoint Terry is beyond me. And if he wants Terry as captain let him keep him and see how well it goes. Paying a manager 6m quid a year and then openly disagreeing with his choice of captaincy is a route to certain disaster. If the FA feels strongly enough to sack Terry, they should also sack the manager who openly disagrees with their decision. By openly sacking the managers choice for captaincy at Euro 2012, the FA has effectively labelled Capello as a lame 'duck manager'. His entire authority has been undermined and the campaign will inevitably end in disaster, acrimony, blame, compromises and stories about internal strife.

We can only hope. rolleyes.gif

On the Redknapp trial thread I get google ads for Jury or no win no fee stuff.

How come here I get ads for Clergy sexual abuse etc?

Did I miss a story? ohmy.png

It obviously goes off your last Google search laugh.png

Switch off adsense and look for yourself mrboj. Meanwhile has anyone seen my cassock?

Respect for you Fabio! Bunch of to$$ers the lot of 'em at the FA.

Bet they are still trying to find some way to appoint someone with a potential court case hanging over him as the new England manager :-)

Woops - hadn't spotted the news that Harry was found not guilty. Fair do's to him and I withdraw any remarks I made months ago that implied guilt on his part!

Someone who has paid millions in taxes and has not previously been a proven tax-dodger would have got my juror benefit of doubt support (since I fall into that category meselfgiggle.gif )

Edited by SantiSuk

Bet they are still trying to find some way to appoint someone with a potential court case hanging over him as the new England manager :-)

You might add that Fabio displayed massive bad judgement by reappointing Terry and this was shown clearly by Terry's latest storm.

He should have resigned a long time ago, if nothing else for playing Shaun Wright Phillips and Upson in the world cup.

You might add that Fabio displayed massive bad judgement by reappointing Terry and this was shown clearly by Terry's latest storm.

He should have resigned a long time ago, if nothing else for playing Shaun Wright Phillips and Upson in the world cup.

Agreed - he had a pisspoor World Cup and should have been sacked after that. Can't say I blame him for hanging on for the money - it's the to$$ers at the FA again who agreed a badly structured contract.

If the FA had discussed the appointment of Terry with him more frankly and said no back then this would all have been avoided. If the FA had discussed the sacking of Terry as captain with Capello frankly and made it clear that he should resign if he did not agree with it then also they would have avoided much of the opprobium a few of us heap on the FA's heads rather than Capello's head.

Of course the media and <deleted> commentators like Shearer have lined it all up against Capello in their usual jingoistic/populist style. I think it's the FA that stinks, not Capello.

Agreed - he had a pisspoor World Cup and should have been sacked after that. Can't say I blame him for hanging on for the money - it's the to$$ers at the FA again who agreed a badly structured contract.

If the FA had discussed the appointment of Terry with him more frankly and said no back then this would all have been avoided. If the FA had discussed the sacking of Terry as captain with Capello frankly and made it clear that he should resign if he did not agree with it then also they would have avoided much of the opprobium a few of us heap on the FA's heads rather than Capello's head.

Of course the media and <deleted> commentators like Shearer have lined it all up against Capello in their usual jingoistic/populist style. I think it's the FA that stinks, not Capello.

How on earth does Shearer retain his job as a pundit? He doesn't even seem to display the professionalism to do his homework before a game he's scheduled to comment on.

How on earth does Shearer retain his job as a pundit? He doesn't even seem to display the professionalism to do his homework before a game he's scheduled to comment on.

And don't you just love it when,at the end of the conversation,his eyes squint,his bottom jaw protrudes just after a sharp intake of breath.That sort of authoritative look that implies 'I know more than you will ever know' when,in fact, all he has said is what we knew anyway.Next time Shearer,do your 'job' and tell us something we DON'T know.

The Everton game,for me,encapsulated the fundamental problem with the team.A desparate lack of pace,especially in midfield which, consequently, puts the centre of defence under immense pressure..After conceding the early goal where Steven Pienaar outstripped the defence in mind and pace,it was on us to offer a telling response.What was given was a predictability so evident in our game this season.Plenty of mundane,unimaginative passing with no pace and no penetration.Cole offers exactly the same every game.Runs down the wing with two options:

1) Looks for the pass inside then receives the return.

2) Looks for the pass inside and,if there's no one available,offloads the ball to the sanctuary of the defence who are immediately put under pressure because the opposing midfield knows what he's going to do even before he does.

Bosingwa,with his limited football brain,does things by an instinct only he can understand.What is it that attracts the slowest players in the Universe to the club? Do we actively seek them out ?Remember,we nearly signed Pierlo,probably the slowest midfielder that has ever stepped on grass, during Ancellotti's stewardship.Or am I being unfair and the team only LOOKS slow because of the lack of confidence in the players?

No,I don't think I am.Lampard was very,very good but,because he's slowed up,he's getting caught in possession.Merieles....slow and deliberate.Malouda.....very slow and very deliberate.Essien.....showing glimpses of his former brilliance but needs to get his game on track double quick.The only imagination,pace and guile comes from Mata and Sturridge.I'm sure Torres has backed himself not to score for the rest of the season.What other reason can he have for absolutely refusing to shoot?How much we are missing Ramires is already becoming apparent.Pienaar,who only appeared fleetingly for Spurs with very little game time looked liked the best midfielder in the Premiership.He ran the game.Why didn't we acquire him when Modric wasn't coming? He's exactly what we need,a quick,right sided,bright midfielder.Fellaini,who has just average pace,looked like Usain Bolt against our mob.

Do you current performances are down the the players or the manager? It seems to me you are saying the players just arn't up to it regardless of Villas-Boas.

Chelsea have played a successful slick passing game for years.The present players are trying to keep this tradition but,when the passing movement breaks down,they are not quick enough to get back and rectify the situation.You could blame Villas Boas for not realising the limitations of the team and continuing to play this way but, I prefer to put the lack of success squarely on the shoulders of the players.As I've said before.I've no allegiance to players and will only give them praise when they do a good job.We have some very promising young players, that have yet to be selected for the first team squad, so I would be disappointed in Villas Boas if he didn't introduce them soon.

It's amazing the money Abramovich has put in and all they have to show for it is 2 leagues, an FA Cup and a Carling Cup. What's worse the team's best players are mostly on the wrong side of 30. The same can be said of my team but Chelsea will be in need of a serious rebuilding job come the summer. The thing is can they afford to do that with the FFP in place? I suppose if they are not in the CL then it doesn't matter but you have to wonder if Roman has ever thought about just walking away.

A lot of rumors doing the rounds today around Capello replacing AVB within a few weeks.

Edited by wellred

Chelsea 2-0 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park as their 'worst' game of the season. angry.png

Steven Pienaar gave the Toffees an early lead and the Blues were given a mountain to climb after the break when Denis Stracqualursi added a second.

Chelsea rarely looked like scoring throughout and Villas-Boas believes the home side deserve credit for their 'terrific' display.

The Portuguese tactician was unable to focus on the positives after the full-time whistle, stating the team need to improve with FA Cup and UEFA Champions League games on the horizon.

"I think today was our worst game of the season, the worst in every sense of the word," explained Villas-Boas. "Everton were fantastic today, their new signings have helped them improve a lot.

"In our performance we were short of anything positive, it's a difficult day, there were a lot of negatives to take from it and a lot of things we need to improve on bearing in mind the FA Cup and Champions League.

"We suffered early in the game and though we controlled possession to the end of the first half we couldn't create enough chances.

"The second half was very even, but it was physical and we couldn't create enough chances, so in the end it was a lack of clarity that punished us hard.

"At the moment we are fifth and that's not enough for us. We played with Mata between the lines when I brought (Michael) Essien off but they scored straight away so I decided to put three strikers up front, and that was the logic behind my thinking."

Villas-Boas was critical of his own preparation of the team ahead of the game and the under-pressure manager has accepted full responsibility for the defeat at Goodison Park.

"Maybe on the instructions, maybe on the clarity of the instructions for the players," he continued. "I think the manager has to take fully responsibility when things don't go well and it was not good today.

"The commitment was there from the players. After we suffered the goal we had a setback, but we reacted to that setback. Maybe making a good reflection the right things at the right time must be given."

Edited by Seapok

Do you current performances are down the the players or the manager? It seems to me you are saying the players just arn't up to it regardless of Villas-Boas.

Chelsea have played a successful slick passing game for years.The present players are trying to keep this tradition but,when the passing movement breaks down,they are not quick enough to get back and rectify the situation.You could blame Villas Boas for not realising the limitations of the team and continuing to play this way but, I prefer to put the lack of success squarely on the shoulders of the players.As I've said before.I've no allegiance to players and will only give them praise when they do a good job.We have some very promising young players, that have yet to be selected for the first team squad, so I would be disappointed in Villas Boas if he didn't introduce them soon.

I'll tell you what, if Villas-Boas doesn't get rid of the old guard quickly he's finished. That is if he isn't finished already. Seems like if John Terry doesn't get the side he wants he rallies Cashley, Drogba et al and seeks to get the coach sacked.

Seapok is the only consistent thing about Chelsea. Come sunshine, rain or, as recently a plague of frogs, you still get the same straight-laced cut and paste jobby!

Haha yeah I know and I'm getting pretty bored of doing myself....seeing as the results haven't been great for a few months I can't summon the energy to think of something imaginative to talk about.

OG....up for a few beers in BKK come the end of April? :-)