Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

And since this a football topic.....

Poor kid from the favelas of Rio de Janeiro creates magic in the Maracana.

I'm happy to pay big money to see that.

If you are referring to Neymar then forget it.....he'll go to Real Madrid.

Edited by carmine

And since this a football topic.....

Poor kid from the favelas of Rio de Janeiro creates magic in the Maracana.

I'm happy to pay big money to see that.

If you are referring to Neymar then forget it.....he'll go to Real Madrid.

Neymar comes from Sao Paulo I think... but I'm being picky.

I was just trying to put football in context.

I don't think Mr Abramovich understands the concept. For him it looks like it's an ego trip.

Poor boy on the field creates the magic.

Whenever anybody talks about the beautiful game the name Drogba always seems comes up.

Why? I don't know.

I don't know him. I don't know his family. I don't know his motivation.

And I'm not relying on the press to help me judge.

The boy plays good football.

Maybe that's your point.

I don't know.

No no

I have no point lol

Except I was watching the game and he just scored lol

He's a bad boy in the EPL but back home he seems to be the role model. And I have and do give him credit for that.

OK.

You clearly have a point because you raised his name.

We don't talk about players in the english league div 3.

Bad boy in the EPL? Says who.

If Mr Drogba makes big money and redistributes it, I ain't judging, I'm applauding.

Maybe that's your point.

I don't know.

That was dreadful. The teams display against Birmingham offered hope,we played with a bit off passion.That performance yesterday was a joke,what was Di matteo thinking of.Luiz and Mata should never have been dropped,

Kalou is <deleted>,lampards turns like a giant oil tanker,terry and cole should not have played,and yet again everyone raves about that selfish greedy lazy git (I WILL NOT PASS,SHOOT ON SIGHT) Sturridge.ughh.

God help us on wenesday if he plays that team again.

After watching a young,vibrant Athletico Bilbao team (5th. in La Liga) demoralise Man. Utd. (2nd. in the Premier League,contradiction in terms that one) with quick,one touch football,I was interested to see how this Chelsea team would measure up.The selection was puzzling as Di Matteo was saying,before the game that this was 'Chelsea's most important game of the season,we are not thinking about the Napoli game yet' when,in fact,it looked very much like that.

Well,the 'old guard' had got it's way and they were back in force ready to show everybody what we had been missing.Very little on this evidence.There was plenty of controlled possession in and around the centre circle but,far too often,we resorted to the bog standard cross, floated in at 2 miles a year,into the penalty box and,as we all know watching Stoke under Pullis,this is food and drink to their logs of wood at the back.No imagination from corner kicks either.It was as though we were trying to prove a point that we were better than them aerially.The best chances we created,one of which was the goal,was to run at their defence and pass through it.We must have bunged Fuller beforehand because his sending off was imbecilic.And quickly on the scene was Ambassador Drogba consoling Fuller.I think I preferred the old,snarling,cheating Drogba better.

On this pretty conclusive evidence,we've got a hell of a long way to go and a hell of a lot of changes of personnel to be made before we can claim to be challengers to Europe's best.

That was dreadful. The teams display against Birmingham offered hope,we played with a bit off passion.That performance yesterday was a joke,what was Di matteo thinking of.Luiz and Mata should never have been dropped,

Kalou is <deleted>,lampards turns like a giant oil tanker,terry and cole should not have played,and yet again everyone raves about that selfish greedy lazy git (I WILL NOT PASS,SHOOT ON SIGHT) Sturridge.ughh.

I agree with you about Sturridge.He's a good player but he's not as good as HE thinks he is.Unfortunately,he's one of maybe two players in the squad that can turn a defender so,we need him for now.I bet he was one of the group that took the piss out of Villas Boas in the 'car park deadline incident'.I'm sure he missed that sitter on purpose against West Brom to get Villas Boas booted out.Looking at the left sided midfield options,when Malouda was playing well,he was different class to Sturridge because he was willing to track back.Now,his demeanour gives you impression he couldn't give a toss.Gael Kakuta is the biggest kick in the <deleted>.He looked different tackle when he appeared on the scene but he's disappeared by the wayside.Gawd knows why.Mata is very good but he's been affected by the power struggle.Kalou's had a million chances.He will never be the answer to our problems.

Lampard and Cole are walking tortoises now and just slow the game up.

After watching a young,vibrant Athletico Bilbao team (5th. in La Liga) demoralise Man. Utd. (2nd. in the Premier League,contradiction in terms that one) with quick,one touch football,I was interested to see how this Chelsea team would measure up.The selection was puzzling as Di Matteo was saying,before the game that this was 'Chelsea's most important game of the season,we are not thinking about the Napoli game yet' when,in fact,it looked very much like that.

Well,the 'old guard' had got it's way and they were back in force ready to show everybody what we had been missing.Very little on this evidence.There was plenty of controlled possession in and around the centre circle but,far too often,we resorted to the bog standard cross, floated in at 2 miles a year,into the penalty box and,as we all know watching Stoke under Pullis,this is food and drink to their logs of wood at the back.No imagination from corner kicks either.It was as though we were trying to prove a point that we were better than them aerially.The best chances we created,one of which was the goal,was to run at their defence and pass through it.We must have bunged Fuller beforehand because his sending off was imbecilic.And quickly on the scene was Ambassador Drogba consoling Fuller.I think I preferred the old,snarling,cheating Drogba better.

On this pretty conclusive evidence,we've got a hell of a long way to go and a hell of a lot of changes of personnel to be made before we can claim to be challengers to Europe's best.

Football, mirror of life.

To be Europe's best any football club needs the best leadership.

Ferguson, Guardiola, Mourhino. Wenger gets a lot of stick but when Arsenal play, nobody does it better.

Sturridge can play football. So can Welbeck.

Kids in a park without shackles.

I agree with you about Sturridge.He's a good player but he's not as good as HE thinks he is.Unfortunately,he's one of maybe two players in the squad that can turn a defender so,we need him for now.I bet he was one of the group that took the piss out of Villas Boas in the 'car park deadline incident'.I'm sure he missed that sitter on purpose against West Brom to get Villas Boas booted out.Looking at the left sided midfield options,when Malouda was playing well,he was different class to Sturridge because he was willing to track back.Now,his demeanour gives you impression he couldn't give a toss.Gael Kakuta is the biggest kick in the <deleted>.He looked different tackle when he appeared on the scene but he's disappeared by the wayside.Gawd knows why.Mata is very good but he's been affected by the power struggle.Kalou's had a million chances.He will never be the answer to our problems.

I agree with you,i thought Kakuta was the dogs <deleted>,and Fulham fans that i know said he was was there best player when they had him on loan,but where is he now. Malouda could still do a job for us on wednesday,if his head is in the right place,him Essien Mikel Ramires,4 4 2,if Lampard plays i think we,ve had it.

Who ever comes in next season, will have a massive job on his hands,i think it will be Mouriniho and with whats going on at Liverpool,i,m pretty sure he will try and get Steve clarke back.Benitez may wan,t the job,but i,m not convinced by him,Moyes,he,s happy where he is and will not wan,t the challege that the Chelsea job is.imho.

I agree with you,i thought Kakuta was the dogs <deleted>,and Fulham fans that i know said he was was there best player when they had him on loan,but where is he now. Malouda could still do a job for us on wednesday,if his head is in the right place,him Essien Mikel Ramires,4 4 2,if Lampard plays i think we,ve had it.

Who ever comes in next season, will have a massive job on his hands,i think it will be Mouriniho and with whats going on at Liverpool,i,m pretty sure he will try and get Steve clarke back.Benitez may wan,t the job,but i,m not convinced by him,Moyes,he,s happy where he is and will not wan,t the challege that the Chelsea job is.imho.

Sorry to be repetitive. To be the best in Europe you need one of the best managers.

imho there aren't many around. Benitez and Moyes? Chelsea want results fast. Manager with proven credentials required. AVB was a long shot. 1 year at Porto and Europa League?

Impressive results for Man City with Mancini in the EPL but no result in The Champions League. Might take him a bit of time.

Chelsea are going through a transition. Old and new. Every club has that issue. Some manage it well like AF. No dramas just gets it sorted.

Barcelona and Real Madrid do too. Eleven fantastic players creating magic individually and collectively.

First question I would ask at the interview for the next Chelsea manager would be "Do you understand magic?".

Mourhino and Guardiola do and they have done it in Europe.

And whoever does get the job does not need Mr Abramovich interfering with the football or the team selection, or who gets bought and sold.

imo.

"If you loved me, you'd set me free".

Mr A needs to stay on his yacht.

Only he can make that decision.

Not his style though. Nouveau Riche.

The old joke about Germans and their beach towels pales into insignificance.

Chelsea need some Latin style.

imoh

And why aren't there any good women managing football clubs?

Every other business has women in management positions.

I can't see Mourhino managing a netball team can you?

Beach volleyball maybe.

Steady on,one step at a time.There are women referees and assistants,physios,even a commentator and,ofcourse,they have a Women's League.We can't have them stampeding into the inner sanctum just yet.

According to the Chelsea website,Kakuta is out on loan to the Ligue 1 club Dijon.He's played regularly for them and has rattled in a few goals.Chelsea must still think a lot of him because he signed a new contract in December 2010,keeping him at the club until 2015.He's still only 21 years old so there is still time for him to make the breakthrough.With him on the left wing and Iker Muniain (the world and his wife are after that kid) on the right,we just need a central midfield playmaker to tie it all up.

Incidently,I see Cahill is feathering his own nest by suggesting that Di Matteo keep his centre of defence partnership with Terry.A couple of points he should consider.Firstly,he's arsehol_e lucky that Ivanovic can play right back because he's different class to Cahill as a central defender.Secondly,Terry's time is limited.Thirdly,and whatever all the 'sheep' say,Luiz is a central defender.He's an adventurous,skilful, attacking defender who turns defence into attack by bursting forward into space to compliment the midfield.Martinez did it for Athletico Bilbao against United. Ofcourse,you do need the defensive midfielder to fall in behind when that happens.Essien is a must for that role.Statues in the mould of Richard Dunne and James Collins are dinosaurs now.

So I agree to be the best team in Europe you need one of the best managers.

It is just that it seems increasingly the case that you have to question the judgment of any manager who chooses to work for Roman (who seems to vaguely want to manage the club himself but blame the results on the manager.)

So a good manager and a Chelsea manager looks increasingly like becoming an oxymoron. It wasnt as though what happened to AVB was entirely unexpected.

http://hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/

It is just that it seems increasingly the case that you have to question the judgment of any manager who chooses to work for Roman (who seems to vaguely want to manage the club himself but blame the results on the manager.)

So a good manager and a Chelsea manager looks increasingly like becoming an oxymoron. It wasnt as though what happened to AVB was entirely unexpected.

http://hasandrevilla...nsackedyet.com/

I am thoroughly enjoying the situation but not in an unpleasant way. I just find it astounding how a guy can become a self made biliionaire and yet be such a seeming idiot. The owner that just won't keep his beak out of things, annual managerial sackings, the player power dominating the changing room, the most hated player/captain in the league, the most hated left back in the league, the 34 year old Lampard openly discussing his gripes with the media.....its all pure comedy.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease Roman, it just has to be Paolo Di Canio as your next manager. No brainer that.

http://hasandrevilla...nsackedyet.com/

I am thoroughly enjoying the situation but not in an unpleasant way. I just find it astounding how a guy can become a self made biliionaire and yet be such a seeming idiot. The owner that just won't keep his beak out of things, annual managerial sackings, the player power dominating the changing room, the most hated player/captain in the league, the most hated left back in the league, the 34 year old Lampard openly discussing his gripes with the media.....its all pure comedy.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease Roman, it just has to be Paolo Di Canio as your next manager. No brainer that.

Well 'self-made billionaire' is a pretty nice way of putting the way he 'borrowed' US$100m from Russian banks to rig a state auction to buy an asset that was actually worth US$13.1bn. But that is what guns and friends in high places did in Russia.

But I do agree it is quite funny. It is rather like Chelsea is a fairy tale whereby the evil billionaire comes in buys a club pokes his nose in where he shouldnt and fuc_ks everything up. Chelsea must be easily the most badly managed club in the League. It is hard to imagine they spend as much money as moneybags City (in other words say roughly twice Spurs) and look and what they have.

And consider people have called Carroll the worst Premier League transfer at 35m. AVB cost 28m to hire, 5m in wages and 20m to sack (including his staff). That is 53m in 8 months. At least if LFC wanted rid of Carroll I bet they could sell him for at least 10m.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Chelsea supporters. The fact is without Roman they really wouldnt have much of any club to support. It was pretty much broke when he took it over. He is entitled to interfere because he is prepared to get his cheque book out at the end of every year and pay for his mistakes. However, his undercover interference is now becoming a permanent handicap that is holding back the progress of the club. And the goodwill he has generated may evaporate quite rapidly.

According to the Chelsea website,Kakuta is out on loan to the Ligue 1 club Dijon.He's played regularly for them and has rattled in a few goals.Chelsea must still think a lot of him because he signed a new contract in December 2010,keeping him at the club until 2015.He's still only 21 years old so there is still time for him to make the breakthrough.With him on the left wing and Iker Muniain (the world and his wife are after that kid) on the right,we just need a central midfield playmaker to tie it all up.

Incidently,I see Cahill is feathering his own nest by suggesting that Di Matteo keep his centre of defence partnership with Terry.A couple of points he should consider.Firstly,he's arsehol_e lucky that Ivanovic can play right back because he's different class to Cahill as a central defender.Secondly,Terry's time is limited.Thirdly,and whatever all the 'sheep' say,Luiz is a central defender.He's an adventurous,skilful, attacking defender who turns defence into attack by bursting forward into space to compliment the midfield.Martinez did it for Athletico Bilbao against United. Ofcourse,you do need the defensive midfielder to fall in behind when that happens.Essien is a must for that role.Statues in the mould of Richard Dunne and James Collins are dinosaurs now.

Thats good news about Kakuta,oldgit. What a snake that cahill is,plays one game with terry against 10 men stoke(no pace at all) and this is the heart of the defence for the up and coming euro,s,don,t make me laugh. I hope terry pulls a hamstring in that fuc_king great ego of his and doesn,t start tonight. But we,ll see.

Not going too well is it?

Your winger is having a bad game tonight imo...replace him at HT. wink.png

Well you scored just after I posted....its turned into a good match this. You must score next I reckon or it could be curtains for Chelski.....

Any sign of the Russian in the crowd? biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36