Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Seapok is the only consistent thing about Chelsea. Come sunshine, rain or, as recently a plague of frogs, you still get the same straight-laced cut and paste jobby!

Haha yeah I know and I'm getting pretty bored of doing myself....seeing as the results haven't been great for a few months I can't summon the energy to think of something imaginative to talk about.

OG....up for a few beers in BKK come the end of April? :-)

Is that before or after the marathon? Definitely,mate,just name the time and place.

Seapok is the only consistent thing about Chelsea. Come sunshine, rain or, as recently a plague of frogs, you still get the same straight-laced cut and paste jobby!

Haha yeah I know and I'm getting pretty bored of doing myself....seeing as the results haven't been great for a few months I can't summon the energy to think of something imaginative to talk about.

OG....up for a few beers in BKK come the end of April? :-)

Is that before or after the marathon? Definitely,mate,just name the time and place.

I'm going to Thailand day after I do the marathon so will email you our schedule to give you a better idea of whats going on.....much needed win against the Brummies Saturday I'm hoping for to restore some confidence at least. I might even go for a Torres goal! haha

How on earth can a coach say that its not important to have the backing of the players as long as Roman likes his project. Does he think Roman will still like his project if you slip down to 7th?

I wonder if the bookies have him as next manager to get sacked? Shame in some ways but i feel his decision to join Chelsea was all about money anyway.

there seems to be this divisive element in your squad that will undermine any manager for their own personal interests, and its leaving AVB in an impossible position.

How on earth can a coach say that its not important to have the backing of the players as long as Roman likes his project. Does he think Roman will still like his project if you slip down to 7th?

I wonder if the bookies have him as next manager to get sacked? Shame in some ways but i feel his decision to join Chelsea was all about money anyway.

there seems to be this divisive element in your squad that will undermine any manager for their own personal interests, and its leaving AVB in an impossible position.

Yes they do at 6/4

Big game tonight boys, its going to be a tough one and no doubt if the result is negative then it will be the usual AVB has managed his last game, from what he has been saying in the media he feels he has the backing of the board.

We will see how much backing he has after tonights game....thats if we lose of course. I fancy it will be a 1-1 draw then 2-0 to us at the bridge. drunk.gif

Actually Chelsea are back to their classic management 'catch 22'. A new manager is brought in with the express purpose of rebuilding and recreating a new team. He needs to tear down the old one, recruit new players and this is all going to take time and patience and is certain to produce some hiccups in performance along the way.

Six months later when there is a bump in the results during the 'project', the manager finds himself relying totally on the results of the next 3 or 4 games in order to keep his job. So his natural tendency is to revert back to what has worked in the past - the old guard and the old tactics and to throw the entire 'new project' out of the window.

Then a couple of months later someone tells him - look you have made virtually no progress in rebuilding the team. You have basically kept the old one who might be doing ok but are nothing like as good as they were, so quite frankly you can go and we will get someone new.

Still I do like the rumors that the possible replacements for AVB are Capello and Hiddink. Two geriatric managers whose retirement should coincide nicely with Terry, Lampard's and Ashley Cole.

• Like 1

Actually Chelsea are back to their classic management 'catch 22'. A new manager is brought in with the express purpose of rebuilding and recreating a new team. He needs to tear down the old one, recruit new players and this is all going to take time and patience and is certain to produce some hiccups in performance along the way.

Six months later when there is a bump in the results during the 'project', the manager finds himself relying totally on the results of the next 3 or 4 games in order to keep his job. So his natural tendency is to revert back to what has worked in the past - the old guard and the old tactics and to throw the entire 'new project' out of the window.

Then a couple of months later someone tells him - look you have made virtually no progress in rebuilding the team. You have basically kept the old one who might be doing ok but are nothing like as good as they were, so quite frankly you can go and we will get someone new.

Still I do like the rumors that the possible replacements for AVB are Capello and Hiddink. Two geriatric managers whose retirement should coincide nicely with Terry, Lampard's and Ashley Cole.

Everybody knows that the trophy Abramovich covets the most is the Champions League.He certainly won't be achieving his goal this year with this squad of players.They are not good enough and there are too many players in the team that couldn't give a shit.The quicker they go,the better.You could have Jesus Christ managing this lot and you still wouldn't win it.As an intelligent man,he's got to face that fact.For this reason,I watched the game last night quite relaxed.

Napoli showed what a good team they are going forward and,unusually for an italian team,quite direct,looking to get the ball to their front men as quickly as possible.Their achilles heel is undoubtedly their defence.

I blame John Terry for the revolving door of sacked managers and it's nothing to do with racist abuse charges or extra marital affairs.No,he missed the penalty that would have won the trophy against United.If that had gone in,the pressure would have been off.The fact that Chelsea and Arsenal are teetering on the edge of elimination at the knockout stage and,the supposed two best teams in the Premier League were dumped out at the group stage,shows how mediocre in quality the Premier League has become this season.

Incidentally,for those calling for Villas Boas's head to roll,how can a coach be responsible for the elementary mistakes and the appalling lack of concentration that an individual player makes while on the field of play? Why would a coach have to tell Raul Meireles that you don't turn your back on an opposing player with the ball but close him down?Why would Villas Boas have to tell David Luiz that you must concentrate at all times or you will be punished? That should come from within.

One of the things that undermines Chelsea managers is the deafening silence from Abromavich.

While AVB says he has a project to rebuild the team over two years, the owners silence implies that whether he will or will not depends on how the results go over the short term. So the players who are likely to be replaced feel they can undermine that goal through poor short term results.

Ultimately the Lampard, Terry's, Cole's etc do not feel the manager has the authority to replace them for a long term goal and they have the authority to replace him through short term results.

Everybody knows that the trophy Abramovich covets the most is the Champions League.He certainly won't be achieving his goal this year with this squad of players.They are not good enough and there are too many players in the team that couldn't give a shit.The quicker they go,the better.You could have Jesus Christ managing this lot and you still wouldn't win it.As an intelligent man,he's got to face that fact.For this reason,I watched the game last night quite relaxed.

Napoli showed what a good team they are going forward and,unusually for an italian team,quite direct,looking to get the ball to their front men as quickly as possible.Their achilles heel is undoubtedly their defence.

I blame John Terry for the revolving door of sacked managers and it's nothing to do with racist abuse charges or extra marital affairs.No,he missed the penalty that would have won the trophy against United.If that had gone in,the pressure would have been off.The fact that Chelsea and Arsenal are teetering on the edge of elimination at the knockout stage and,the supposed two best teams in the Premier League were dumped out at the group stage,shows how mediocre in quality the Premier League has become this season.

Incidentally,for those calling for Villas Boas's head to roll,how can a coach be responsible for the elementary mistakes and the appalling lack of concentration that an individual player makes while on the field of play? Why would a coach have to tell Raul Meireles that you don't turn your back on an opposing player with the ball but close him down?Why would Villas Boas have to tell David Luiz that you must concentrate at all times or you will be punished? That should come from within.

Somehow, to me at least, Chelsea's downward slope seems to be from the same time they dumped Ray Wilkins. Maybe I'm totally off the mark and giving him more credit than he deserves but it does seem coincidental.

I think that the EPL has just continued the mediocrity it developed last season Old Git.

Management of the English game needs to take action and the English clubs need to take a longer term view and stop milking the golden goose (to horribly mix my metaphors). The Milk Cup needs to be cancelled for PL teams and a winter break should be introduced to cut down on the impact of injuries in our cold climate (yes - I know I would say that as a Gooner). Alternatively they should consider cutting the League to 18 teams.

Management will not take any such action because they cannot see beyond their noses, fuelled by the sycophancy of TV commentators who have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth of the EPL's predominance. Also they are mostly poor businessmen. The English game will wane in influence, although it will take a few years to really show through as overseas markets will drift away from English TV rights towards the other big 3 only gradually - but that process is already happening. The next signs will be that we will notice star players becoming less inclined to sign for English clubs.

I expect Germany to be the biggest League within 10 years, closely followed by Spain.

Edit: maybe some of this stuff will come to the fore if and when ManYoo and ManC are eliminated from the Europa League by some upstart Turkish, Ukrainian or other similar outfit.

Edited by SantiSuk

I think that the EPL has just continued the mediocrity it developed last season Old Git.

Management of the English game needs to take action and the English clubs need to take a longer term view and stop milking the golden goose (to horribly mix my metaphors). The Milk Cup needs to be cancelled for PL teams and a winter break should be introduced to cut down on the impact of injuries in our cold climate (yes - I know I would say that as a Gooner). Alternatively they should consider cutting the League to 18 teams.

Management will not take any such action because they cannot see beyond their noses, fuelled by the sycophancy of TV commentators who have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth of the EPL's predominance. Also they are mostly poor businessmen. The English game will wane in influence, although it will take a few years to really show through as overseas markets will drift away from English TV rights towards the other big 3 only gradually - but that process is already happening. The next signs will be that we will notice star players becoming less inclined to sign for English clubs.

I expect Germany to be the biggest League within 10 years, closely followed by Spain.

Edit: maybe some of this stuff will come to the fore if and when ManYoo and ManC are eliminated from the Europa League by some upstart Turkish, Ukrainian or other similar outfit.

Interesting comment about the German League. Has anyone thought why TV rights in the UK are 3x Germany but Bayern makes double the commercial income of Liverpool. Or why Bayern match day revenues are so low but they are the 4th largest revenue earner in the world.

Sorry I doubt anyone is even interested. But you know football has different worlds.

i think that the bayern munich business model, and indeed that of the bundesliga as a whole, is really interesting. lot smarter than the english one.

anyway, since this is the chelsea thread - please, please, please let rafa benitez not be your next manager. do not want to see that. but it's looking increasingly possible.

i think that the bayern munich business model, and indeed that of the bundesliga as a whole, is really interesting. lot smarter than the english one.

anyway, since this is the chelsea thread - please, please, please let rafa benitez not be your next manager. do not want to see that. but it's looking increasingly possible.

Wouldn't it be as a caretaker until the end of the season with his agenda being CL qualification? Frankly it would be a nice little earner and if he does a good job it wouldn't hurt his chances of a position at a big club next season. How about a Mourinho/Benitez swap? And i really hope AVB is pencilled on Levy's shortlist.

Wouldn't it be as a caretaker until the end of the season with his agenda being CL qualification? Frankly it would be a nice little earner and if he does a good job it wouldn't hurt his chances of a position at a big club next season. How about a Mourinho/Benitez swap? And i really hope AVB is pencilled on Levy's shortlist.

rafa doesn't need the money and i don't think it would be short-term either. people forget how staggeringly good he is at setting teams up for european matches and two-legged ties. what trophy does abramovich want to win more than any other?

i just don't want to see rafa at another english club to be honest, would do my head in.

rafa doesn't need the money and i don't think it would be short-term either. people forget how staggeringly good he is at setting teams up for european matches and two-legged ties. what trophy does abramovich want to win more than any other?

i just don't want to see rafa at another english club to be honest, would do my head in.

Can you imagine Rafa going 1-0 against Napoli and losing 3-1?

Anyway as Carmine says you work for Roman for the money not for the job. So essentially you can argue that AVB should be sacked for taking the job in the first place.

For Chelsea to move forward with direction and purpose,the banners at Stamford Bridge proclaiming Terry, Lampard etc as legends have to come down.

Avb in my opinion is not the man for the job,or man enough for the job. He had 5 pre season friendlies to show us what he can bring to this club and starts the opening game of the season by playing (i haven,t got a clue) Kalou. Ten minutes into that game,a Stoke throw in 30 yards out from the corner flag and we have 11 players in the box ughhhhhhhhh Its Stoke <deleted> not Barcelona in the semi final and we are 1 nil up with 2 minutes to play. We are so bloody negative.

If Terry,s injury is as bad as it seems,and we are knocked out of both the Fa cup and Champions league,don,t be surpised to see him and Super Frank angling to be the next dynamic duo in charge for next season.

Anyway as Carmine says you work for Roman for the money not for the job. So essentially you can argue that AVB should be sacked for taking the job in the first place.

What i would also say is that if Abramovich sacks him iminently, when the lad has been tasked with carrying the squad through a transition then Chelsea fully deserve to implode and miss the CL. They are simply giving in to the old guard who have quite clearly become divisive and should basically accept their age and they are not the future. In other words Lampard, grow old with some grace.

What i would also say is that if Abramovich sacks him iminently, when the lad has been tasked with carrying the squad through a transition then Chelsea fully deserve to implode and miss the CL. They are simply giving in to the old guard who have quite clearly become divisive and should basically accept their age and they are not the future. In other words Lampard, grow old with some grace.

it's what abramovich does though. pay a fortune for a new manager every year (14m in AVB's case), get disillusioned with him when they don't steamroller everyone before them, listen to the gossip from the senior players, sack the guy before he's had a chance to put any kind of a strategy in place. he's an idiot. don't know why he gets such an easy press to be honest.

it's what abramovich does though. pay a fortune for a new manager every year (14m in AVB's case), get disillusioned with him when they don't steamroller everyone before them, listen to the gossip from the senior players, sack the guy before he's had a chance to put any kind of a strategy in place. he's an idiot. don't know why he gets such an easy press to be honest.

Villas-Boas was ill advised to go to Chelsea in the first place. I doubt one of his mentors, the late Sir Bobby Robson would have given the move a green light.

Anyway i'm sure he will be sacked but equally sure his career will get back on track. He would be on my shortlist for the Spurs job as i have already said.

Ultimately Chelsea "transition" will be made simply by spending shedloads of dosh in the summer and then in five years time they'll be back in the same situation as now.

Somehow, to me at least, Chelsea's downward slope seems to be from the same time they dumped Ray Wilkins. Maybe I'm totally off the mark and giving him more credit than he deserves but it does seem coincidental.

I noticed the level of performance from the team starting to drop off just prior to Wilkins's sacking. I had it on good authority from a sports lawyer (who happened to be Russian) that Wilkins was a drinker and came into training drunk a few times.Ancellotti got him off the hook more than once but then Drogba and his minions got the arse ache and went straight to Abramovich,Terry,Lampard and Cole,who were close to Wilkins didn't like it and you then had a classic case of a divided team.

europe-england-money-laundering-washing.jpg

Is that because you think he's different class,Stevie,or you think he's an idiot and wouldn't want any Premier League club to be landed with him?

Is that because you think he's different class,Stevie,or you think he's an idiot and wouldn't want any Premier League club to be landed with him?

because i think he'd improve chelsea hugely OG and i don't want to see that. he's still an excellent manager.

It's difficult to know what Abramovich is thinking as he never gives interviews to the English media (can you blame him?).I believe he has a page in the match programme in which he comments on his plans for the club,though.When he appointed Villas Boas,my first thought was that he was looking for another Mourinho,Villas Boas being part of HIS back room staff and consequently,familiar with the club's ambitions.Then,I started to think that this was the catalyst for getting rid of the old guard,as they hadn't given Abramovich what he wanted most and that his remit was to rebuild.What Villas Boas and,particularly,Abramovich didn't know was that Torres, the 'marquee signing',who was bought to bag at least 20 goals a season,was to fail so dismally.He was where the goals were supposed to come from,with a few thrown in from Mata,Lampard and Sturridge.That hasn't happened and that is why,unfairly in my opinion,Villas Boas has taken the flak.

It's difficult to know what Abramovich is thinking as he never gives interviews to the English media (can you blame him?)

doesn't speak particularly good english does he?

He speaks very good English,apparently.I've just read that he's objected to the initial planning proposals to turn the future Earls Court redevelopment into a "wholly residential site". His argument is that the area needs a stadium as well as housing. Having dealt with the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea on significantly smaller planning issues,I don't think he'll get his way with those stuck up c**ts.Saying that,it doesn't sound like a man who's going to walk away from the club,as some reports have suggested.

Quite spectacular goings on at Chelsea reportedly.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip/7539500/The-Chelsea-Gossip

Do you really think a player would tell a manager that he would never win anything with his tactics.

And I am amazed that Lampard is eloquent enough to accuse AVB of sacrificing players for his personal vindication. I wonder if AVB knew what he was talking about.

It's difficult to know what Abramovich is thinking as he never gives interviews to the English media (can you blame him?)

He speaks very good English,apparently.I've just read that he's objected to the initial planning proposals to turn the future Earls Court redevelopment into a "wholly residential site". His argument is that the area needs a stadium as well as housing. Having dealt with the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea on significantly smaller planning issues,I don't think he'll get his way with those stuck up c**ts.Saying that,it doesn't sound like a man who's going to walk away from the club,as some reports have suggested.

I dont think he does. He certainly didnt speak English at his recent trial and only spoke Russian which was then translated.

I dont think he does. He certainly didnt speak English at his recent trial and only spoke Russian which was then translated.

Perhaps he was being coy,Ab. I'll just show the anorak side to my character,now.....The London Independent...12th. Feb. 2005.....written by Jason Burt entitled 'Wholly Roman Empire'........."not because he can't speak English - his English,which was non existent is now reasonably good".I wouldn't have thought his command of it had gone backwards since then.