Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Hallo Blues fans,

congratulations to the 4 : 1 victory over Napoli of Italy. With this win Chelsea overturned the two-goal deficit from the first leg and secured a spot in the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Good luck for the next round.

Wonderful entertainment. Ivanovic goal in extra time puts Chelsea through 5-4 on aggregate (4-1 on the night). They will hope to avoid the big 2 in Spain in last eight or indeed Bayern Munich but would surely run into one of them in the semis if they make it that far.

who is the chelsea manager again?

538070630.png?key=884490

Yeah it was quite clear what was going on there. The manager was dithering and Terry took the right decision to reorganise the defence. Made his boss look a complete tit of course.

Not that that matters at Chelski of course! laugh.png

Terrific performance from the team although the headlines will focus on the 'old guard' bagging three of the goals.Looking beyond the scoreline and analysing their performances individually,Drogba,as usual and when he fancies it,terrified the Napoli central defence with his strength and aerial ability which he was entitled to do against two poor defenders.Lampard scored the penalty and did little else but put players in trouble with his get-out-of-jail passes.Terry defended doggedly but it's his leadership qualities and the respect he gets from the rest of the team that are his main assets.

No,for me the true stars of the performance were Luiz,Ivanovic,Essien and, particularly Ramires who was absolutely outstanding.He was everywhere,popping up on the wing,to set up the winner,and bursting through the middle.He never stopped and it was lucky for Lampard that he was around to help him out of the mire.Mata withdrew before the final whistle and didn't have a very effective game.I may be wrong but I think he's been carrying an injury for the last month.He hasn't got the acceleration that he showed earlier in the year and is loath to get involved with any one-on-one tackles.I was perturbed to see Torres's reaction at the end of the match.The rest of the team,substitutes,coach and backroom staff were giving it the 'high five' treatment but he sloped off on his own.Although he played well,he doesn't give you the impression that he fits in.I reckon Meireles and him were pro Villas Boas.

who is the chelsea manager again?

538070630.png?key=884490

Yeah it was quite clear what was going on there. The manager was dithering and Terry took the right decision to reorganise the defence. Made his boss look a complete tit of course.

Not that that matters at Chelski of course! laugh.png

Yeah,controversy is our middle name.

Terry didn't pull a hamstring,Keith,so you didn't get your wish! Mind you,Cahill was put in his place when Terry went off only to be replaced by Bosingwa with the outstanding Ivanovic going to centre back.Don't get me wrong,he's not bad but,because he's an England international (as if that matters),he shouldn't think that his place in the side is a shoe in.

Italy having had a brief resurgence, must have felt a bit nose-out-of-joint after Arsenal and Chelsea put 7 goals past their defences. 7 countries represented in the quarters this year (2 from Spain as per normal) - must be a long time since that happened. Cyprus being one of the countries!

Its gotta be one of RMA, Barca or Bayern to lift the trophy. I hope for Chelsea to avoid those three for the next two rounds - they could make the final in that event. Nicosia, Marseilles, AC Milan and Benfica are eminently beatable on normal form.

Italy having had a brief resurgence, must have felt a bit nose-out-of-joint after Arsenal and Chelsea put 7 goals past their defences. 7 countries represented in the quarters this year (2 from Spain as per normal) - must be a long time since that happened. Cyprus being one of the countries!

Its gotta be one of RMA, Barca or Bayern to lift the trophy. I hope for Chelsea to avoid those three for the next two rounds - they could make the final in that event. Nicosia, Marseilles, AC Milan and Benfica are eminently beatable on normal form.

So are Chelsea! biggrin.png

Terrific performance from the team although the headlines will focus on the 'old guard' bagging three of the goals.Looking beyond the scoreline and analysing their performances individually,Drogba,as usual and when he fancies it,terrified the Napoli central defence with his strength and aerial ability which he was entitled to do against two poor defenders.Lampard scored the penalty and did little else but put players in trouble with his get-out-of-jail passes.Terry defended doggedly but it's his leadership qualities and the respect he gets from the rest of the team that are his main assets.

No,for me the true stars of the performance were Luiz,Ivanovic,Essien and, particularly Ramires who was absolutely outstanding.He was everywhere,popping up on the wing,to set up the winner,and bursting through the middle.He never stopped and it was lucky for Lampard that he was around to help him out of the mire.Mata withdrew before the final whistle and didn't have a very effective game.I may be wrong but I think he's been carrying an injury for the last month.He hasn't got the acceleration that he showed earlier in the year and is loath to get involved with any one-on-one tackles.I was perturbed to see Torres's reaction at the end of the match.The rest of the team,substitutes,coach and backroom staff were giving it the 'high five' treatment but he sloped off on his own.Although he played well,he doesn't give you the impression that he fits in.I reckon Meireles and him were pro Villas Boas.

Agee 100 percent with your match summary oldgit,but have to add sturridge,yet again fuc_king useless,just wonder how selfish he will be on sunday when he gets the nod.Yep cahill well and truly put in his place,that can be a good thing. Changes for sundays game,probably 4, then man city same side as last night.Can,t wait to get back to england these early hour games are taking it,s toll.

Agee 100 percent with your match summary oldgit,but have to add sturridge,yet again fuc_king useless,just wonder how selfish he will be on sunday when he gets the nod.Yep cahill well and truly put in his place,that can be a good thing. Changes for sundays game,probably 4, then man city same side as last night.Can,t wait to get back to england these early hour games are taking it,s toll.

Sturridge will probably be playing Sunday,mate.Cahill will play alongside Ivanovic as Terry and Luiz both picked up knocks.I don't mind getting up in the early hours,shouting and hollering all on my tod.Don't tell me you are looking forward to getting back to the Land of the Stepford Wives except that they all want to look like Jocky Wilson (well the do where I used to live anyway).

Champions League 1/4 Final:

Apeol v Real Madrid

Marseille V Bayern Munich

Benfica v Chelsea

Milan v Barcelona

Semi Final draw

Marseille or Bayern Munich v Apeol or Real Madrid

Benfica or Chelsea v Milan or Barcelona.

Apeol v Real Madrid

Benfica v Chelsea

Milan v Barcelona

Semi Final draw

Remmarkable how the best 3 clubs avoided each other innit? Abrak would be able to tell us what the odds are of that happening (and I could work it out if I were not so lazy). The hand of God strikes again!

Sturridge will probably be playing Sunday,mate.Cahill will play alongside Ivanovic as Terry and Luiz both picked up knocks.I don't mind getting up in the early hours,shouting and hollering all on my tod.Don't tell me you are looking forward to getting back to the Land of the Stepford Wives except that they all want to look like Jocky Wilson (well the do where I used to live anyway).

No Jocky wilson look a likes in Staines Oidgit. I miss the banter that i have with my fellow caddies,they are a mixture of mancs gooners and 4 b 2,s,never a dull moment. Can,t complain about the draw,fancy 2-2 in portugal which should be enough. Just 2 more early hour games and thats it.

Apeol v Real Madrid

Benfica v Chelsea

Milan v Barcelona

Semi Final draw

Remmarkable how the best 3 clubs avoided each other innit? Abrak would be able to tell us what the odds are of that happening (and I could work it out if I were not so lazy). The hand of God strikes again!

Well thats because its rigged. Sepp and his cadre of crooks want an El Classico final.

They are also stopping goaline technology for example because its much easier to fix a game without replays.

Since this is the Chavs thread i will cite possibly the most blatent match rigging in recent years ...second leg semi final Chelsea v Barca. Chelsea totally out played barca and should have had about three penalties. Norwegian ref picked who was unfit to ref an U10 game. Nice one Sepp....there was no way he was allowing another all English final.

57%

Eh?

The probability of the top 3 teams not meeting each other in the quarter finals.

Theres no such thing as probability when FIFA are involved. Try inevitability.

Sad but so so true !! i should have put money on real and barca being seeded apart.

As for chelsea good luck, be hard to beat benfica as Stevieh said they are no mugs, a barca chelsea semi would be good to see, would chelsea get revenge?.

I very much doubt they would get revenge nev. This Chelsea set up is nowhere near as good. That semi final 2nd leg left me wondering why i bother to watch football it was so poorly orchestrated. Total insult to all football fans. I remember speaking to a Spanish mate that supports Barca and he was horrified by it and said winning the competition after that meant nothing to him.