Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

My verdict from yesterday is that Chelsea look far from being dominant this year. They had good spells, but they don't seem to press or challenge for sustained periods. Too many players went missing yesterday and considering the supposed talent in midfield, failed to deliver.

Torres looked good, he just needs to stop running into players to get a free kick and take them on.

Hazard showed some good moves, but judgement is pending on how good he is.

Mata went missing, as did Lampard, Ramires and Mikel. City bossed the midfield.

Defence was ok, even though we conceded 3 goals, to get a clean sheet with city is no easy task, let alone with 10 men.

Overall I think a 3-2 loss to city with 10 men is not a terrible result.

Prediction for the epl is that Chelsea will be second or third. Winning is not out of the question but I think we will need time to settle and city will hit the ground running. Whatever our point deficit is by new year, I think it will be smaller at the end of the season.

Chelsea don't need to buy another player, the squad is fine. Bertrand looks good, Sturridge is good enough as back up to Torres, midfield is over flowing, defence has no major problems. My only concern is that Chelsea can get bullied on the pitch as the midfielders are quiet small considering how strong our players used to be - Ramires is the only player that can't be pushed around even though he is small.

I await the flaming. Lol.

Why would we flame you? you have admitted your team is not good enough to win the league even after all the money that you have spent, only thing you could get flamed on is saying you will finish 2nd or 3rd, you will be fighting out for 4th spot at the best.

My verdict from yesterday is that Chelsea look far from being dominant this year. They had good spells, but they don't seem to press or challenge for sustained periods. Too many players went missing yesterday and considering the supposed talent in midfield, failed to deliver.

Torres looked good, he just needs to stop running into players to get a free kick and take them on.

Defence was ok, even though we conceded 3 goals, to get a clean sheet with city is no easy task, let alone with 10 men.

Prediction for the epl is that Chelsea will be second or third. Winning is not out of the question but I think we will need time to settle and city will hit the ground running. Whatever our point deficit is by new year, I think it will be smaller at the end of the season.

Chelsea don't need to buy another player, the squad is fine. Bertrand looks good, Sturridge is good enough as back up to Torres, midfield is over flowing, defence has no major problems. My only concern is that Chelsea can get bullied on the pitch as the midfielders are quiet small considering how strong our players used to be - Ramires is the only player that can't be pushed around even though he is small.

Flamings not allowed mate. Anyways, why would that happen. This is not one of your silly posts! With all due respect to your manager i'm not sure he'll be able to gel a title winning team together in time either but you'd be rightly mortified not to claim a top four spot

defence has no major problems.

I see time and time again where the forward nicks the ball pass the defender, goes to run round the defender and the defender blocks him off, usual commentators comments are, the forward ran into the defender to get a free kick, the defender couldnt get out of the way etc, total <deleted> if you ask me, if your talking about the same incident as i recall yesterday then Torres was clearly blocked off and you could see by his facial expression that he felt he was blocked off !

If someone is running around someone then no one is in the way otherwise he wouldn't be running around him !!!!

Isn't your defence a bit light in numbers compared to the midfield and forward line ? plus Ruiz is still very unpredictable, Terry getting slower by the day ( all though he makes up for that with his experience), Ivanovic a makeweight right back.

Apart from the back 4 from yesterday who else do you have in the squad ?

Flamings not allowed mate. Anyways, why would that happen. This is not one of your silly posts! With all due respect to your manager i'm not sure he'll be able to gel a title winning team together in time either but you'd be rightly mortified not to claim a top four spot

In my view,De Matteo made an error by switching Ramires to right back when Ivanovic was red carded. I expected him to bring in Cahill alongside Terry and switch Luiz to right back. Ramires should have been kept on the right side of midfield where his pace and power is needed.

City were given far too much space on the flanks which suggests to me that there is a lack of communication between the full backs and wide midfield players. Mata looked tired and jaded and,what with Mickel being bypassed too many times,Hazard and Lampard were up against it. The form of Torres was a big plus for us.

I see time and time again where the forward nicks the ball pass the defender, goes to run round the defender and the defender blocks him off, usual commentators comments are, the forward ran into the defender to get a free kick, the defender couldnt get out of the way etc, total <deleted> if you ask me, if your talking about the same incident as i recall yesterday then Torres was clearly blocked off and you could see by his facial expression that he felt he was blocked off !

If someone is running around someone then no one is in the way otherwise he wouldn't be running around him !!!!

Isn't your defence a bit light in numbers compared to the midfield and forward line ? plus Ruiz is still very unpredictable, Terry getting slower by the day ( all though he makes up for that with his experience), Ivanovic a makeweight right back.

We desperately need an accomplished right back as Ivanovic is really a centre back. That will mean that he can battle over the two central slots with Luiz,Cahill and Terry.A very good position for the club to be in,I reckon.

We desperately need an accomplished right back as Ivanovic is really a centre back. That will mean that he can battle over the two central slots with Luiz,Cahill and Terry.A very good position for the club to be in,I reckon.

you're still trying for cesar azpilicueta from marseille apparently. he's not bad.

you're still trying for cesar azpilicueta from marseille apparently. he's not bad.

I heard about that,Stevie. Apparently,we had a bid rejected last month.Young,up-and-coming player who's got his best days ahead of him and not the obvious,overpriced has- beens peddled by some clubs.

I think your best back for looks like this. Solid and good movement

Luiz Cahill Ivanovich Cole

Back line to chose from, Terry, Luiz, Cahill, Cole Ivanovic, Bertrand and Hutchinson.

But still no top class right back amongst that lot,mij. As much as I would like to see Hutchinson fill that spot,he's more comfortable as a central defender. We need a direct replacement for Bosingwa,good at bursting forward but someone who can tackle as well. Bosingwa was a miserable failure on the latter.

I see time and time again where the forward nicks the ball pass the defender, goes to run round the defender and the defender blocks him off, usual commentators comments are, the forward ran into the defender to get a free kick, the defender couldnt get out of the way etc, total &lt;deleted&gt; if you ask me, if your talking about the same incident as i recall yesterday then Torres was clearly blocked off and you could see by his facial exp<b></b>ression that he felt he was blocked off !

I think your best back for looks like this. Solid and good movement

Luiz Cahill Ivanovich Cole

The Luiz red mist incident on Sunday would be a bit worrying to me if I was a Blue. He looks unconvincing IMO.

OG....hows it going mate? did you see my pic on FB with Pongprayoon? he is from your province right? the missus was on live Thai tv that day too, quite funny seeing that.

Looks like you have your wish of filling that RB slot, apparently Azpilicueta's people are in London discussing personal terms for the promising Spaniard thumbsup.gif

Even though Ivan is not an RB, he can do it quite well. Do you think Azpilteyufsetyui will displace him immediately?

Looks like you've got your fingers in a right tangle,mij! I think De Matteo will give Azpilicueta a game or two on the bench before bringing him in full time.Ivanovic is a very serious contender for a place in the centre of defence,The fact is that Terry is under pressure to keep his place now that Luiz has had a full season under his belt. I always thought that Luiz was bought to replace Terry eventually. Cahill has proven to be a lot better than I thought he would be.

OG....hows it going mate? did you see my pic on FB with Pongprayoon? he is from your province right? the missus was on live Thai tv that day too, quite funny seeing that.

Looks like you have your wish of filling that RB slot, apparently Azpilicueta's people are in London discussing personal terms for the promising Spaniard thumbsup.gif

Going good,Sea'. Yep, I did see the picture and showed it to the missus.She was very impressed.I dropped you a message on FB today. Good news about Azpilicueta. Let's hope he's not another enigma like Bosingwa.

Do you think our team are a bit weak physically? Mata, Marin and Hazard are only 5ft 7, Oscar 5 10 but not big built and Torres can get bullied of the ball.

Last year I noticed we got bullied of the ball by Arsenal of all teams! Before we were the steamroller, now.......?

Do you think our team are a bit weak physically? Mata, Marin and Hazard are only 5ft 7, Oscar 5 10 but not big built and Torres can get bullied of the ball.

Last year I noticed we got bullied of the ball by Arsenal of all teams! Before we were the steamroller, now.......?

Don't worry, JT has your back ;)

Still don,t think RDM is the man to take us forward for this coming season,and put us in a positon to challenge for the league title. For him to stay he needs a good thinking reliable number 2 with good imput into tactics and style of play Eddie Newton (nice bloke) doesn,t fit the bill. First 3 games of the season are tough and 5 points won,t be good enough.

I can see him going the way of big Phil and will be gone before Christmas. Shoot me down if you wan,t.

Wouldn,t surprise me to see Harry in charge or Gus Poyet.

Still don,t think RDM is the man to take us forward for this coming season,and put us in a positon to challenge for the league title. For him to stay he needs a good thinking reliable number 2 with good imput into tactics and style of play Eddie Newton (nice bloke) doesn,t fit the bill. First 3 games of the season are tough and 5 points won,t be good enough.

I can see him going the way of big Phil and will be gone before Christmas. Shoot me down if you wan,t.

Yeah, Ari's your man 113.gif

• Like 1

For the last couple of seasons,we've lacked pace in midfield.I think,as far as Arsenal was concerned,they were just quicker to the ball than we were. That was accentuated by the high line Villas Boas was trying to play with slow players who are much happier with the play in front of them. Now we've got a chance to completely rejig our midfield with quick,tricky footballers. All De Matteo has got to do now is have the balls to use them. Torres was a very dispondent figure on the pitch last season.Even I would have shoved him off the ball,such was his demeanour. I think you'll see a different Torres this year now Drogba's cleared off.

Not bent 'Arry, Keith !

Not bent 'Arry, Keith !

Is there any other Oldgitlaugh.png

Ok, 3 points. Not a great performance but we have 3 games in 6 days, so not panicking. Hazard looked quit good and even though Wigan has spells of possession, we didn't really look in danger, just soaking up the pressure. Can't play like that against stronger teams, sure, but happy with the result.

Your guys will not win another trophy until management accepts that Torres is never going to justify his price tag and replace him with a top tier striker. {yes I know we threw ours away!}.

I just have this feeling that everyone here will be collecting their pensions and still discussing if Torres is going to come good this season.

Your guys will not win another trophy until management accepts that Torres is never going to justify his price tag and replace him with a top tier striker. {yes I know we threw ours away!}.

I just have this feeling that everyone here will be collecting their pensions and still discussing if Torres is going to come good this season.

Torres could be the player of the season but how on earth would that justify that ridiculous price tag.

I, for what its worth think he'll have a great season.

Torres will score goals if he is played regularly now that Drogba has departed he will enjoy being the main man.

Carmine shouldn't you be asking why Adebayor is not in your team and what will he be doing this season at City??