Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

God, you don't half get some village idiots on the sofa in the Premier League Show, this time hosted by James Riuchardson. Danny (huh) Mills and Ian Dowie were the protagonists last night with Mills, in his usual conceited manner, giving his views on why a certain defender should have cut out an attack that led to a goal. By slowing the play down, then speeding it up a touch then......wait, slowing it down again 15 times, he made his point. " What's he doing there? I mean (huh) that's appalling defending. And what's he doing? Nothing, I mean (huh) that's unbelievable". He has an irritating habit of exhaling a grunt every half a dozen words as though he's saying " Why am I wasting my time here? I understand it so why doesn't everybody else?" An utter knob. Then there was old stalwart Dowie, barely understandable as his utterances tail off with the omission of the last letter of every word he says, but desperately wanting to be liked by his opposite number........"As Danny says...." or "As Danny rightly points out".....or "Danny would never defend like that in his playing days". Vomit inducing.

But the comment that got me wrenching was that " Pardew outMourinhoed Mourinho!" Now Bill Shankley once said "Football is a simple game" but not according to these cretins. The way they were waxing lyrical over the tactics of Pardew, anyone would think he was the ultimate font of knowledge.

Did anyone think that the game would be played any different? If Pardew's tactics were startling then so was Gus Poyet's the previous weekend. Except that his side only drew, hence the lack of adulation, while Newcastle did a smash and grab. What is so bewidering, when an inferior team comes up against a team that was 6 points clear at the top of League, and decides to organise and defend in numbers,then counter attack when the opportunity arises, which is exactly what Pardew did? Clever? Do me a favour. If he had any pretentions of getting something out of the game, that was the ONLY way to set your team up.

Feel better for that Oldgit? Ex footballer pundits are mostly annoying as hell and only the real ex-heros like Linneker and Shearer have any smidgeon of credibility when it comes to criticising a player's capabilities.

Neville is of course the great exception to that. He's the only one I'll put me fork down and listen to!

God, you don't half get some village idiots on the sofa in the Premier League Show, this time hosted by James Riuchardson. Danny (huh) Mills and Ian Dowie were the protagonists last night with Mills, in his usual conceited manner, giving his views on why a certain defender should have cut out an attack that led to a goal. By slowing the play down, then speeding it up a touch then......wait, slowing it down again 15 times, he made his point. " What's he doing there? I mean (huh) that's appalling defending. And what's he doing? Nothing, I mean (huh) that's unbelievable". He has an irritating habit of exhaling a grunt every half a dozen words as though he's saying " Why am I wasting my time here? I understand it so why doesn't everybody else?" An utter knob. Then there was old stalwart Dowie, barely understandable as his utterances tail off with the omission of the last letter of every word he says, but desperately wanting to be liked by his opposite number........"As Danny says...." or "As Danny rightly points out".....or "Danny would never defend like that in his playing days". Vomit inducing.

But the comment that got me wrenching was that " Pardew outMourinhoed Mourinho!" Now Bill Shankley once said "Football is a simple game" but not according to these cretins. The way they were waxing lyrical over the tactics of Pardew, anyone would think he was the ultimate font of knowledge.

Did anyone think that the game would be played any different? If Pardew's tactics were startling then so was Gus Poyet's the previous weekend. Except that his side only drew, hence the lack of adulation, while Newcastle did a smash and grab. What is so bewidering, when an inferior team comes up against a team that was 6 points clear at the top of League, and decides to organise and defend in numbers,then counter attack when the opportunity arises, which is exactly what Pardew did? Clever? Do me a favour. If he had any pretentions of getting something out of the game, that was the ONLY way to set your team up.

Feel better for that Oldgit? Ex footballer pundits are mostly annoying as hell and only the real ex-heros like Linneker and Shearer have any smidgeon of credibility when it comes to criticising a player's capabilities.

Neville is of course the great exception to that. He's the only one I'll put me fork down and listen to!

Euphoric Santi. I don't know if you watch the programme as well but, the hosts being ex journos, know more about the game than these jumped up has beens will ever know. That's why I look forward to the Wednesday night's show more than any other.

Incidently, why isn't Podolski a regular in the Arsenal team? I'm not being a johnny-come-lately because he scored a couple the other night as I've always rated him highly. I suspect his temperament might be the answer.

I didn't see the game last night but, looking at the highlights, that was a very classy finish by Schurrle. Good to see Loftus-Cheek get an appearance. A youngster of huge potential. It's down to him and his application to the task ahead whether he ends up in obscurity like McCeachran and Kakuta.

Euphoric Santi. I don't know if you watch the programme as well but, the hosts being ex journos, know more about the game than these jumped up has beens will ever know. That's why I look forward to the Wednesday night's show more than any other.

Incidently, why isn't Podolski a regular in the Arsenal team? I'm not being a johnny-come-lately because he scored a couple the other night as I've always rated him highly. I suspect his temperament might be the answer.

He can't defend / doesn't track back. Wenger is like Jose - doesn't like forwards who can't get stuck in if required. Makes you wonder why Arsene bought him (and the other Turkish German lad come to that!)

I think he is best used as an impact sub - but for 20 or 30 minutes; Arsene has never been one for subbing much before the 70th minute and usually later than that. His goals per minute played are outstanding - should get more time but it'll probably be with Koln

I didn't see the game last night but, looking at the highlights, that was a very classy finish by Schurrle. Good to see Loftus-Cheek get an appearance. A youngster of huge potential. It's down to him and his application to the task ahead whether he ends up in obscurity like McCeachran and Kakuta.

I didn,t see lasts night game either,just arrived in Bangers, hoping to find a bar some where near Saiphan Taksin so i can watch the Hull game. wai2.gif

"Spanish striker Fernando Torres, 30, will be offered for free around Premier League clubs this January as AC Milan seek to cancel his loan move from Chelsea" {beeb rumours section}

I hear Burnley is lovely in Januarylaugh.png

I didn,t see lasts night game either,just arrived in Bangers, hoping to find a bar some where near Saiphan Taksin so i can watch the Hull game. wai2.gif

I see you've left the crap weather in your wake,Keith. I'd invite you to my gaff to watch the match,but we are light years from each other! Mourinho's comment on Loftus -Cheeks cameo."He's got great potential and, if the people around him don't give me problems, he'll have a future here". What's that all about? He's just a kid but it sounds like he's got 'advisors' in abundance.

He can't defend / doesn't track back. Wenger is like Jose - doesn't like forwards who can't get stuck in if required. Makes you wonder why Arsene bought him (and the other Turkish German lad come to that!)

I think he is best used as an impact sub - but for 20 or 30 minutes; Arsene has never been one for subbing much before the 70th minute and usually later than that. His goals per minute played are outstanding - should get more time but it'll probably be with Koln

Understood. You can't rely on a player, who isn't the whole package, to start but when the game starts to open up, you introduce him. His lack of commitment to the cause might be due to Wenger's lack of confidence in him though.

I see you've left the crap weather in your wake,Keith. I'd invite you to my gaff to watch the match,but we are light years from each other! Mourinho's comment on Loftus -Cheeks cameo."He's got great potential and, if the people around him don't give me problems, he'll have a future here". What's that all about? He's just a kid but it sounds like he's got 'advisors' in abundance.

Thanks for the offer Og.that would have been nice. Yeah the weather was crap when i left,didn,t work for 5 days as the course was either frozen,flooded or no players about as most are yanks. Loftus Cheeks............i didn,t know he was in our squad of 25. Got to win tonight and win in style and comfort.......put em away early with no comeback.

Bit unfair Curbisley does a fair job

Curbishley is awful. As is his crony Andy Townsend. Dull beyond belief and says nothing of note other than the bloody obvious. The general standard of football punditry give a good shout for the argument of turning the sound off.

Curbishley also finds reason to credit his mate "Arry Redknapp for the emergence of Gareth Bale when intact "Arry wanted initially to to loan him because he didn't rate him and only kept Bale because of an injury crisis.

• Like 1

Considering we were playing at home and Hull are in a slump, that was woeful. The worst I've seen us play all season. Cahill has gone from being one of the best defenders in the League to a man who's confidence is shot. He's become uncertain and almost robotic in his play. Willian and Oscar have become very sluggish and look a bit leggy. When Hull went down to ten men, the Chelsea of two months ago, would have slaughtered this mob.

Mourinho has played virtually the same team in all competitions throughout the season (24 games in total). Now it's time to introduce some of the fringe players from the start and test the assumption that we have a great squad, especially with the Christmas onslaught coming up.

Cahill has gone from being one of the best defenders in the League to a man who's confidence is shot. He's become uncertain and almost robotic in his play.

Robotic? He looked positively artistic to me, like a salmon trying to get upstream.

wink.png

• Like 2

Considering we were playing at home and Hull are in a slump, that was woeful. The worst I've seen us play all season. Cahill has gone from being one of the best defenders in the League to a man who's confidence is shot. He's become uncertain and almost robotic in his play. Willian and Oscar have become very sluggish and look a bit leggy. When Hull went down to ten men, the Chelsea of two months ago, would have slaughtered this mob.

Mourinho has played virtually the same team in all competitions throughout the season (24 games in total). Now it's time to introduce some of the fringe players from the start and test the assumption that we have a great squad, especially with the Christmas onslaught coming up.

Umm

Good point but I can not see why players being paid the salaries they're on can't get their arises in to gear for 2 to 3 games a week for 90 mins a time

Particularly when they stroll around passing backwards and sideways for most of the game

I honestly don't know if squad rotation is best or you play your strongest team with a few changes.

Just dunno

"Spanish striker Fernando Torres, 30, will be offered for free around Premier League clubs this January as AC Milan seek to cancel his loan move from Chelsea" {beeb rumours section}

I hear Burnley is lovely in Januarylaugh.png

He's being linked with Liverpool, and Balotelli's off to Inter Milan.

Cahill has gone from being one of the best defenders in the League to a man who's confidence is shot. He's become uncertain and almost robotic in his play.

Robotic? He looked positively artistic to me, like a salmon trying to get upstream.

wink.png

Cahill can't defend for toffee. He's usually hopelessly exposed by class strikers. Should have been sent off yesterday BTW. Bit of a disgrace, just like the so-called journalists who let off Mourinho when he said that none of his players dive. Journalists? Arse lickers, more like.

• Like 1

wink.png

Cahill can't defend for toffee. He's usually hopelessly exposed by class strikers. Should have been sent off yesterday BTW. Bit of a disgrace, just like the so-called journalists who let off Mourinho when he said that none of his players dive. Journalists? Arse lickers, more like.

They do fawn over Mourinho don'y they. Quite revolting to watch. But he's smart in keeping them on his side because the average English football hack gives me the feeling they are a loathsome bunch.

The champions league draw with PSG is an interesting one. Very tough to call.

wink.png

Even if I wasn't a Chelsea supporter, I'd still say that Cahill is one of the best central defenders in the League. He, among others, is the reason why Chelsea are where they are now. I said he's lacking confidence at the moment, but that doesn't mean I think he's crap all the time. As far as Mourinho is concerned, the journalists seem in awe of him at the pre and post match press conferences, probably because of his record but, aren't they the same with all Premier League managers that are winning? Very courteous and polite to their faces with nice,easy questions to answer but, when they get back to the safety of their office, they become bolshie b*****ds and let them know what they really think on the back pages. I agree that most of them are bottle jobs.

• Like 1

I'd say the reason Chelsea are where they are now is further up the field. Take your pick from the midfield and attack. Matic makes Cahill look better than he is. He looks the part but falls short against true quality. He scores a few, his passing is good, but he can't defend.

Agree with you a little champers

But Terry's got at best another season ??

If Cahil goes then we'd need 2 centre halfs and our defence would be shot for a season whilst they got to know each other ,the keeper ,full backs and defensive midfielder

Who would you replace them with

To me it's a difficult one

Matic is doing his job defending his centre halfs

They're never gonna be the quickest legs on the park

I'd keep Cahill as there will at least be continuity when Terry retires

Open to other ideas though

Sparkey

Edited by sparkey

I'd say the reason Chelsea are where they are now is further up the field. Take your pick from the midfield and attack. Matic makes Cahill look better than he is. He looks the part but falls short against true quality. He scores a few, his passing is good, but he can't defend.

Bit harsh on Cahill but i do agree 100% Matic makes him look better. Same can be said for the ageing John Terry.

I'll agree to disagree with you and I'll concede that Cahill has improved by playing with Terry who is more of a true defender for me. That Cahill is the best in England gives cause for concern for the national team. There is a worrying lack of viable alternatives.

I think that Matic is the best holding midfielder I've seen in a Chelsea shirt and takes a lot of the weight off the central defenders shoulders, but Cahill and Terry were doing pretty well before he arrived. Various players have held the position (Mikel, Lampard,Luiz and Ramires) prior to Matic's arrival,but none of these are as good.

• Like 1

Agree with you a little champers

But Terry's got at best another season ??

If Cahil goes then we'd need 2 centre halfs and our defence would be shot for a season whilst they got to know each other ,the keeper ,full backs and defensive midfielder

Who would you replace them with

To me it's a difficult one

Matic is doing his job defending his centre halfs

They're never gonna be the quickest legs on the park

I'd keep Cahill as there will at least be continuity when Terry retires

Open to other ideas though

Sparkey

Cahill won't be going anywhere for a while, but we still have viable alternatives in the ranks such as Ivanovic, who is a much better centre half than full back and Kurt Zouma. Then there's the highly rated youngster Christensen waiting in the wings.

• Like 2

Agree Oldgit

Viable alternatives but you don't want to throw them into the cauldron in the middle of the season

Ivanovic umm I rate him at centre half but prefer as flying wing back which he's hardly shoddy at.

This gives an extra big fella for defensive and attacking set pieces and some one who can revert to centre half in the event of a sending off or injury.

Edited by sparkey

Agree Oldgit

Viable alternatives but you don't want to throw them into the cauldron in the middle of the season

Ivanovic umm I rate him at centre half but prefer as flying wing back which he's hardly shoddy at.

This gives an extra big fella for defensive and attacking set pieces and some one who can revert to centre half in the event of a sending off or injury.

Yes, agree. Ivanovic does look quite useful in a number of positions. I wonder if he would be any good up front if anything disastrous happened to Costa, Drogba and Remy.

Agree Oldgit

Yes, agree. Ivanovic does look quite useful in a number of positions. I wonder if he would be any good up front if anything disastrous happened to Costa, Drogba and Remy.

Crikey the chavs are certainly coming out of the woodwork, anyone would think that they are having a good season whistling.gif