Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

How special was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFUfIxfQvc&feature=share

Even carms might relent a bit biggrin.png

Yeah - brilliant. What a thoroughly great bloke John Terry is - eh Carms? thumbsup.gif

Do me a favor Santi. wink.png

And my mind races back to what the nasty racist pig said to Ledley King. Yep, he's a lovely fella.

Edited by carmine

Just watched the Chelsea v West Ham game. I thought WH might have given Chelsea a hard time....but it didn't happen... surprised Andy Carroll was taken off....not his fault that he wasn't getting the service IMHO....but when Song replaced him, he seemed to fire WH up to the extent that they nearly got a late goal...pretty good goal by Costa...no comment about the other one

Edited by mxyzptlk

Another Matic masterclass. If theres ever any doubt about a Chelsea man of the match you might aswell give it to this guy.

I didn't get to see the game as I was hauled off, by the ball and chain, to a Thai party but looking at the highlights, it appeared to show another lively performance from the team.

Another Matic masterclass. If theres ever any doubt about a Chelsea man of the match you might aswell give it to this guy.

I didn't get to see the game as I was hauled off, by the ball and chain, to a Thai party but looking at the highlights, it appeared to show another lively performance from the team.

You have no idea how it pains me to say it but yes, you were very, very good. It was men playing boys. Magic smothered the West Ham midfield with Fabregas pulling all the strings going forward. The scoreline didn't reflect the dominance. hey ho!

Think you need to man up OG, missing your teams game for a Thai party is a terrible state of affairs and I thought you were a real Chelsea supporter !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Mourinho rang the changes with Mikel slotting in alongside Matic and Schurrle starting in place of Willian and Luis coming in for Azpilicueta. Schurrle was largely anonymous in the first half, picked up a yellow and was rightly replaced, at the start of the second half by Willian. I'm losing my patience with Schurrle because he was given the opportunity here and never took it. Matic didn't have a particularly good game, by his standards, hence Chelsea struggled in midfield in the first half. It was his mistake that led to the Saints goal. It was a brilliant riposte by Hazard to level it at 1-1.

In the second half ,it was all one way traffic but Southampton showed why they have the second best defensive record in the League by repelling the attacks. We didn't help ourselves by trying to walk the ball in the net. We should have tested Forster more, who doesn't look the safest of stoppers to me.

Not unexpected to see Mourinho playing the "victim" role again. Whining post match about a penalty that maybe should have been given.Happens every week Jose.You had enough ball to win 2 games without it.The "happy" one soon returns to the "odious" one.

The refs can't win its almost impossible in a split second to adjudge not only was there contact but was there enough to warrant a card,even video replays are sometimes not conclusive unless you happen to be watching the Gary Cahill one last match.

At the half way mark predicting anyone one team winning the competition is deluding themselves. Chelsea/City the bookies must have them at the same price

Not unexpected to see Mourinho playing the "victim" role again. Whining post match about a penalty that maybe should have been given.Happens every week Jose.You had enough ball to win 2 games without it.The "happy" one soon returns to the "odious" one.

The refs can't win its almost impossible in a split second to adjudge not only was there contact but was there enough to warrant a card,even video replays are sometimes not conclusive unless you happen to be watching the Gary Cahill one last match.

At the half way mark predicting anyone one team winning the competition is deluding themselves. Chelsea/City the bookies must have them at the same price

The best prices you can get about Chelsea and City winning the League are 4-9 and 11-4 respectively. So, if you're saying that they should be 10-11 each, you should be banging on their doors down and backing City.

I entirely agree with the referee's problem. By the time it took to get the play restarted, after Fabregas's booking, followed by the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the players, the video replay made available to the 'third official' would have shown conclusively that it was not a yellow card for diving, and the card could have been rescinded on the spot. Penalty? No doubt in my mind even if Taggert didn't mean it .

Don Hutchison made a pretty good argument (for him) when he said that some players are expecting to be crunched and hurdle the tackle to avoid injury. He then said that Cahill should have "come out and publically apologise for his reaction". Well, if it was up to him,maybe he would but it's not, because he's employee of Chelsea Football Club and, if it's the Club's policy not to admit that any of their players are 'divers', then he's under orders not to say anything. After all, if he's allowed to spout off to the media, it puts the club in a position where they are construed to condone cheating and actively support and tell their players to practice it on the training ground. The only Premier League club that I've heard publically harangue their players for diving is Crystal Palace, via their then coach Tony Pulis.

Let's face it, players are consistently trying to get one over on the referee all over the pitch, whether it be appealing for a non existent throw in, corner, foul or free kick. They're all at it, one way or another.

The best prices you can get about Chelsea and City winning the League are 4-9 and 11-4 respectively. So, if you're saying that they should be 10-11 each, you should be banging on their doors down and backing City.

I entirely agree with the referee's problem. By the time it took to get the play restarted, after Fabregas's booking, followed by the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the players, the video replay made available to the 'third official' would have shown conclusively that it was not a yellow card for diving, and the card could have been rescinded on the spot. Penalty? No doubt in my mind even if Taggert didn't mean it .

Don Hutchison made a pretty good argument (for him) when he said that some players are expecting to be crunched and hurdle the tackle to avoid injury. He then said that Cahill should have "come out and publically apologise for his reaction". Well, if it was up to him,maybe he would but it's not, because he's employee of Chelsea Football Club and, if it's the Club's policy not to admit that any of their players are 'divers', then he's under orders not to say anything. After all, if he's allowed to spout off to the media, it puts the club in a position where they are construed to condone cheating and actively support and tell their players to practice it on the training ground. The only Premier League club that I've heard publically harangue their players for diving is Crystal Palace, via their then coach Tony Pulis.

Let's face it, players are consistently trying to get one over on the referee all over the pitch, whether it be appealing for a non existent throw in, corner, foul or free kick. They're all at it, one way or another.

Not all at it. Everyone in the league except Aguero apparently! Never takes a dive apparently. tongue.png

• Like 2

It looks like Chelsea are ready to buy AFC Wimbledon's ground Kingsmeadow, once Wimbledon get planning permission to build a new ground in Merton. Chelsea want to use Kingsmeadow for youth games and a home base for the Chelsea Ladies team.

• Like 1

It looks like Chelsea are ready to buy AFC Wimbledon's ground Kingsmeadow, once Wimbledon get planning permission to build a new ground in Merton. Chelsea want to use Kingsmeadow for youth games and a home base for the Chelsea Ladies team.

I didn't think they bothered with youth anymore OG ? laugh.png

• Like 1

I didn't think they bothered with youth anymore OG ? laugh.png

We've got a great youth system now with plenty of trophies won recently. The problem comes when they get to an age where they have to kick on. For the mentally fragile, they don't last long at the club. You have to be technically gifted, which they all are, but also have the focus and desire which very few have.

Merton Council approving a new ground?

Have the mafia paid them off? :D

Good old Jose at it again in his post match interview. Flogged,deservedly, by Spurs and back to the ref's fault. Why can't he for just once say Spurs were the better team.

If the bookies don't have them line ball they must know something we dont. 18 games to go, 54 points to play for, picking a winner is impossible could easily come down to goal difference

Don't be too harsh on Jose Sparkles. He's always been lacking in dignity, integrity and good sportsmanship! Horrid creature.

I put a lot of that Chelsea performance down to Mourinho and his lack of rotation. Over playing the same players was exposed by Spurs high fitness levels and even the likes of Matic is starting to look jaded.

With the squad he has at his disposal it criminal not to have rotated more. I still Chelsea will win the title by a distance but i don't think Mourinho's quite the faultless genius some would have us think.

I fail to see how you come to the conclusion that Chelsea will 'win the title by a distance'!!!

As for Mourinho.... I dont see where he is coming from? If he was suggesting they should have had a penalty.... he was wrong. There were some terrible decisions again, yesterday, by some refs.... butg I thought Dowd had a decent game.

At least Jose had the decency to shake hands all round, at the end of the game... unlike that spoilt woosie Wenger.

I fail to see how you come to the conclusion that Chelsea will 'win the title by a distance'!!!

As for Mourinho.... I dont see where he is coming from? If he was suggesting they should have had a penalty.... he was wrong. There were some terrible decisions again, yesterday, by some refs.... butg I thought Dowd had a decent game.

At least Jose had the decency to shake hands all round, at the end of the game... unlike that spoilt woosie Wenger.

It was a throw in for you City fans Jack!!! However i do think they will win the title.

Wenger rarely shakes hands when they lose. Its the frenchie in him!!

Edited by carmine

Merton Council approving a new ground?

Have the mafia paid them off? biggrin.png

I've dealt with various councils for planning permission issues.With the people that make the decisions it's not about money but massaging their inflated egos, smokes.

• Like 1

It was four games in ten days over the Christmas period and,for some players, it showed. Spurs were brighter and quicker to the ball than us, until probably the last 15 minutes. We have about four players, from Mourinho's preferred line up, who are looking a bit lethargic and have lost some of their energy. So,with Tottenham in this sort of form, you cannot afford to be under par. The players that work the hardest like Willian, Matic, Oscar and Costa are looking jaded now and need a break. The one who is bucking that trend now is Hazard who is playing out of his skin. He was oustanding. What was good to see was the way we kept battling to the end.

Spurs looked like it was their first game of the season, which I suppose it was, considering the way they have been 'going through the motions' in most of their games up to now. Harry Kane seems to have revitalised the whole team. I don't know about anybody else but, when they brought on Dembele for Mason, I was holding my head. This bloke can be electric when he gets the flavour, and true to form, he was everywhere. The FA Cup tie against Watford today, gives us a chance to analyse some of the squad players, to see if they are up to much.

Belated greetings to you all...............free wi-fi my rrsss. i would have posted earlier but my fingers are to big for the wifes i phone,and i have been here there and everywhere trying to satisfy Mum Wife kids.........ughhhhhhh not easy. Home for the next 3 weeks is Bang Chang...........found the strip of bars{won,t be watching any more games without the wife that,s for sure....scary} and watched the spurs debacle,think Greaves,s one liner would have summed it up.......funny old game.

jose needs to smarten up his act and rotate,only so many times you can go to the well.think ive been saying this since October............him and his bloody untouchables. Concur with you Og, Hazard is the dogs wots its,justs keeps getting better and better.

Belated greetings to you all...............free wi-fi my rrsss. i would have posted earlier but my fingers are to big for the wifes i phone,and i have been here there and everywhere trying to satisfy Mum Wife kids.........ughhhhhhh not easy. Home for the next 3 weeks is Bang Chang...........found the strip of bars{won,t be watching any more games without the wife that,s for sure....scary} and watched the spurs debacle,think Greaves,s one liner would have summed it up.......funny old game.

jose needs to smarten up his act and rotate,only so many times you can go to the well.think ive been saying this since October............him and his bloody untouchables. Concur with you Og, Hazard is the dogs wots its,justs keeps getting better and better.

And to you Keith. It looks like the missus has got you on the 'ball and chain' as well! Where the bloody hell is Bang Chang? Let's hope that our much vaunted squad is as good as everybody says it is because, as you say, we need them to step up. Schurrle was substituted again against Watford and is disappearing down the plughole fast. I reckon he's in a crisis of confidence and still recovering from his 'illness' after the World Cup.

There seems to be a bit of a clamour for Wilfried Bony's signature, but why we have been linked with him now is a mystery to me. And it doesn't need a 'recommendation from Drogba either! Because he played for Vitesse Arnheim, our 'feeder' club, we were well aware of his talent and potential before he went to Swansea but chose not to sign him, so why should we sign him now for an inflated fee when we could have got him for buttons?

And to you Keith. It looks like the missus has got you on the 'ball and chain' as well! Where the bloody hell is Bang Chang? Let's hope that our much vaunted squad is as good as everybody says it is because, as you say, we need them to step up. Schurrle was substituted again against Watford and is disappearing down the plughole fast. I reckon he's in a crisis of confidence and still recovering from his 'illness' after the World Cup.

There seems to be a bit of a clamour for Wilfried Bony's signature, but why we have been linked with him now is a mystery to me. And it doesn't need a 'recommendation from Drogba either! Because he played for Vitesse Arnheim, our 'feeder' club, we were well aware of his talent and potential before he went to Swansea but chose not to sign him, so why should we sign him now for an inflated fee when we could have got him for buttons?

looks like Bony's off to Citeh.

^^"Where the bloody hell is Bang Chang?".......About 30/40 mins drive south of Patts. Take the G off Bang (looks like Keith can't take his mind off "the Strip!"thumbsup.gif ) and you'll find it!!!!

And Keith...there are 'safer' places to watch the game. If you want directions, pm me.

Happy New Year Keith,or happy new mia .....surprised you was allowed out on your own down that strip! tongue.png

Happy New Year Keith,or happy new mia .....surprised you was allowed out on your own down that strip! tongue.png

He wants to be called Shorty. thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png