Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

About right there Stevie. And the hole in Citeh's midfield is exacerbated by the worrying (for Mr Bo) drop in form of Kompany.

I do confess our midfield worries me, Fernando and Ferdaninho don't seem to be gelling and I doubt Frank will start or even have a part to play. Kompany however, has only just come back and will regain his form. I just hope it starts on saturday

About right there Stevie. And the hole in Citeh's midfield is exacerbated by the worrying (for Mr Bo) drop in form of Kompany.

I do confess our midfield worries me, Fernando and Ferdaninho don't seem to be gelling and I doubt Frank will start or even have a part to play. Kompany however, has only just come back and will regain his form. I just hope it starts on saturday

city are easy enough to score against unfortunately. chelsea aren't if they don't want to and that tit sets them up that way. one or two nil chelsea this. possibly a mugging, lots of knocking at the door from city.

city are easy enough to score against unfortunately. chelsea aren't if they don't want to and that tit sets them up that way. one or two nil chelsea this. possibly a mugging, lots of knocking at the door from city.

I don't completely disagree, but if Aguero has one of "those" games all bets are off.

I haven't noticed any significant good form from Kompany all season. His positional play for a supposed top class center back is diabolical and constantly exposes his keeper and center back partner.

Stevie you say that tit sets them up that way derogatorily ...when defending is part of the game and Chelsea do have a very good defence....you play to your strengths don't you and as the coach that is his job. Mourinho might be a tit to you but is that just sour grapes against his management style or his personality!

• Like 1

I haven't noticed any significant good form from Kompany all season. His positional play for a supposed top class center back is diabolical and constantly exposes his keeper and center back partner.

Schush...let them believe he is back to his best tongue.png the truth is cracks are opening up in the city team especially at the back and midfield.Without Aguero you could even say there strike force is just average.

Schush...let them believe he is back to his best tongue.png the truth is cracks are opening up in the city team especially at the back and midfield.Without Aguero you could even say there strike force is just average.

Mate City are a ageing team which needs some serious money to be spent soon, but because of FFP they cannot spend like before, before they could buy a player pay a big wage and if he did not work out leave to rot in the reserves or loan out they cannot do that no more have to spend wisely or cook the books.

• Like 1

I didn,t se the Liverpool game so can,t comment on the result. As for Costa if he gets banned ............so be it......................still got Remy and Drog..................no worries. Back to Chaiyaphum tommorow and great to know that the city game is on Thai tv......................can,t wait.

Back to Chaiyaphum tommorow and great to know that the city game is on Thai tv......................can,t wait.

About two years ago, at our house it was painful to get any internet connection at all. Now it's fast enough to stream the footy. Makes life so much more pleasant.

^no FA Commission involved in the Capital One Cup OG. Ref and colleagues decide. As it appears Oliver has confirmed that a red card should have been given, a ban looks nailed unless any appeal is successful.

I'll take your word for it,Wil' but in the Guardian it did state an independent FA commission will pass judgement.

Mate City are a ageing team which needs some serious money to be spent soon, but because of FFP they cannot spend like before, before they could buy a player pay a big wage and if he did not work out leave to rot in the reserves or loan out they cannot do that no more have to spend wisely or cook the books.

Ooo err missus. The knives are out for City today eh. biggrin.png

Not really MrB its just that Company has begun to be viewed as a potential liability to be exposed. He gets pulled forward out of position and leaves gaping holes behind him for strikers to expose. Doesn't look that fit either.

I didn,t se the Liverpool game so can,t comment on the result. As for Costa if he gets banned ............so be it......................still got Remy and Drog..................no worries. Back to Chaiyaphum tommorow and great to know that the city game is on Thai tv......................can,t wait.

Chances are we could be without Fabregas as well. I'd like to see Zouma retained alongside Terry and Ramires, in the defensive midfield role with Matic. Mikel has more discipline but is painfully slow and, with him in the side, Matic tends to find himself in no-mans-land upfield. With Ramires, he will have to play in front of the centre backs. I would like to see Willian play centrally to provide the creativity but, unfortunately for him, he is vital on the right flank to provide the cover for Ivanovic's lack of pace. Oscar will plod around midfield and support the striker, probably Drogba.

Edited by oldgit

Not really MrB its just that Company has begun to be viewed as a potential liability to be exposed. He gets pulled forward out of position and leaves gaping holes behind him for strikers to expose. Doesn't look that fit either.

He has only been back from injury for two games Carms. Arsenal was his first game back and he was alongside Zabba, Demichelis and Clichy. Don't know many players who come back from an injury firing on all cylinders. Then for the M'boro game he was with Zabba, Boyata and Kolarov and lets be honest, not a single City player had a good game on that day. Vinny has shown time and time again that he's class, so I'm not worried and he'll get back to form.

^no FA Commission involved in the Capital One Cup OG. Ref and colleagues decide. As it appears Oliver has confirmed that a red card should have been given, a ban looks nailed unless any appeal is successful.

I'll take your word for it,Wil' but in the Guardian it did state an independent FA commission will pass judgement.

'In accordance with League Cup rules, which differ to those of the Premier League, referee Michael Oliver will have the final say on whether Costa can be handed a ban retrospectively after he was not punished for two incidents involving Liverpool’s Emre Can and Martin Skrtel. If referee Oliver, who is expected to be asked about the incident by the English Football Association on Wednesday, and all four officials say they did not see the incident, then it will be reviewed and Costa could be charge with a red-card offence for his actions and a three-game ban for violent conduct may be sanctioned.'

tbh OG, not even sure myself now because if (as he has done) Costa appeals, where's the difference? Oliver has already made the retrospective decision along with his colleagues...otherwise there would be no charge at all.....! Under Premiership Rules, Oliver would just be asked for his opinion on the incident. Under League Cup Rules, he is asked to make the decision himself.

If it is true that an FA Commissioncan over rule Oliver's decision, there doesn't appear to be an effective difference between League Cup and Premier League Rules? as in each case the ref is asked for his judgement and then needs that counter-signing by an "independent"cheesy.gif body?

Anyway....Guilty as f&*k in my opinionclap2.gif

Very disappointed with our performance against City. We looked rudderless without Fabregas pulling the strings and were on the back foot for most of the game. Other than the pass to Hazard, who's immaculate lay off to Remy set up the goal, Ivanovic looked lethargic and vulnerable in possession. Oscar was worse and contributed absolutely nothing in this match. He's scored a few goals recently but his overall play isn't a patch on the Oscar of two seasons ago.

In my opinion, our stand out players were Matic, Willian, Hazard, Zouma and Terry. Azpilicueta is getting done for pace at the moment and lacks the confidence he had earlier in the season. Remy foraged away up front but needs more games to see him at his best. You could argue that the exertions of the Liverpool match on Tuesday was the reason for our lethargy, but it wouldn't be mine.

Schurrle has departed without really showing his true potential at the club. As with Sturridge, the management made the mistake that because they both had pace, they could turn them into wide players when, in fact, they should have been playing as the second striker.

• Like 1

Very disappointed with our performance against City. We looked rudderless without Fabregas pulling the strings and were on the back foot for most of the game. Other than the pass to Hazard, who's immaculate lay off to Remy set up the goal, Ivanovic looked lethargic and vulnerable in possession. Oscar was worse and contributed absolutely nothing in this match. He's scored a few goals recently but his overall play isn't a patch on the Oscar of two seasons ago.

In my opinion, our stand out players were Matic, Willian, Hazard, Zouma and Terry. Azpilicueta is getting done for pace at the moment and lacks the confidence he had earlier in the season. Remy foraged away up front but needs more games to see him at his best. You could argue that the exertions of the Liverpool match on Tuesday was the reason for our lethargy, but it wouldn't be mine.

Schurrle has departed without really showing his true potential at the club. As with Sturridge, the management made the mistake that because they both had pace, they could turn them into wide players when, in fact, they should have been playing as the second striker.

Liked the first half.....apart from Ivan and azi displays which were shocking to say the least. 2nd half we were shhite,headless chickens going no where.........clattenburg as usual got most things wrong and should have booked Matic Ramires and Ivanovich.......bit <deleted> late if your trying to make up for that utd debacle of 3 years ago...useless twatt..........

that schurrle deal smells as dodgy as the david luiz one.

How's that then?

Paid 18M for him, selling for 24M upfront with performance add-ons of 4M. That's 10M profit on a player who has failed to make an impact in 18 months or prove his 18M fee no?

Kevin De Bruyne was bought for 7M only played 3 games for Chelsea, sold for 18M to Wolfsburg, granted he he had a good loan spell with Bremen.

And the price for Luis was crazy, yet t seems like no fuss or hard ball negotiations went on. They just paid.

Could be some clever Ruski laundering going on there to get around FFP, or just great business. Ruski's can be brilliantly clever at finding a way for a Ruble

You Liverpool lads would drum up a conspiracy in a nunnery if you had the chance. I make Schurrle unnaturally unlucky not to have nailed down a permanent spot in the team, as he was up against Willian, Hazard and Mourinho's 'glory boy' Oscar. His confidence was shot at the end but, when he was on song, he was always looking for the target. Personally, I would have him over Oscar as Schurrle's more mobile and is his equal tackling wise. We bought him for 18.7 million quid and, although he wasn't allowed to crack away at Chelsea, he showed his true worth in the World Cup. Wolfsburg are flying in the Bundersliga and will be getting a very talented player, if he's allowed to play in his best position which is centrally off the main striker.

De Bruyne was yet another attacking midfielder who was left frustrated, vying for one of three places in the line up, but another full international who excelled for Belgium and, as Bob said, Werner Bremen when on loan. He started five games by the way! We picked him up from Gent for buttons( 7M quid), as he was a young player with potential and was attracting other clubs, but we dived in first. He's undoubtedly improved since, hence the transfer figure.

I'm a Luiz fan as there's not that many centre backs that are equally adept at playing holding midfield. I think Chelsea saw him as another John Terry as he's two footed and can pass BUT he hasn't Terry's composure and positional sense. Even I was a surprised at what PSG paid for him, but that's moneybags PSG for yer.

A good article in the Daily Fail (if you can get it) about the Chelsea youth set up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937796/It-s-not-quite-Jody-Morris-cleaning-Dennis-Wise-s-boots-Chelsea-filling-youth-teams-local-heroes.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Nothing guaranteed, but promising all the same........

There's a block on it over here,mjj.

A good article in the Daily Fail (if you can get it) about the Chelsea youth set up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937796/It-s-not-quite-Jody-Morris-cleaning-Dennis-Wise-s-boots-Chelsea-filling-youth-teams-local-heroes.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I wasn't sure if it was still in force or if some of you have alternative IP's.

The crux of the article is that we beat Soton 5-0, who yave one of the best academies and many of our players at youth level are locals. 11 players are British with 10 scouted locally from the recent u21 squad. Its a start....

• Like 1

Do they teach them about Zonal Marking mjj ?

Are there still people who don't know how to get to the Daily Mule?

biggrin.png

Are there still people who don't know how to get to the Daily Mule?

biggrin.png

It's not a paper I bother with, preferring the Guardian but come on Chico old chap, enlighten me!