Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Down and out before  half-time due to shambolic defending,so many times players not being marked. But all credit to the lads for digging in and  making a fist of it in that 2nd half. Don't know what we would do without Kante....blokes a machine. Good display by Morata ..great movement nice touches and a smart finish. Get Hazard back and hope that Bakayoko is the business...and it could be another entertaining and successful season.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Don't know what we would do without Kante....blokes a machine. Good display by Morata ..great movement nice touches and a smart finish. Get Hazard back and hope that Bakayoko is the business...and it could be another entertaining and successful season.?

without  Kante,s presence  C/sea  and Conte are fluffed,

even  Blind Freddy would know that Morata is ten times the better striker then  Bat Kitkat ,how Conte placed him   ahead in the pecking order has ,got E/S stumped

wishful thinking about Hazard  and  Bakayoko ,both are weeks away  from full fitness,if Conte really wants to stay at the Bridge he better consider in moving Luiz to midfeild

pairing up with Kante with The Rat suspended, away to Totts and at home to Everton, lose both of them and Conte is a Deadman Walking,  ,Roman has removed  his gun from his holster,  Conte better shut up about their T/F policy,s etc etc ,and remove his tracksuit and get C/sea back on track  ,otherwise Roman will pull the trigger,E/S got no doubts about that,and it will be straight between the eyes

a very nice morningto all,

10 hours ago, oldgit said:

Well done Fabregas for getting a needless first yellow. The referee was a c**t throughout but that was a second yellow for sure. Cahill's should, in my opinion, have been a yellow, but that doesn't excuse the unprofessional, naive and stupid defending and the temperamental, girly behaviour that went on out there by some of our senior players because things weren't going their way, especially in the first half. Batshuiyi was abyssmal, incapable of doing  the basics for a centre forward which is collect the ball, control it and lay it off. Morata is light years ahead of him, in movement, intelligence and control.

Even when we went down to ten men, the game wasn't beyond us against this lot but, because of the poor attitude displayed by some of the players, it descended into a farce of their own making.

A fair analysis of the game which for the neutral was very entertaining.Burnley for the last 10 minutes were in panic mode, there for the taking.

Couple of points ; At the back end of last season players/managers were well aware that a studs up challenge was most likely a red card.I dont necessarily agree if you make contact with the ball first but Gary Cahill knew the moment he mistimed and clattered the other players shin he was on his way.In his mind and his body language ,the arm band was coming off at the same time as the the card was being reached for.

Fabregas never changes, always the petulant child, sarcastically clapping the referee is an automatic yellow, as he well knows, and then a stupid, frustrated, mistimed lunge from a player who has never learned to tackle.When things dont go his way he is a liability

Luiz was in the referees face all match when a cool head, as a leader, was needed as were other players.Players have also been told this is not on ie to surround the referee mouthing off.

I dont understand Conte's  thought processes ,You pay a lot of money for a player and then use the excuse ,he's not match fit ,just had a holiday ,got married what total BS.If you are only going to play him for 30 minutes which is ridiculous as he is fit and ready to go why not from the start ?

That encounter was made for Costa, yes a nut case but if he had been on the pitch instead of having a Conte enforced holiday you may have had 3 points and finally selling Mr Cool, Matic was a master stroke of miscalculation.

Simple matter of beating Spurs next week to right the ship,good luck with that

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 1:30 PM, Sparkles said:

A fair analysis of the game which for the neutral was very entertaining.Burnley for the last 10 minutes were in panic mode, there for the taking.

Couple of points ; At the back end of last season players/managers were well aware that a studs up challenge was most likely a red card.I dont necessarily agree if you make contact with the ball first but Gary Cahill knew the moment he mistimed and clattered the other players shin he was on his way.In his mind and his body language ,the arm band was coming off at the same time as the the card was being reached for.

Fabregas never changes, always the petulant child, sarcastically clapping the referee is an automatic yellow, as he well knows, and then a stupid, frustrated, mistimed lunge from a player who has never learned to tackle.When things dont go his way he is a liability

Luiz was in the referees face all match when a cool head, as a leader, was needed as were other players.Players have also been told this is not on ie to surround the referee mouthing off.

I dont understand Conte's  thought processes ,You pay a lot of money for a player and then use the excuse ,he's not match fit ,just had a holiday ,got married what total BS.If you are only going to play him for 30 minutes which is ridiculous as he is fit and ready to go why not from the start ?

That encounter was made for Costa, yes a nut case but if he had been on the pitch instead of having a Conte enforced holiday you may have had 3 points and finally selling Mr Cool, Matic was a master stroke of miscalculation.

Simple matter of beating Spurs next week to right the ship,good luck with that

( ,Fizzles  remember our ageing defenders etc etc post)

then hardly  heard a  dicky bird  since then   or none at all,( on our thread  ),just a  half baked  sh#t stirrer who thinks, he is, Simply The Best

the most postive  thing that came out of  yesterdays wreck, is that we have time on our side,to correct our  faults on the  managerial side(Conte)and the T/F dealings( buying and selling )this summer by Roman and Company, both have taken the wrong options thats for sure, see how the  T/F  window operates before closing, that will  paint the the true story  on how our season unfolds,  plus , Conte to calm down  with a dead bat with the tabaliods,that is a must priority if he wants  to stay  with C/sea F.C, otherwise he is a Dead Man Man Walking,quote the old true saying  to him# Never Bite  The Hand The Hand That Feeds You#

a nice late arvo to all

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Down and out before  half-time due to shambolic defending,so many times players not being marked. But all credit to the lads for digging in and  making a fist of it in that 2nd half. Don't know what we would do without Kante....blokes a machine. Good display by Morata ..great movement nice touches and a smart finish. Get Hazard back and hope that Bakayoko is the business...and it could be another entertaining and successful season.?

That's what we need mate, although it's touch and go if Hazard makes it back by next month.

On 8/13/2017 at 1:42 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Agree with oldgit and sparkles assessments. ..spot on.

Spot On  my  ASS

neither mentioned the very poor T/F policys(buying and selling)that C/sea have adopted during the summer,which is the main core of our  dismal  defeat by Burnley at HOME

E/S  mentioned it with a short discussion with Bangkak Bob perhaps only a week ago,and  on other recent occassions to boot, and to confirm my views , E/S posted right on kick off time (Saturday) ,on this thread  seeing the run on side, particular the  bench,( the weakest in  Roman.s sucessful  reign by a country mile) i feared the worst,and still recovering:smile:plus giving Conte a gobful for not starting Morata, and having benched him, to further give a fingers up to our T/F policy,, piss poor managering

B/B  be nice :smile:

nice morning to all

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

That's what we need mate, although it's touch and go if Hazard makes it back by next month.

you have to be joking,we need more then that,,its practically civil war at the Bridge,been told Romans helicopter is on immediate standby, for a flight to Cobham

watch this space

18 hours ago, oldgit said:

I do like the look of Charlie Musonda who will hopefully have a part to play  on Sunday. Boga too looks all right plenty of pace and good awareness. Rudiger looks a good signing,and like Luiz  has a great pin point pass in him. Yeah lot to like about that 2nd half.imo

On 12/8/2560 at 10:27 PM, evenstevens said:

E/S should be manager , Morata just scored

"There is only one thing worse than the desire for others to pat you on the back, and that is to pat yourself on the back".......Oscar Wilde circa 1880.

21 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I do like the look of Charlie Musonda who will hopefully have a part to play  on Sunday. Boga too looks all right plenty of pace and good awareness. Rudiger looks a good signing,and like Luiz  has a great pin point pass in him. Yeah lot to like about that 2nd half.imo

No sign of the rumoured unrest in the Spurs dressing, judging by their performance  against Newcastle!

As for us, we definitely need more pace in midfield because, with talk that Luiz will partner Kante in the centre of midfield with Moses and Alonso either side, that's pedestrian overall. Luiz is the type to get into a ruck with Wanyama, Dembelli or Alli as well because they are much quicker. I wouldn't start Willian because Spurs will know his game inside out. He slows down the play when we go on the counter and is another player who's got acceleration off a standing start but starts to flag after 10-15 yards. Agree with you on Musonda. He's an unknown quantity, has pace to burn and won't hang around on the ball. Coutois looked half asleep last Saturday. It would be handy if Conte gave him a b****cking this week. The back three again look short of pace, with the exception of Rudiger. From what I've seen of Christensen, I've not been that impressed. He looks a bit lightweight to me and doesn't seem particularly quick.We need all of Azpilicueta's organisational skills and anticipation in the tackle this weekend. I'm hoping Pedro will be over his injury, if not, give Boga the nod.. I'll be astonished if Morata doesn't start. Very satisfied with what I've seen so far.

However, this could all change this week, if our board get their collective fingers out and sign Oxlade Chamberlain (looks like a confidence player to me but has skill and bundles of foot)  and Drinkwater (did quite well alongside Kante at Leicester?), both of whom I like. Joao Cancelo is another potential signing I like.

And before our resident Aussie comes on here screaming and frothing all over his keyboard, yes, we do need further recruitment and yes, we should have kept Matic on board to at least the last few days of the transfer window but no, they weren't the reasons we got beat last Saturday against mediocre opposition.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎8‎/‎2560 at 2:13 PM, oldgit said:

And before our resident Aussie comes on here screaming and frothing all over his keyboard, yes, we do need further recruitment

well O/G you are a lulu, this further recruitment,as you posted  above etc etc ,should have been dealt with weeks ago,one way or another,instead of going into panic mode buying that prevails right now. Drinkwater at some prohibitive price tag is my point, again E/S posted a day or two back  , surely there is a communications break down between Conte  and The Board  at C/sea ,to get into such a tight corner ,being defending champions, now O/G  you have called me a screaming/frothing idiot,thats your call and u are  entitled to it:smile: but you and that other Galah mate of yours ,are both  dumb as they come ,,getting to grips of what is  ACTUALLY happening right now at C/sea,, its  Panic Stations, and Roman has his hairy finger ,on the trigger, if we lose the next two matchs, its fire away, make no mistake about that, summing up E/S  strongly feels that both partys are at fault,and its not the first time,this has happen during Romans  tenure,it started with Claude Raneri departure,and a list of casualities has followed since, sacking managers and winning  silverware is  Roman,s  business model, and no one can argue  the sucess that it has brought to C/sea either,now with a kick in the flanks,:smile:

its a Giddy Up good afternoon , fizzles and all

On 8/15/2017 at 6:41 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

We'll likely field the same team but with Wanyama in for Sissoko if fit.

Should be interesting....my only concern is sharpness.

Yes, they must be completely knackered after one match, poor luvs.

Just now, champers said:

Yes, they must be completely knackered after one match, poor luvs.

This is a great time to face the chavs. Already 2 red cards to their name and a feisty encounter awaits. The only issue I have with chelsea getting done is it appears when chelsea face a crisis they do seem to pull it together so a nice boring draw would be benficial for all other T/dogs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

This is a great time to face the chavs. Already 2 red cards to their name and a feisty encounter awaits. The only issue I have with chelsea getting done is it appears when chelsea face a crisis they do seem to pull it together so a nice boring draw would be benficial for all other T/dogs.

Conte has hinted that he will sort things out, so I expect Azpilacueta back in the middle of the defence. Right back? Mmmm? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, evenstevens said:

well O/G you are a lulu, this further recruitment,as you posted  above etc etc ,should have been dealt with weeks ago,one way or another,instead of going into panic mode buying that prevails right now. Drinkwater at some prohibitive price tag is my point, again E/S posted a day or two back  , surely there is a communications break down between Conte  and The Board  at C/sea ,to get into such a tight corner ,being defending champions, now O/G  you have called me a screaming/frothing idiot,thats your call and u are  entitled to it:smile: but you and that other Galah mate of yours ,are both  dumb as they come ,,getting to grips of what is  ACTUALLY happening right now at C/sea,, its  Panic Stations, and Roman has his hairy finger ,on the trigger, if we lose the next two matchs, its fire away, make no mistake about that, summing up E/S  strongly feels that both partys are at fault,and its not the first time,this has happen during Romans  tenure,it started with Claude Raneri departure,and a list of casualities has followed since, sacking managers and winning  silverware is  Roman,s  business model, and no one can argue  the sucess that it has brought to C/sea either,now with a kick in the flanks,:smile:

its a Giddy Up good afternoon , fizzles and all

Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring. We've made some good signings this window already but,the biggest mistake the board made was loaning out and selling players too quickly. I don't believe that Conte had any say in this decision. With Bakayoko definitely out for a few games and Hazard, easily our most important player, sidelined for at least two months, we should have kept either Matic, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek or Ake longer. The midfield problem has been exasperated now that Fabregas is banned.  Maybe the board thought that they had nailed on certainties to come in, to replace them, but that hasn't materialised ....yet. We ARE the champions but that doesn't mean that any potential departures out there will come flooding to us. They'll want to see the capabilities of our squad and what chance we have of winning trophies this season. It seems that City and United are the 'buzz clubs' in the Premier League, to be at but there's still plenty of top class talent out there to acquire. OK, the first game was a disaster but that was down to c*** of a referee and a staggering lack of discipline by some of our senior players after Cahill was sent off. The other problems could be the division the Costa saga might have in the dressing room and Steve Holland's departure to the England coaching set up. It will get messy at Spurs if we don't knuckle down to job in hand, show composure and grit which typified us last season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring. We've made some good signings this window already but,the biggest mistake the board made was loaning out and selling players too quickly. I don't believe that Conte had any say in this decision. With Bakayoko definitely out for a few games and Hazard, easily our most important player, sidelined for at least two months, we should have kept either Matic, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek or Ake longer. The midfield problem has been exasperated now that Fabregas is banned.  Maybe the board thought that they had nailed on certainties to come in, to replace them, but that hasn't materialised ....yet. We ARE the champions but that doesn't mean that any potential departures out there will come flooding to us. They'll want to see the capabilities of our squad and what chance we have of winning trophies this season. It seems that City and United are the 'buzz clubs' in the Premier League, to be at but there's still plenty of top class talent out there to acquire. OK, the first game was a disaster but that was down to c*** of a referee and a staggering lack of discipline by some of our senior players after Cahill was sent off. The other problems could be the division the Costa saga might have in the dressing room and Steve Holland's departure to the England coaching set up. It will get messy at Spurs if we don't knuckle down to job in hand, show composure and grit which typified us last season.

Well well, Hazard and Bakayoko took part in a 'behind closed doors' friendly against  QPR under 21 team at Cobham on Thursday. Score was 8-0 to us with Hazard scoring. I doubt if Conte will chance Hazard on Sunday but Bakayoko could feature at some stage, I await Conte's press preview with interest. No doubt Roberto Martinez will be listening intently as well, the b****rd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I must thank Chelsea FC for allowing us to sign Lukaku and Matic.....:thumbsup:

good luck to you with their replacements.

Chelsea though that Lukaku wasnt worth 90 Million and replacing the 29 year old Matic with the 23 year old Bakayoko , seems like a good move , considering that Matic hasnt been playing well for the past few years