Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

23 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

True, but his managers and coaches picked him twenty four times in La Liga when he was on loan at Real Betis. But of course we can all think of far too many youth prospects who have fallen off the radar, sometimes its hard to fathom out how somebody with so much talent in their late teens just can't cut it, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Clifford who captained one of our FA Youth Cup winning sides and looked like going on to be "the next Lampard" but is now playing in Dundalk.

I kind of get where both of you are coming from here.  I think its fair to say theres probably a number of clubs that have a rare young talents in their academy, we for example have a lad called Marcus Edwards that the academy has been barking on about for ten years now but he's still regarded as "not quite ready"

Despite the incredible balls skills some of these youngsters possess so many, if not most just seem to stop improving and are unable to kick up to the highest level

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

How is it that, whenever someone disagrees with your opinion and attempts to  put a different slant on things, you resort to ridicule, name calling and cynicism? Why can't you have a sensible and constructive discussion instead of trying to take the piss all the time? You and E/S are like two peas in a pod and, the only way to stop him in his tracks is to fight fire with fire unfortunately. 

To be fair OG, he did man up in the end!

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

"No, Chicog was very knowledgeable,  witty and a really good poster  So yes, polar opposites."

Don't get too carried away. My linking Chicog to R2D2 was that Chicog could be a pain but a humorous pain unlike. ..

BB get over it lad you have me on ignore so there should be no pain unless of course you want to know what has been posted by me. That's your choice so the pain you speak of is entirely your own making. I do enjoy speaking to you though BB you are a heart on sleeve type and I respect that and I sense your an oldish timer with grace and as such, deserve respect. Barebacks a decent name ennit.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

How is it that, whenever someone disagrees with your opinion and attempts to  put a different slant on things, you resort to ridicule, name calling and cynicism? Why can't you have a sensible and constructive discussion instead of trying to take the piss all the time? You and E/S are like two peas in a pod and, the only way to stop him in his tracks is to fight fire with fire unfortunately. 

Read  back through the post's and get your fact's right before you start talking about ridicule etc,  it was your mate who first tried to be funny by saying "For somebody with your obviously astronomically high IQ" and who also posted the Picture with "if i wanted your opinion" which being as this is an open forum seemed a pathetic thing to write, incidently have you pulled him up that ? up until then the comments had all been very civilized, so my response was to that Pic and not to someone disagreeing with my opinion !  As for fighting fire with fire you are having a laugh aint ya ? 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

On 19/9/2560 at 1:10 PM, Rc2702 said:

Dele Alli to Chelsea at some stage I reckon.

Dele Alli was the best young player outside the EPL for a couple of seasons. Chelsea could have signed him. Frank Lampard was one of Dele's favourites as a teenager watching the better players.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

Why has E/S come into this discussion O/G ???

the above senseless comments has all the workings of a gutless  King Hit merchant

I welcome your Fire fight Fire, on this board, makes the world go around

please do not let  Fear  stop you , let it begin anytime

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 you are not the Liverpool poster I have on ignore. If I did I couldn't read or respond to your posts could I. I sometimes find you amusing the way you try and try to get a bite out of the Spurs fans if I'm honest...and they bite every time.

You mean, no longer.  If this is correct why not quote accordingly I think it would keep the error count down too, no offence.. As for those spuds I only do it cos they are gutless fans the lot of them from what I see on here. Between the lot of em thy aint got a mouses testicle.

Shocking set of supporters on this thread attached to THFC.  Aconn is ok just an arguementative coin tosser from around seven sisters  I reckon. The absolute turkey is that lad, you know your mate one day your enemy the next.

hey hey what's this then who you got on ignore in my squad? Is it Nous boy? 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Dele Alli was the best young player outside the EPL for a couple of seasons. Chelsea could have signed him. Frank Lampard was one of Dele's favourites as a teenager watching the better players.

Same with Gerrard who publicly rued the missed opportunity LFC had with him but I think there is something up with him. I think he is a tip player but it's his temperament that may stop him becoming truly WC.

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Same with Gerrard who publicly rued the missed opportunity LFC had with him but I think there is something up with him. I think he is a tip player but it's his temperament that may stop him becoming truly WC.

Are you saying Rc that he might have gone to LFC?

"WC!!" Wow; that is interesting! World Class!!? How many English footballers have been world class down the years? Greaves, Brooking, Gerrard, Lampard, Lineker, Banks, Moore, Haynes, Keegan?? Duncan Edwards - by the accounts of many - would have been. Rooney; only in his first few games. Jack Charlton maybe! Bobby Charlton? Alan Shearer? Colin Bell? Matt LeTisier would have found it easier to be a regular in a Euro squad than Englands. Beckham; never!!!!

World class. Is that someone who would get into a world X1? I'll settle for a player who could get into a Euro squad.

Edited by owl sees all

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

"WC!!" Wow; that is interesting! World Class!!? How many English footballers have been world class down the years? Greaves, Brooking, Gerrard, Lampard, Lineker, Banks, Moore, Haynes, Keegan?? Duncan Edwards - by the accounts of many - would have been. Rooney; only in his first few games. Jack Charlton maybe! Bobby Charlton? Alan Shearer? Colin Bell? Matt LeTisier would have found it easier to be a regular in a Euro squad than Englands.

World class. Is that someone who would get into a world X1? I'll settle for a player who could get into a Euro squad.

Add Gazza & Shilton to that list for starters. Ashley Cole, Stuart Pearce, Brian Robson?

14 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Add Gazza & Shilton to that list for starters. Ashley Cole, Stuart Pearce, Brian Robson?

Cole and Pearce were very good. Gerry Francis was good too. But WC!?

I'll put Robson on the short list and Shilton also in the squad.

My English X1. since when I started watching footy; 4-4-2 

Shilton

Anderson

Charlton J

Ferdinand

Wilson

Brooking

Haynes

Edwards

Mullery

Lineker

Greaves

Banks

Samson

Francis

Robson

Le Tissier

Shearer

Keegan

Gerrard

Marsh

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

Just now, owl sees all said:

"WC!!" Wow; that is interesting! World Class!!? How many English footballers have been world class down the years? Greaves, Brooking, Gerrard, Lampard, Lineker, Banks, Moore, Haynes, Keegan?? Duncan Edwards - by the accounts of many - would have been. Rooney; only in his first few games. Jack Charlton maybe! Bobby Charlton? Alan Shearer? Colin Bell? Matt LeTisier would have found it easier to be a regular in a Euro squad than Englands. Beckham; never!!!!

It was in the pipeline in 2014 it should have happened. I'm not saying he is WC but the potential is there. 

It's a good question. What is world class then as opposed to a player in his peak. Zlatan is absolutely world class IMO even at 37. I can't comment too much I heard of Duncan too and greaves's record was top drawer. Gascoigne was potential but never WC. Bergkamp oozed world class as does Suarez and in those last 2 seasons Bale was unstoppable at spurs. Whose gonna take the mantle then OWL whose gonna fill the boots fir the next 5 years in terms of balloon d'or 1, 2 & 3?

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bale was unstoppable at spurs.

I agree there Rc.

I remember when he first got into the Spurs squad. I think it was at left back. Always fiddling with his hair. In one match he was constantly messing with ladies hair clips; pulling them out and putting them back. He clearly was not happy with his hairdresser's advice. He graduated onto elastic bands and then onto a head band. Once he sorted out his hair his game took off.

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Whose gonna take the mantle then OWL whose gonna fill the boots fir the next 5 years in terms of balloon d'or 1, 2 & 3?

I'll have to research that Rc and post later.

The youngster I'm most impressed with recently is Man Cty's Diaz.

Hope he plays tonight.

Just now, owl sees all said:

I agree there Rc.

I remember when he first got into the Spurs squad. I think it was at left back. Always fiddling with his hair. In one match he was constantly messing with ladies hair clips; pulling them out and putting them back. He clearly was not happy with his hairdresser's advice. He graduated onto elastic bands and then onto a head band. Once he sorted out his hair his game took off.

But now with Bale it's bursts its not consistent but I think that's to do with the hierarchy within that squad.

Yeah he went like 40 games without being on a winning side or something with spuds.

Xabi Alonso and Arjen Robben were/are WC.

English lads WC is difficult. Something not right with the international squads for so long now. Shearer in 96 was the last bit of real joy as a england fan but since then it's been complete pants. Before that 90 under venables was great. Furcking hate to say it but germany are so far ahead of us and not just in sport.

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Furcking hate to say it but germany are so far ahead of us and not just in sport.

Well Germany had - for my money - the best defender af all (at least the best I've ever seen); Franz Beckenbauer.

To be fair to Rooney; up until he broke that metetarsal he was electric on the ball.

Our day will come Rc. Who said that? Yes I recall; Ruby of the Romantics.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well Germany had - for my money - the best defender af all (at least the best I've ever seen); Franz Beckenbauer.

To be fair to Rooney; up until he broke that metetarsal he was electric on the ball.

Sinn Fein :whistling:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Read  back through the post's and get your fact's right before you start talking about ridicule etc,  it was your mate who first tried to be funny by saying "For somebody with your obviously astronomically high IQ" and who also posted the Picture with "if i wanted your opinion" which being as this is an open forum seemed a pathetic thing to write, incidently have you pulled him up that ? up until then the comments had all been very civilized, so my response was to that Pic and not to someone disagreeing with my opinion !  As for fighting fire with fire you are having a laugh aint ya ? 

Blue Muton is quite new here and comes across as someone who one can have a decent debate with. But you, well, you've been around ages but it didn't take me long to suss out what kind of poster you are. I'm not only talking about this post, but others where you delight in digging out a word,  extracting a sentence and twisting  it to suit your own ends, and finally, a sprinkling of silly, childish emoticons to give it... what?....substance?. Who are you trying to impress? Let's face it, in a discussion with you, no one will ever admit that they're wrong or that you've put forward a valid point, while you have this condescending tone to your posts.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

To be fair to shrek head he did well he could have imploded after getting caught on that granny. Shows he had a lot of mettle to come through all that crap. The terrace chats must have been a nightmare, pure natural ability from a very young age whereas Ronaldo built his legacy and showed continued improvement to be the best.

• Thanks 1

Just now, oldgit said:

Blue Muton is quite new here and comes across as someone who one can have a decent debate with. But you, well, you've been around ages but it didn't take me long to suss out what kind of poster you are. I'm not only talking about this post, but others where you delight in digging out a word,  extracting a sentence and twisting  it to suit your own ends, and finally, a sprinkling of silly, childish emoticons to give it... what?....substance?. Who are you trying to impress? Let's face it, in a discussion with you, no one will ever admit that they're wrong or that you've put forward a valid point, while you have this condescending tone to your posts.

Cos he's a cannnt. He loves it he gets frills from acting like it. I know the type I worked with tnucs like that. Argh mate help me out Argh mate can you do this. How's about do1.

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Why has E/S come into this discussion O/G ???

the above senseless comments has all the workings of a gutless  King Hit merchant

I welcome your Fire fight Fire, on this board, makes the world go around

please do not let  Fear  stop you , let it begin anytime

Because you're the same. You get to name calling like a spoilt girl when other people don't pander to your opinion. My 'fight fire with fire' comment was my reciprocation of the childish name calling crap with the Willy the Wombat <deleted>. Look, if somebody has a go at me to face, well bring it on but, someone frothing up and punching the hell out of the keys on a computer keyboard to hurl abuse at a faceless individual who you've never met?....that's just ridiculous. 

Just now, oldgit said:

Because you're the same. You get to name calling like a spoilt girl when other people don't pander to your opinion. My 'fight fire with fire' comment was my reciprocation of the childish name calling crap with the Willy the Wombat <deleted>. Look, if somebody has a go at me to face, well bring it on but, someone frothing up and punching the hell out of the keys on a computer keyboard to hurl abuse at a faceless individual who you've never met?....that's just ridiculous. 

Gis your Skype ID then son let's get a video call on the go. Well what you waiting for? :-)

51 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Strange that you don't mention getting your fact's wrong but i thought you would try and deflect away from that by mentioning other post's :biggrin: 

Must remember not to come on here and disagree with any comment's from posters as they all seem to get a bit touchy, anyway what was it you said again " He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances"  well i tell why he doesn't you shall i , because Conte and your coaches probably see him playing and training about 20 hrs a week, you base your opinion on probably seeing him play 10mins now and again and a few reports so who do you think know's best ? certainly not an armchair expert like yourself. 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, oldgit said:

nice to see ,  that you have got the dirty water , off your chest  ,there is a Ignore function button which will  save your  childish frustations ,  please use it 

21 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that you don't mention getting your fact's wrong but i thought you would try and deflect away from that by mentioning other post's :biggrin: 

he is just a pussy ,coming the Raw Prawn ,  LOL