Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

but with the level of possession Barca commamded already I feel they will make much better ise of it at home.

Chelsea's midfield will be overrun.

from the above, did you see the match?????????the very reason   why Barca  high level of possession stats being recorded ,was  due to constantly  passing the ball back to each other  in their own half,  C/sea  just kept pressing ,chopping off the supply route, hence the trident selection that Conte employed which enable us to  use a park the bus (in a easy on the eye )when our midfeild was over run, which  now puts the ball back to Barca to come up with a answer to Conte,s brilliant  tactical acumen in the return leg

56 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

from the above, did you see the match?????????the very reason   why Barca  high level of possession stats being recorded ,was  due to constantly  passing the ball back to each other  in their own half,  C/sea  just kept pressing ,chopping off the supply route, hence the trident selection that Conte employed which enable us to  use a park the bus (in a easy on the eye )when our midfeild was over run, which  now puts the ball back to Barca to come up with a answer to Conte,s brilliant  tactical acumen in the return leg

They were camped out in your half for large parts of the game, Specsavers for you bottles :ohmy:

Barce havn't got to come with anything unless i must have missed the goals that gave Chelsea a victory :guitar: :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

They chose a conservative approach for this leg but they will attack much more at home.

Totally different game and I feel you run the risk of a mugging.

Best of luck though...always happy to see the Spaniards get beat.

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My Russian is barely rudimentary.

Sorry about that.

Even someone with the most rudimentary knowledge of the language ought to recognise a common link among the names of these very well known Russians:

Tchaikovsky 

Dostoyevsky 

Mussorgsky 

Trotsky

Kandinsky

Stravinsky

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Frank Spencer?

To be fair i don't think even Frank Spencer would have come out with a ridiculous statement's like 

" tactical masterclass"

after a 1-1 draw at home and  

Frustrate them into making a mistake and hit them on the counter with pace and precision.

when  neither resulted in anything positive happening  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

14 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Even someone with the most rudimentary knowledge of the language ought to recognise a common link among the names of these very well known Russians:

Tchaikovsky 

Dostoyevsky 

Mussorgsky 

Trotsky

Kandinsky

Stravinsky

I thought but could be wrong, surnames ending in ski (as in the nic Chelski) originated in Poland

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I thought but could be wrong, surnames ending in ski (as in the nic Chelski) originated in Poland

Quite, as in The Big Lebowski, Lewandoski it al, but it doesn't throw any light on Ronnie's use of "Chelski".

I await his explanation with interest.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Tchaikovsky 

Dostoyevsky 

Mussorgsky 

Trotsky

Kandinsky

Stravinsky

50 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Correct

Tchaikovsky 

Dostoyevsky 

Mussorgsky 

Trotsky

Kandinsky

Stravinsky

How about a bit of glasnost? :biggrin:

Tchaikovsky 

Dostoyevsky 

Mussorgsky 

Trotsky

Kandinsky

Stravinsky

They sound like 1980’s Socceroos 

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair i don't think even Frank Spencer would have come out with a ridiculous statement's like 

after a 1-1 draw at home and  

when  neither resulted in anything positive happening  :biggrin:

To be fair Alfredo I thought he made it sound very positive.

A job at The Shed beckons!

O/G  the troll just bases his low footy   knowledge on stats or  press reports  etc etc  which is confirmed by his boring posts on this forum, in summing up he does.nt know Sh#T from Clay and is just laying bait on this footy forum    just ignore the  Troll   or use that button

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

O/G  the troll just bases his low footy   knowledge on stats or  press reports  etc etc  which is confirmed by his boring posts on this forum, in summing up he does.nt know Sh#T from Clay and is just laying bait on this footy forum    just ignore the  Troll   or use that button

Bottler, what press report ?

23 minutes ago, oldgit said:

"Underpinned by Conte's tactical nous" was what he said, but the rest of it mirrors my own views on the game. Now, if you choose to take the ESPN report as gospel, that's your lookout.

Come on, ye emoticon disciple, let's get down to brass tacks. All these snide little remarks, scouring of posts for a snippet, a syllable or word to suit your own agenda has absolutely nothing to do with discussing the game, which, as far as you're concerned, may as well have been a croquet match, because you have, let's face it, next to zero interest in the events that took place. No, it's a Chelsea thread so, tee hee, let's dive in and extract a phrase or two from a mountain of posts and attempt to take the piss.Something that you're akin to on a regular basis on other threads, I've noticed. Now, we could go on and on and on until the cows come home but my views of the match won't change because of what you say.

It wasn't a report, it was a discussion with Craig Burley (ex Chelsea player ) and Steve Nichol and i'd rather listen to them  than someone from the BBC, anyway suggest you have a listen as you might learn something ! to be fair to Keith he got it right when he said 

Cant believe this false 9 bollixs.

As for the rest of the waffle, i knew that type of post was coming, always does from you when your stumped for anything else to say,so let me give you a word of advice if you have nothing constructive further to say just stay stoom :whistling:

Edited by alfieconn

On 2/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, Blue Muton said:

What's with the "Chelski", I just don't get it?

They seem to be trying to make the connection between Chelsea and Russia , although "Ski" is a typical Polish name ending and Russian names tend to end with "ov" .

That was pointed out to them about ten years ago, although still continue with their "wit"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

It wasn't a report, it was a discussion with Craig Burley (ex Chelsea player ) and Steve Nichol and i'd rather listen to them  than someone from the BBC, anyway suggest you have a listen as you might learn something !

As for the rest of the waffle, i new that type of post was coming, always does from you when your stumped for anything else to say, just like your name calling post !!!

Burley, a bitter <deleted> who is almost unanimously disliked by Chelsea fans for the asinine anti-Chelsea gibberish that he has been spouting in the twenty years since his fifteen appearances / one goal a season career with us came to an end.

Edited by Blue Muton
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

They seem to be trying to make the connection between Chelsea and Russia , although "Ski" is a typical Polish name ending and Russian names tend to end with "ov" .

That was pointed out to them about ten years ago, although still continue with their "wit"

So, something along the lines of referring to Man City as being owned by Nigerians, Man United and Liverpool being owned by Bolivians and Leicester being owned by Koreans. "Wit" par excellence,  indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1