Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

21 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Looks like the widely regarded Jonathan Wilson was watching the same game as OG.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/21/barcelona-chelsea-champions-league-tactics

Well not in these extract's he wasn't watching the same game as  he basically said in the first extract that the plan went wrong with human error, selective reading dear boy ? 

the first leg, you suspect, went just as Antonio Conte would have wanted it to go – apart from the bit about not playing a square ball across your penalty area to Andrés Iniesta with 15 minutes of a Champions League match remaining. But that is the problem with great tactical plans: they always rely, ultimately, on that most fallible of species: humans.

Conte’s biggest selection decision was to select Eden Hazard as a false nine, rather than using Olivier Giroud or Álvaro Morata as a more orthodox centre-forward. That did, perhaps, deny Chelsea an easy outlet and there were times, in the first half especially, when it seemed they could not get out of their half and might be overwhelmed.

Edited by alfieconn

16 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well not in this extract he wasn't, selective reading dear boy ? 

Conte’s biggest selection decision was to select Eden Hazard as a false nine, rather than using Olivier Giroud or Álvaro Morata as a more orthodox centre-forward. That did, perhaps, deny Chelsea an easy outlet and there were times, in the first half especially, when it seemed they could not get out of their half and might be overwhelmed.

Well I purposely posted a link to the full article, safe in the knowledge that you would not be able to resist trawling for a snippet suit your purpose rather than acknowledge what it says in its entirety. 

Didn't take you long.

Edited by Blue Muton
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Looks like the widely regarded Jonathan Wilson was watching the same game as OG.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/21/barcelona-chelsea-champions-league-tactics

blue muton you have swallowed the bait .thought u were smarter then that  t am sorry about the above as we postedi at exactly the same time. ...thats all he doe.s on this forum.bait.bait..carmsy was a choir boy to this ???? but both tarred with the same brush and both spuds knobs  lol

Edited by evenstevens

22 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Well I purposely posted a link to the full article, safe in the knowledge that you would not be able to resist trawling for a snippet suit your purpose rather than acknowledge what it says in its entirety. 

Didn't you long.

You posted 

and i posted 2 extract's that said he wasn't entirely watching the same game, sorry about that, and as for reading the full article, the majority was about Barcelona and apart from saying 

But the positive was it gave them pace and flexibility when they broke. 

nowhere did he enthuse about Chelsea's counter attacking and Master tactics, so posting the article sort of backfired :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

Look the cruz of it is OG said :

"Tactical masterclass" of which i disagree with because i don't see how a home draw in a CL game can be said to be that,

he also said "Frustrate them into making a mistake and hit them on the counter with pace and precision" which i feel didn't work because you didn't create any decent chance's from them.

Now i'm sorry that some of you don't like my opinion but that's just the way it is, if you don't want to see my opinion then block me, how simple is that ? 

Toodle pip 

Edited by alfieconn

8 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

So, something along the lines of referring to Man City as being owned by Nigerians, Man United and Liverpool being owned by Bolivians and Leicester being owned by Koreans. "Wit" par excellence,  indeed.

Being called Chelski bothering you after 14 years?

By the way, I think it's spelt -ski and not -sky (as in Slutsky) because people would have mispronounced the -sky (would have said it as that big blue thing above us), so Chelski is a better spelling.

Next you'll have us debating the rights and wrongs of the use of the word Citeh.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Whats a matta with Morata....looks to me like he cant wait to go down. Matic how many more fouls he gonna concede before he gets his card??

Morata always looks like that Keith. Soft as whipped cream.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Whats a matta with Morata....looks to me like he cant wait to go down. Matic how many more fouls he gonna concede before he gets his card??

Yes Keith, he looks like Mourinho's stuck him on the weights as he's bulked up a lot. What with Pogba as well, they looked like a couple of mountain men patrolling the midfield. Frustration is the emotion I feel, after that game, as I thought we played well, especially in the first half. Morata knuckled down a bit after the break and stayed on his feet, probably after a bollocking from Conte. A bit of insipid defending by Rudiger and Alonso allowed Lukaku (another bulked up giant) to cross the ball for their winner.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Yes Keith, he looks like Mourinho's stuck him on the weights as he's bulked up a lot. What with Pogba as well, they looked like a couple of mountain men patrolling the midfield. Frustration is the emotion I feel, after that game, as I thought we played well, especially in the first half. Morata knuckled down a bit after the break and stayed on his feet, probably after a bollocking from Conte. A bit of insipid defending by Rudiger and Alonso allowed Lukaku (another bulked up giant) to cross the ball for their winner.

Gutted in all honesty Og ...thought we done more than enough to win that game. Drinwater played well i thought and Willian again....not so impressed by Alonso thought he could have done a bit more. Top 4 all to play for still....but we are right behind the 8 ball now. Still draw 2 -2 with Barca and .......the rest is history.?

• Like 2

Why take Hazard off! I don’t understand. Willian looked tired for the entire second half, wandering about like a lost boy, very little defensive work, consistently losing procession? Yes ok he was good for periods of the first half and scored a good goal but he offered very little in the second half.

I still don’t understand the Hazard substitution at 1-1. Makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

Why take Hazard off! I don’t understand. Willian looked tired for the entire second half, wandering about like a lost boy, very little defensive work, consistently losing procession? Yes ok he was good for periods of the first half and scored a good goal but he offered very little in the second half.

And Pedro was worthless to boot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Yep...with you on Willian MrTrip he looked done. Hazard...maybe Conte was thinking that manure had settled for a draw (which they had before a thuckking ball was kicked imo) therefore save Eden for next week....dont think he thought that Pedro would offer thuck all which is exactly what he did offer. Plus what is worse is to go 4 4 2 and then not cross the thuckking ball in to the 2 people you have now got up front....all in all a bad second half.

School report says must do better for the whole 90 minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Yes mate, I was a bit peeved when Hazard was removed as, out of the two of em, he looked the fresher. What disappointed me more was, when Giroud came on and linked up with Morata , I thought we would test them in the air but it didn't happen. When they fell back protecting their lead, plus bringing on Bailly to bolster their defence, we still tried to work it through the centre where there was no space. Then, of course, there was the goal that never was.

• Like 1

on the eve of M/citys match   ,according to press reports ,  Conte  The  Jerk    has given another verbal spray  towards  The  Board , over the T/F  windows dealings  this  season,    with luck ,    he will be taken off  the  life support system   within the next 48 hours!!!

Must admit ...dissapointed by that team selection,was hoping Emerson would start and Giroud and we would go 4 4 2 . Just hope that if it aint working Conte changes it earlier enough. On our day we can beat anyone...just hope today is that day. Come on Chels 3-1 or 1-3 to be precise.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nothing to rave about...though we should be playing against 10 men...if that aint a red card what tf is??? 

Conte is scratching his head wondering what he has to do to get a permanent red. 

• Like 1