Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

went excactly according to my script , therefore not disappionted at all

Conte  The  Jerk  has totally lost the plot  having two strikers (fit)sitting on the bench,and playing your Main attacking kingpin(Hazard),as a false number nine , defy,s all logic for y/days match , how do you think Morata/Giroud feel sitting there???certainly would do them no confidence,would it???

since the beginning of the season his constant moaning and bitching, has been counter productive in all area,s ,particular the dressing sheds (4 losses out of the last 5  E.P.L matchs) a miracle is now needed for the up coming Barca match ,or Conte is off life support, E/S on this thread has been begging it for months , this Jerk is a very volotile character when things are not his way, his tenure at Juventus proves that, at least he will not be here next season,

King Carlo with Lamps as his side kick would be my first choice,and no one else, a very nice morning to all my adoring fans on the footy forum, (i know youse luv me)

8 hours ago, champers said:

I thought Conte was toast after the Watford debacle. He must be wondering what he has to do (or not) to get the push.

Yeah, between his comments off the pitch and bizarre moves on the pitch, you have to think he's angling to get sacked ASAP.

Were I a Chelsea fan I think I would be more worried about the increasing possibility that the likes of Hazard and Courtois will opt to move on. It looks like the well is being poisoned. Conte did a bang up job last season, but the ongoing feud between he and management could have some nasty consequences.

• Like 1

Just now, jellydog said:

Were I a Chelsea fan I think I would be more worried about the increasing possibility that the likes of Hazard and Courtois will opt to move on. It looks like the well is being poisoned. Conte did a bang up job last season, but the ongoing feud between he and management could have some nasty consequences.

Trouble with being a plaything is occasionally you will be the toy at the bottom of the box.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Trouble with being a plaything is occasionally you will be the toy at the bottom of the box.

That's a bit harsh Ronnie. Roman attends more games than any other owner I can think of in the PL. I think he's shown that he considers Chelsea much more than his play thing

However, I do like the analogy. Think I'll steal that one :tongue:

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The defending champions dressed up like lambs going to a slaughter. And they were. 1-0 does not tell the story. Put up a struggle and go down 3-1/3-0 etc.

Sorry but I have to disagree....football today is as much about tactics as well as an entertainment spectacle....there is too much money at stake to believe otherwise.....if the opposition is vastly superior that you feel you cannot take them on head to head then you try and devise a plan to nullify the danger areas...it may not be pretty but its common sense.

City deservedly won...by far the better side....and a tribute to them the tactics that other sides are using against them,it can only help City in their quest for European honours :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The plan was correct but the execution was half good and half insipid. Why? Because Cesc Fabregas  isn't N'Golo Kante. He would have been key to Conte's plan to nullify their midfield, with his energy and tackling ability, then help to set up the counter but, alas, he was lying on his back in the team coach. And whenever we did get the chance to get forward, our passing or final pass was abysmal with Pedro the guilty party. That was the 'insipid' part because I thought our defending was disciplined and organised in the face of a quick, skilful attack.

People talk about the Premier League as the most competitive in the world but, for the first time since we won the title in 2004 -2005, City are absolutely cantering away with it. That's because they're very good and have players that can make the opposition look silly. We have a pragmatic coach who identified the strengths and weakness in the squad very quickly last season (he had to, because he was preoccupied with Italy's national team) and, with organisation and discipline coupled with some flair, we won the League. That hasn't been enough this season because City have that and loads more. 

Back to the game and, with Fabregas and Drinkwater in midfield, it would have been foolhardy to take City on. Looking at the bench, we could have swopped  Alonso for Emerson and Zappacosta for Moses from the start, adding more pace down the flanks but, they still would have had to defend most of the time. 

What was very disappointing was Conte's reluctance to change things, after we went 1-0 down. We needed a goal back so, give Giroud a good 40 minutes to test their back line and Morata half an hour to get into the game. Neither happened and, with Morata's ludicrous substitution in the last minute, City were content to knock the ball around until Conte made up his mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

The plan was correct but the execution was half good and half insipid. Why? Because Cesc Fabregas  isn't N'Golo Kante. He would have been key to Conte's plan to nullify their midfield, with his energy and tackling ability, then help to set up the counter but, alas, he was lying on his back in the team coach. And whenever we did get the chance to get forward, our passing or final pass was abysmal with Pedro the guilty party. That was the 'insipid' part because I thought our defending was disciplined and organised in the face of a quick, skilful attack.

People talk about the Premier League as the most competitive in the world but, for the first time since we won the title in 2004 -2005, City are absolutely cantering away with it. That's because they're very good and have players that can make the opposition look silly. We have a pragmatic coach who identified the strengths and weakness in the squad very quickly last season (he had to, because he was preoccupied with Italy's national team) and, with organisation and discipline coupled with some flair, we won the League. That hasn't been enough this season because City have that and loads more. 

Back to the game and, with Fabregas and Drinkwater in midfield, it would have been foolhardy to take City on. Looking at the bench, we could have swopped  Alonso for Emerson and Zappacosta for Moses from the start, adding more pace down the flanks but, they still would have had to defend most of the time. 

What was very disappointing was Conte's reluctance to change things, after we went 1-0 down. We needed a goal back so, give Giroud a good 40 minutes to test their back line and Morata half an hour to get into the game. Neither happened and, with Morata's ludicrous substitution in the last minute, City were content to knock the ball around until Conte made up his mind.

honestly u old knee jerker a stiff whiff of the smelling  salts is urgently required in your case  .  as the above is load of manure.quite frankly u are in disneyland.defending conte the jerk..we are running 5th  you fluffin mug btw good to see the owl has flown back

Edited by evenstevens

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you not think there's a comparison :tongue:

Sorry of course there is ....you have both passed it around all thuccking day against us with our consent and done thucck all with it. Thats the comparison. 

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That's a bit harsh Ronnie. Roman attends more games than any other owner I can think of in the PL. I think he's shown that he considers Chelsea much more than his play thing

However, I do like the analogy. Think I'll steal that one :tongue:

What is it with mancs and being smugg...

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I read the 'manc' quote (by MrBj) as defending your owner from the quote of a Spurs fan (Ronald). Where is the smugness?

How long is a peace of string? "Record number of passes.....blah blah blah 

"Comparisons with Barca blah blah blah

"Wonder kid Zincheko who is he blah blah blah??? Who is he??? He is the little thucckrr who should have got a straight red.

But for all your possesion and passes (like Barca) 1 goal each....courtesey of us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Sorry but I have to disagree....football today is as much about tactics as well as an entertainment spectacle....there is too much money at stake to believe otherwise.....if the opposition is vastly superior that you feel you cannot take them on head to head then you try and devise a plan to nullify the danger areas...it may not be pretty but its common sense.

There has always been some sort of tactics in a football match; at least since I've been following it. That said there is a big difference between being tactical and being negative. I didn't mention entertaining, I am not best pleased because they seemed to hang hopes on a City own goal or defensive blunder right from team orders.

I think they tried to do a Wigan and failed miserably. Better to give it a go and lose with pride. When I watch the defending champions I expect to see some adventure, craft and guile. Chelsea are not on  great run at the present but should have 'give it a go'.

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

Perhaps they were content with 1-0.

Might be known as a master tactician in some quarters; but not last night in my view.

Get rid and get in Hodgson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evenstevens said:

good to see the owl has flown back

I fell out with True over a bill. Went with AIS; utter rubbish. Agent from came round and offered me True wifi on a month-to-month basis. Sorted.

And sidelined is the old analytical, honest-appraisal Owl; changed to 'hard-hitting' and rocking-the-boat Owl.

Also got up with reading about; "farang caught shagging in sugar field' and "Trump loses another marble". Can't think why I left. Oh yea!! Lost internet for a month. That's it!! Old age creepin' up. Memory playing tricks.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

How long is a peace of string? "Record number of passes.....blah blah blah 

"Comparisons with Barca blah blah blah

"Wonder kid Zincheko who is he blah blah blah??? Who is he??? He is the little thucckrr who should have got a straight red.

But for all your possesion and passes (like Barca) 1 goal each....courtesey of us.

Your not very happy Keith, I get it but take it out on Conte. Non of us have come on here gloating, in fact I said on the City thread that you would all be angry as I would be at a totally toothless performance.

• Like 1