Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^He does look like a Postman Pat character doesn't he: I had been wondering if I was the only one who sees it ;-)

It might be just a malicious rumour but i hear he has......a Black and White Cat ☻

• Like 1

So, Bats scores for Dortmund yet again, Salah got 4 yesterday, Lukaku and Matic with the goals for Yanited, even Piazon netted for Fulham. Here's hoping the guys who are still with us have got their shooting boots on tonight.

I still love the Cup and would love it if we can lift it again in May, but I have to confess to not being overly confident at the moment!

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Muton said:

So, Bats scores for Dortmund yet again, Salah got 4 yesterday, Lukaku and Matic with the goals for Yanited, even Piazon netted for Fulham. Here's hoping the guys who are still with us have got their shooting boots on tonight.

I still love the Cup and would love it if we can lift it again in May, but I have to confess to not being overly confident at the moment!

Here's a fan who puts emotions aside and see it for what it is.  Some serious changes need to happen at Chelsea and bringing back the old hands is not gonna solve it. Maybe lampard, but terry as Keith the genius mentioned. jody Morris is just todays version of Graham rix. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Your allowed to be "not overly confident"  At our best we are far too good for this lot.....but we have seldom been at our best. I expect goals cards the lot tonight and hopefully a win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Here's a fan who puts emotions aside and see it for what it is.  Some serious changes need to happen at Chelsea and bringing back the old hands is not gonna solve it. Maybe lampard, but terry as Keith the genius mentioned. jody Morris is just todays version of Graham rix. 

Is that some sort of metaphore "Morris and Rix" or you just on the sauce early??

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

Is that some sort of metaphore "Morris and Rix" or you just on the sauce early??

Rix and morris are from the same cloth. Colourful unprofessional people weighing your club down. Terry the same cloth.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Rix and morris are from the same cloth. Colourful unprofessional people weighing your club down. Terry the same cloth.

Your stuck in a time warp pal. Rix is long gone....Terry to....and Jody,s boys have just one the under 18S league cup.....put that in ya peaky blinder hat.

After a crisis of confidence spell, I think Conte must have had a heart to heart with Morata, because he was back to his early season form last night. He was lively, stayed on his feet much more and never gave Maguire and Morgan a moment's peace. That flying backheel flick from Fabregas's cross that hit the bar, but was ruled offside anyway, was very classy. Hazard has hit a brick wall by his high standards, but he worked hard defensively to make up for it. Willian continues to play well while Kante is just irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can you guys clarify this for me. I reckon Mourinho once made 3 first half subs all at the same time or am I dreaming? He didn't do it or he did it once or he's done it a few times?

can clearly remember in his first tenure doing a sub on a sub within mins in the first half.and from memory he did another sub.too.perhaps its your answer

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

After a crisis of confidence spell, I think Conte must have had a heart to heart with Morata, because he was back to his early season form last night. He was lively, stayed on his feet much more and never gave Maguire and Morgan a moment's peace. That flying backheel flick from Fabregas's cross that hit the bar, but was ruled offside anyway, was very classy. Hazard has hit a brick wall by his high standards, but he worked hard defensively to make up for it. Willian continues to play well while Kante is just irreplaceable. 

giving a wrap to your pin up jerk.lol.  started  baka the lumbersome.cumbersome turd.and got the same smell  .a loan out next season in stall as no dumb knob would buy the turd 

I'm probably thinking of this one (though I had thought Maureens 3 at once substitution had resulted in a victory)

Game: Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea
Manager: Jose Mourinho
Substitution: Eidur Gudjohnsen on for Geremi/Frank Lampard on for Joe Cole/Damien Duff on for Tiago
Jose Mourinho is held in almost infallible esteem in England, but one game in particular against Newcastle United in the 2005 FA Cup proved the Portuguese was capable of getting it wrong. After going 1-0 down to Newcastle at St James' Park, Mourinho made the bold move of using all of his substitutions at half time, but his bold gamble backfired.Wayne Bridge was injured shortly into the second half, while Damien Duff was also crocked, but remained on the field purely to bolster Chelsea's dwindling numbers, and William Gallas was also limping by the end. To make matters worse, Carlo Cudiciniwas sent off for fouling Shola Ameobi, rounding off a not so special result for the Special One. Newcastle comfortably advanced to the quarter-finals.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm probably thinking of this one (though I had thought Maureens 3 at once substitution had resulted in a victory)

Game: Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea
Manager: Jose Mourinho
Substitution: Eidur Gudjohnsen on for Geremi/Frank Lampard on for Joe Cole/Damien Duff on for Tiago
Jose Mourinho is held in almost infallible esteem in England, but one game in particular against Newcastle United in the 2005 FA Cup proved the Portuguese was capable of getting it wrong. After going 1-0 down to Newcastle at St James' Park, Mourinho made the bold move of using all of his substitutions at half time, but his bold gamble backfired.Wayne Bridge was injured shortly into the second half, while Damien Duff was also crocked, but remained on the field purely to bolster Chelsea's dwindling numbers, and William Gallas was also limping by the end. To make matters worse, Carlo Cudiciniwas sent off for fouling Shola Ameobi, rounding off a not so special result for the Special One. Newcastle comfortably advanced to the quarter-finals.

Most significant to me was Jose taking off both Joe Cole and Shaun Wright Philips against Fulham.....after about 25/30 mins of the 1st half..

...i mean who does that.....answer him.

I,ll be honest i was pretty bored with the same 11 taking to field yet again and then the same subs replacing the same players as always...i was hoping Zappa would start instead off Moses and Emerson for Alonso and Cho starting instead of Hazard or Willian.We have a 25 man squad only Luiz is out (i think and Ampudu) but it is almost the same 15 every week....change it up what the hell lets have something fresh....just my opinion.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can you guys clarify this for me. I reckon Mourinho once made 3 first half subs all at the same time or am I dreaming? He didn't do it or he did it once or he's done it a few times?

I think he once did it at half time. It was not unknown for him to sub a sub!

15 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I think he once did it at half time. It was not unknown for him to sub a sub!

Matic is the one I remember, in his second spell at the club. Astonished Matic joined him at United after that kick in the b*****ks.

21 hours ago, evenstevens said:

giving a wrap to your pin up jerk.lol.  started  baka the lumbersome.cumbersome turd.and got the same smell  .a loan out next season in stall as no dumb knob would buy the turd 

Yeah, yeah we all know he's playing badly and his confidence is shot to pieces but, tee hee, the Wombat wants to join the rest of the sheep on the f****ng  'let's bash Baka' bandwagon and have a jolly good chortle at the geezer's expense. And all this crap about the bloke's "s**t" is rubbish from the numbskulls who claim to know about football. The bloke was never "s**t" when he played for  Monaco, he was never "s**t" when he joined Chelsea for 40 million and many of the same neanderthals, that were singing his name in the stands, and afterwards, at Atletico Madrid are weighing in with the boot, and he's not "s**t" now, just like the Talksport disciples were saying Torres was "s**t" when he played for us, completely ignoring what he had achieved at Liverpool and Spain beforehand, and, incidently what he has gone on to achieve at Atletico. These players were and are never "s**t". They are playing badly for a multitude of reasons, none of which you, me, the rest of the fans and the so called sports pundits, know about but the reason certainly isn't because they are "s**t". And before you go on about the wages he earns and, because of that, he warrants some vitriolic, nasty, spiteful language from the keyboard warriors, but stand on me, what he's getting at the end of the month is the last thing on his mind when he takes the field. This is his first season in the Premier League and he needs time to adapt, to get to grips with the pace and physicality of the game. For example, everybody has been waxing lyrical about Moussa Dembele this season, and placing him in the top echelon of the world's midfielders. He's "irreplaceable" they say, but where were these people, who are licking his a**e now, when he was at Fulham in 2010? Nowhere to be seen because, to them, he was just another player . He's 30 years old now and, 7 years on, it's taken that long to show his true ability. Players need time and, I for one, hope he gets it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I,ll be honest i was pretty bored with the same 11 taking to field yet again and then the same subs replacing the same players as always...i was hoping Zappa would start instead off Moses and Emerson for Alonso and Cho starting instead of Hazard or Willian.We have a 25 man squad only Luiz is out (i think and Ampudu) but it is almost the same 15 every week....change it up what the hell lets have something fresh....just my opinion.

What has happened to Ross Barklay? Is he injured again?

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, yeah we all know he's playing badly and his confidence is shot to pieces          Players need time and, I for one, hope he gets it.

your first paragraph  says it all  knee jerker.baka is a shot bird as i posted y./day baka needs to go out on loan next seadon to get his marbles back if he had any at all. you can rant and rave all you like about e./s  .but i post without fear or favour.  and do not. get into your gutter level of slagging the personality of  a member posts such as your last one   tbh u are just a no volitude knob 

Edited by evenstevens
  • Haha 1