Trump open to talks with North Korea

webfact

US election: Donald Trump open to talks with North Korea

NEW YORK: -- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he is willing to meet the North Korean leader to discuss Pyongyang's nuclear programme.

"I would speak to him, I would have no problem speaking to him," the businessman said of Kim Jong-un.

The proposed meeting would mark a significant change of US policy towards the politically isolated regime.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36318752

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-18

And I would tell him, i would have no problem telling him, cos as you may have heard people say about me, that I have no problem telling people things, that's the kind of guy I am.......He'll probably end up getting drinks in with Dear Leader and Dennis Rodman and coming back with a deal to construct 20 Trump towers and a golf course on some prime Pyongyang real estate.

Here's an idea, built a 50 foot tall wall around N. Korea and make sure no one comes in or out of there,

Talks? what talk? this fat boy can teach you a thing or two about milking the west for freebees

while developing nuclear and long rang missile capabilities thumbing his nose at them....

the only ' talks ' this boy will understand are words backed up by a big stick......

Trump says he'd speak with Kim Jong Un over nukes
BY MATTHEW PENNINGTON, Associated Press
JILL COLVIN, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he's open to speaking with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to try to halt the communist nation's nuclear program.

"I would speak to him, I would have no problem speaking to him," Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, told Reuters in an interview Tuesday.

"At the same time I would put a lot of pressure on China because economically we have tremendous power over China," he added.

It was unclear whether Trump was referring to bilateral talks between the U.S. and North Korea or a face-to-face meeting. But either would mark a significant departure from the current situation. There has been little dialogue between the U.S. and North Korea since Pyongyang pulled out of international aid-for-disarmament negotiations with the U.S. and other nations in 2008.

The Obama administration says it has been willing to resume those talks, but only if the North commits to the aim of giving up nuclear weapons. Kim Jong Un has instead doubled down on his nuclear program, holding two nuclear test explosions since he took power four years ago. He's also launched long-range rockets into space, intensifying fears that the North is moving closer to have a nuclear-tipped ballistic missile that could threaten the American mainland. In response, the U.S. has led the international effort to step up sanctions on the North.

Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton's campaign jumped on Trump's remarks.

"Let me get this straight," said Clinton adviser Jake Sullivan. "Donald Trump insults the leader of our closest ally, then turns around and says he'd love to talk to Kim Jong Un?" Sullivan was referring to Trump's recent feud with British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Sullivan added: "I suppose that makes sense for him, since he also praised Kim Jong Un for executing his uncle and seems to have a bizarre fascination with foreign strongmen like (Russian President Vladimir) Putin and Kim. But his approach to foreign policy makes no sense for the rest of us."

No sitting U.S. president has met with the leader of North Korea, although former U.S. presidents have met with Kim Jong Un's predecessors on visits to the isolated nation. Jimmy Carter met in 1994 with Kim Il Sung, the current leader's grandfather — a meeting that paved the way for a disarmament agreement negotiated by the Clinton administration that later collapsed. Bill Clinton met with Kim Jong Il, the current leader's father, in 2009 when he traveled to Pyongyang to secure the release of two detained American journalists.

As a presidential candidate, Barack Obama was criticized by both Republican and Democratic rivals for saying he would be willing to meet with leaders of nations like Iran, Cuba and North Korea without preconditions. Hillary Clinton said at the time that Obama's position was naive and irresponsible.

Obama cast his position as a break from President George W. Bush's foreign policy and the notion that the U.S. could punish a country by not talking to its leaders.

Now in his eighth year as president, Obama has never met with North Korea's leaders. He has met with Cuban President Raul Castro, including in Havana this year, though their first meeting came only after negotiations between their countries about normalizing relations.

Obama was willing to meet with Iran's President Hassan Rouhani at the United Nations in 2013, but the Iranian leader turned down the meeting. The two did speak by phone days later, a call that came as the U.S. eyed nuclear talks with its longtime foe.

In the Reuters interview, Trump also called for a renegotiation of the Paris climate accord, a global effort aimed at reducing carbon emissions, and said that, if elected president, he would dismantle most of the Dodd-Frank financial regulations that were put in place after the financial crisis.

He also said he's planning to release a detailed policy platform on the economy in two weeks.

___

Colvin reported from New Jersey. Associated Press writer Julie Pace contributed to this report.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-18

Looks and sounds like he can do things and go places others could/would not because he tows no line when it comes to the status quo. He obviously doesn't care about pissing people off as long as it benefits America and Americans.

In related news, Trump has confirmed that Dennis Rodman will be appointed his Secretary of State especially to deal with N. Korea. News reports were that Trump wanted someone as thoughtful and with an intellect as keen as his to deal with foreign affairs.

dennis-rodman-feat--kim-jong-un-reload-9

"I would speak to him, I would have no problem speaking to him, I am a great speaker! I have a huuuuuusch vocabulary!"

Will he take Rodman with him?

So three idiots can really talk it out!?

coffee1.gif

This is the frightening side of Trump. He's not got a clue of how to approach any international issue. KJU would run rings around him. Thank god Trump won't get elected because the outcome could well be catastrophic for the world. On the other hand, what a hoot! This is the daily fix from the Trump media machine and certainly a step up from the last few attempts. More popcorn over here please!

Trump slammed over suggested North Korea talks

606x341_332971.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has caused a stir once again. This time he has declared he is willing to to talk to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to discuss Pyongyang’s nuclear programme.

The proposed meeting would mark a significant change of US policy towards the politically isolated regime.

North Korea first tested nuclear weapons in 2006, in breach of international agreements, and has made repeated threats of nuclear strikes against South Korea and the US.

Currently, any contact between with the US happens between officials, not at a presidential level.

“I would speak to him, I would have no problems speaking to him, at the same time I would put a lot of pressure on China because economically we have tremendous power over China.
China can solve that problem with one meeting or one phone call,” said Trump.

An advisor to Hillary Clinton, the leading Democratic presidential candidate, criticised Trump saying his approach to foreign policy makes “no sense”.

Trump’s comments about North Korea emerged in an interview with Reuters news agency in which he also expressed disapproval of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s military actions in eastern Ukraine.

Putin is a figure who Trump has previously said he respects.

Billionaire Donald Trump will be formally made the Republican party presidential candidate at a convention in July.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-18

So, instead he should just adopt the same 'ol crap policy that hasn't worked in over 70 years with anybody? Country leaders SHOULD talk about their counties together and NOT through 3rd or 4th party interpretations of what may or may not have ever been intended.

Trump, to appease the GOP establishment, agreed to meet with both James Baker last week (SecState under Bush I), and yesterday with Henry Kissinger (Mister foreign policy) at Kissinger's Manhattan apartment for an hour. I wonder if anything sunk in, and if he will hold his ill-informed, inexperienced tongue a little. I can only imagine the disapproving and disgusted look that Kissinger gave him as he sat him down in his apartment

0,,18050246_404,00.jpg

If Trump is going to have any hope of stopping looking stupid, he will have to start meeting with, listening to, and taking the advice of experts and importantly, shutting his trap.

They have a lot of similar business interests and mutual setup possibility

I can see Trump Kim Salons / Kim Palace Trump Hotels / Kim Helitrumps Services

$$$$$$$$$$ ...sang to the tune of his reality show ....money....monnnnnneyyyyy

Hahhahahah :) this will be the best real time TV for the next 4 years when he wins ! Cant wait !