Clinton wins in Kentucky, Sanders takes Oregon

snoop1130

Clinton wins in Kentucky, Sanders takes Oregon

606x341_332988.jpg

• Clinton gets narrow win in Kentucky
  • Sanders takes Oregon
  • Scroll down for the latest on delegate numbers

Clinton on-the-nose in Kentucky

Hillary Clinton has had a narrow win in the Kentucky primary.

With the majority of votes counted, the former first lady was only 0.5% ahead.

Democratic presidential hopeful Clinton has a significant lead in the number of delegates.

She remains the front-runner to be nominated as the party’s presidential candidate in June.

What about Bernie Sanders?

Clinton’s main opponent, Bernie Sanders, has won the primary in Oregon.

He has refused to give up the fight. Resisting pressure to bow out, he says he will be in the contest “until the last ballot is cast”.

“When we began this campaign a little over a year ago, we were 60 points behind Secretary Clinton in the polls. We had no political organisation, no money, very little name recognition. The media and the pundits determined that we were a ‘fringe’ candidacy. Well, a lot has changed in the last year,” Sanders told reporters.

Both Democrat candidates are now heading into the “delegate-rich” California primary next month.

Analysts are reading the neck-and-neck primary race between the pair as an indication of how divided the party is.

Delegate tracker

Democrats (need 2,383 to win)

• Hillary Clinton – 2,291
  • Bernie Sanders – 1,528

Republicans (need 1,237 to win)

• Donald Trump – 1,160

Get the latest on delegates for the Democrats and Republicans here

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-18

Hillary on the train to nowhere, again. In 2008 she recieved 65% of Kentucky's vote, yesterday she received just 47%. Clinton was nowhere to be seen yesterday as she is holing up. Hillary has always been the victim and runs a campaign of weakness making controversies out of nothing, the ole blame game.

Won't work this year in America, we don't want to be ruled by victims, we want winners. Hillary is a loser who has always ran on coat tails of both Obama and Bill, as the Brits would rightly say "nothing new here".

When her and her surrogates compare girls changing room privacy from perverts in North Carolina with slavery, it is grabbing at straws. When she supports big government withholding school funds from states education funds it is a losing cause, pitting big government against the masses.

Hillary's continued display of personal weakness and efforts to hid from the hard questions and the American public will not sell. She is doomed as a candidate and best hope for the Dems this time around is that the FBI win the race in the democrat party and Sanders who has appeal, gets the nomination. Bernie is not hanging around for a delegate win, he is still in it as the FBI continues to conduct the criminal investigation on Hillary. Bernie still has a chance.

All those college kids supporting Sanders are used to getting their way. For their entire lives, every time they so much as blow their nose, they're used to mommy/daddy/teacher/professor rushing over to make-ems every wittle ting alllllright for the poor little brats. They will not take kindly to Clinton taking away their toys. Look for a blood bath before, during, and after the Democratic Convention as the spoiled kiddies stomp their feet, cry, whine, and throw toys and feces from their cribs. Trump, the inevitable!

I don't think the media and/or democratic party should advertise the super delegates until he convention: It can sway voters. I have seen a few people interviewed that said they would have voted for Sanders if they hought he had a chance, but he was so far behind. (900 or so at the time I think) The TRUTH, however, was that he was only 350 odd behind. Right now the real numbers are 1768 to 1494 (much closer than the advertised 2291 to 1528. :mellow: Unfortunately the damage has already been done...how many more voters changed votes because they thought they were backing a losing horse (human nature). As an outsider it just seems odd that 600 people basically have the power to nullify the choice of millions :blink:

Edited by SABloke

Could it be that Bernie has a chance of winning the nomination? I would urge all Americans to grasp the opportunity to get Bernie the nomination which would certainly lead to him winning the election. I think the outside world would welcome that and give the USA a much needed new direction.

Could it be that Bernie has a chance of winning the nomination? I would urge all Americans to grasp the opportunity to get Bernie the nomination which would certainly lead to him winning the election. I think the outside world would welcome that and give the USA a much needed new direction.

Less than one percent chance and that's being charitable.

Next ...

Bernie gives Hillary a 'gut punch' in Oregon.

Go Bernie

Yes. Go to Philly Bernie and endorse Hillary. Which is exactly what's gonna happen.

Can't I have one brief moment of victory JT?

It's over. Primary victories are meaningless now. It's time to unite in the epic fight to stop America from electing a fascist demagogue. Geez. Wake up!

If America doesn't turn out in their millions to defeat Trump then in the short term I see no future for America. It will be socially and economically ruined and totally isolated from its allies. The State will be irrevocably captured. If the People did rise up to take back their Government they would be confronted with a militarised Police Force. National Guard and possibly US Armed Forces. The wealthy elite and Corporate America will not relinquish their money and power without an all in fight to the death.

Less than one percent chance and that's being charitable.

Next ...

There's still hope. She hasn't ruled him out as a VP candidate.

And right or wrong, the Repubs aren't going to give up on impeaching her. And who knows what will crawl out of the closet?

We may have a Sanders presidency yet. Maybe 3% (Higher if there's a whack job out there, God forbid....).

And as far as announcing the Super Candidates, they shouldn't even have Super Candidates. They're an abomination to guaranty the will of the majority will only prevail if it matches the will of the entrenched power mongers.

Edited by impulse

It's over. Primary victories are meaningless now. It's time to unite in the epic fight to stop America from electing a fascist demagogue. Geez. Wake up!

If America doesn't turn out in their millions to defeat Trump then in the short term I see no future for America. It will be socially and economically ruined and totally isolated from its allies. The State will be irrevocably captured. If the People did rise up to take back their Government they would be confronted with a militarised Police Force. National Guard and possibly US Armed Forces. The wealthy elite and Corporate America will not relinquish their money and power without an all in fight to the death.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well...He is right about one thing. The corporate oligarchs will not relinquish power easily which is why Clinton is still the favorite to win in spite of recent polls trending against her.

Eventually Trump had to 'come to heel' and do a deal with the Republican Establishment. He simply does not have the money or the courage to fund an entire General Election campaign. A meeting of the minds. The question is can he undo the damage he has done with Women, Hispanics, African American, Muslims etc and still whip up the ignorant racist bigoted Republican base. One thing I do know about women is they NEVER forget and NEVER forgive.