Pattaya Triathlon Super Series 2016 – And Result

rooster59

Pattaya Triathlon Super Series 2016 – And Result

by Vanessa Saenngarm

post-247607-0-20363300-1463890849_thumb.

PATTAYA: On 20th of May, at the Dusit Thai Hotel Pattaya, Chonburi, the Triathlon Super Series Commitee hosted the games. They set up a headquarter for registration and welcomed over 17000 Ironman participants. Ironman participants both Thai and Foreigners came from all over the world to take part in the games.

The competition started at 6 am on 21st of May on Pattaya Beach, Chonburi.

This is the 2nd Annual Triathlon Games and it has gained wide interest from International competitors.

With Pattaya being fully equipped to handle the games, good security, and having great weather, we were nominated to be the number 1 New Triathlon League in Asia.

This year we honor Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabh joining the Supersprint which comprises of 750 meter running, 25 km cycling, and finishing with another 8 km running.

Also participating in this event is Australian Chris McCormack, a 4 times Triathlon World Champion, Michelle Paul Robin and Caleb Sadler who are also former Triathlon Champions.

Pattaya Triathlon Superseries 2016 comprises of 3 continuous sequential endurance disciplines.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224418/pattaya-triathlon-super-series-2016/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-22

17,000? Hardly. Was there in the am for the start and I'd guess a 1,000. Majority were Thai: guessing maybe 70%.

Appeared to be well run with none of the hiccups of the last marathon.

I think they just added a 0 by mistake. 1700 seems to be more correct. And I would guess maybe 100 of them were foreigners. Edited by balo