Dhammachayo is sick in sterile ward at temple

webfact

Quite a few years ago I had DVT in my right leg whilst I was in Indonesia back in 1995.

I was going off to Labuan anyway and my company booked me into a hospital in Singapore on the way where I spent 2 nights in a private room was seen to by the doctors and was sent out on a weeks sick leave.

It hurt to walk but cleared up after a few days on prescribed meds.

It wasn't the worst problem I have had but I could live with it.

Since then (touches wood) I have had no problems with it .

TBF I was only 51 and not 70 odd so I think it would affect me more today, but I certainly wouldn't be a drama queen over it.

New lie from a corrupt monk.....

It's very amazing, his doctor prefers treat him in a pseudo sterile room than in a hospital with adequate structure.

It's time to arrest him

That could turn into cancer! I'm curious why the police always wait for people to turn themselves in? Surely they are not so difficult to find!

It's a pain when you can never be sure somebody knows what they're talking about.

Epidemiology

• DVT has an annual incidence of about 1 in 1,000 people.[2]
  • Major risk factors for VTE include a prior history of DVT, age over 60 years, surgery, obesity, prolonged travel, acute medical illness, cancer, immobility, thrombophilia and pregnancy.[1]
  • One study found that 50-70% of patients had readily identifiable risk factors.[3]
  • Many cases of DVT and PE remain undiagnosed, even when they are the immediate cause of death. PE is clinically suspected in less than half the people who die from it. DVT can be found in 70-80% of people with PE if sensitive diagnostic tools are used but signs of DVT are only present in 15%.[4]

The close relationship between DVT and pulmonary PE is such that the term venous thromboembolism (VTE) is often used to cover both conditions.

Edited by silent

Please if the ward is sterile

old mate doing the wai , would not be there,

what a

Pantomime

Steady on,he's making an effort, he's been down the local 7/11 and bought a pack of face masks, and he's put a freebie shower cap on his bonce! What more proof do you want?

Better than a scene from faulty towers.

Staged for the media nothing else.

Sterile ward my a..e, standing around , no sterile gowns.

Just another attempt at dodging justice.

He's even wearing his orange cloth :rolleyes:
Have always loved his long sleeve t-shirts. Not an issue shirt I assume.

You'd think he would take his glasses off in bed. They also seem to have russled up some serious medical equipment for what is just clogged arteries? Surely the treatment would be blood thinning treatments and no need for all that equipment? Even no expense spared on the hospital bed! So its all about showing foot; i mean face.

DSI (for malpractice) and the Ministry of Health (for incompetence) should also check the medical licenses of the attending doctors. If any of the alleged doctors were legitimate and competent, one of them could have issued the medical certificate instead of a hospital deputy. Just because they are referred to as doctors and wear white coats doesn't make them doctors.

Obviously there is a lot more to this "story", and like most major issues here the causes cannot be discussed.

The split in Thai Theravada Buddhism is a lot like the split in the social/political landscape, over the last 60+ years.

Under the veneer, cracks appear within Thai Buddhism

Thai Buddhism and the country's monastic community, the Sangha, have been in turmoil for months over the selection of a new supreme patriarch, or head of the Sangha. The issue came to a head in February when, in a surreal scene that shocked many Thais, saffron-clad monks and khaki-uniformed soldiers scuffled in a Bangkok suburb. A monk headlocked a soldier, while a military officer violently pushed away other monks.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Viewpoints/Viewpoints/Arnaud-Dubus-Under-the-veneer-cracks-appear-within-Thai-Buddhism